Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has their fifteen minutes of fame, even Private Bloggins in the trench armed only with a lasgun starring down a charging group of Berserkers. Mine however does not come from poor Bloggins, more often then not he gets killed, but it comes from a veteran Kasrkin sergeant.

I was playing a cocky and some what arrogant Tyranid player, and by all respects, he owned me in that game. In the end, I walked away with the glory. Hive Tyrant, missing one wound, squaring off against the mention Kasrkin sergeant. Being sure of his victory, the Nid player said, "I'll even give you the extra attack on the charge. I'll be sporting about it." Sporting indeed. So, with my bolt pistol and power sword, I charged. I needed sixes across the board to win. Karma being what it is, Sgt Darien Richter had his fifteen minutes, and ended the Hive Tyrant, power sword style. Sporting indeed.

Everyone has their fifteen minutes, what was yours?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
My mortar squads constantly surprise the enemy. In quite a few games they have beaten off more assaults and killed more enemies in assault than practically any other unit. Their CC kills stand at:
2 Farseers
3 Seraphim
1 Cannonnes
4 Guardians
3 Dire Avengers
1 Striking Scorpion

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts
Ooh, got plenty of these stories, but I think the biggest hero of my regiment is an unnamed Junior Officer who've single handedly defeated a 3 strong unit of necron wraiths and 3 strong unit of space marine scoutbikes - both times, he was the one who got charged after having had his squadmates gunned down from shooting.

But I think my favourite story is about a five man stormtrooper unit I regularly deepstrike into action. A sergeant and four troopers, two carrying meltaguns. These guys have managed amazing feats - blowing up vehicles all around as they land. But that's to be expected. The fun comes when you deepstrike next too a Whirlwind and roll snakeeyes on your to hit roll with the meltaguns. The next turn, the whirlwind decided it was in trouble, and with no other marines there to help, fired it's missiles towards the cluttered troopers only to scatter and miss.
Now, having been given a second chance at destroying the whirlwind, the stormtroopers fire their meltaguns again - another pair of snakeeyes... so for laughs, I charge the whirlwind and use my krak grenades against it only to destroy it. :>

Same unit lands next to a black templar venerable dreadnought. Another pair of snakeyes and in the next turn, they take two casulties from it's stormbolter followed by a charge that kills two more leaving only the sergeant standing. So here comes the single krak grenade attack. 6 to hit! 6 on the armour penetration table! Glancing hit! Damage roll... another 6, but it's venerable, so I have to reroll... of course. Another 6 and the dreadnought and it's my turn again where the lone sergeant passes his all on his own test and moves on and charges the side of an empty tl-lascannon razorback and destroys it aswell. The poor sergeant finally met his end at the hands of a rhino with a pintle mounted storm bolter.

Best of all, half the people at my club where watching the heroic deeds of Sergeant Tarl, filling the room with cheers, laughter(and at his death, booing). :>

EDIT: I love threads like this one. I seldom give rep out, but I think this thread has the potential to become a good read, which is something I think the IG board has been lacking for some time. :>

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had an awesome experience recently, where the humble Guard dropped a Chaos army to nearly nothing by Turn 4 due to the unscatterable Ordnance- out of all the Mounted units and Bezerkers and Obliterators and all, only 4 daemons made combat. (!!!)

On the opposite flank, a Winged Undivided Lord made combat too and took two wounds fighting Guardsmen! He was the only Chaos model to survive the game :p That unit got a promotion. :rofl

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
Well it was my first apcolypse game and on the first turn I killed 63 orks with my 10 inch blast templete from my scratch build titan. Plasma destroyers are fun. Surprising the truk that was in the center of the blast was the only thing that survived.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
We have all had those moments - i went through 3 turns once without hitting anything, without saving anything and without passing any tests. That's the entire army I'm talking about.

·
Superflat Monogram
189 Posts
This is the tale of esteemed Private, now Sergeant, Stumpy.

Lo and behold, Inquisitor Anonyme's own. Their daring men and women raised from a dozen different worlds, all fighting for the might of the Emperor and the Inquisition.

To that end, there is a singular soldier, one who deserves the most praise within the company. That is Stumpy, from the Cadian front lines.

Stumpy's first act of great might was when his entire platoon was wiped out by foul Chaos Space Marines. In righteous fury he charged his foe: A Chaos Lord of the most vile reputation. Stumpy's first two strikes wounded the dastardly fiend, whilst managing to evade the foe's own counter attack. The next round of battle saw Stumpy Victorious, only to be shot down by more traitors.

Despite his fall, Stumpy was still alive, and after battle he was seen on the next tour, armed with only a wooden prosthetic leg to replace his lost left leg.

Stumpy's exploits went on against the foul Necrons, overcoming his fears and charging the menace head on, as was the Commissar's orders. After the withering fusillade of gauss fire, once more Stumpy still stood. With great vengeance he charged the remaining Necron warriors, smiting all five remaining Necron Warriors. He did not leave unscathed however, for his left arm was blasted off by stray Gauss fire.

Replacing it with a bionic that directly linked his arm to his gun, Stumpy went back once more to battle, this time against loyalist Space Marines.

By this time, Stumpy was promoted to squad sergeant and presented a most holy powered bayonet.

As the Space Marines closed to Stumpy, he ordered his men to fire at will, and so they did, slaying three of the ten man assault squad. Now in vicious close quarters combat, the rest of Stumpy's squad died, but he stood his ground, slaying three more, leaving four to duel. In the midst of combat, did Stumpy loose his eye, but he did not lose his faith. And thus, did they battle until the Space Marines were forced to retreat due to heavy casualties.

After this last exploit, Stumpy was promoted to Grenadier Sergeant. That was a year ago. Stumpy now has the infamous honor of having a Chaplain, a Warboss, a BroodLord, and countless lesser foes he has bested in close combat.

Amongst these lands, Stumpy is a legend amongst men. When times look most bleak, those amongst us merely have to say "Remember Stumpy, men." And thus do the men redouble their efforts.

He has also been privy to some of the most embarrassing deaths within the Imperium, ranging from friendly Basilisk fire, to being clubbed to death by Tau Firewarriors, to getting smacked down by a lone gun drone, to being swarmed by countless gaunts.

He was also infamously part of operation Meat Shield: All two hundred men were ordered to hold of a Blood Angel's Death Company. Despite a withering barrage of 500 lasgun shots, only two of the company fell. Stumpy was the last man standing.

He ran like a coward. But he did run, run far back to the deployment zone.

·
Official Lol Cannon
970 Posts
Against a Chaos army every singe ordnance blast hit from my russ and 2 basilisk for the whole game. Twas quite loller.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My hardened vet squad (used as a point squad) held out in a building against a huge mob of orcs for two turns. Mostly cause the orcs couldn't hit em. Well The mob boss finally got to the front and wiped em out. Bassie got em next turn. Straight out of saving private ryan.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
My Leman russ, in the first game I had it, killed 16 battle sisters with his first 2 shots. Forst one, I had just destroyed a rhino and the only target for my russ was a sister that had to disembark, the rest of the squad was on the other side of the rhino (out of Los) scatter in the right direction to cover 7 of the remaining 8 sisters (2 died in the rhino crash) and promptly pasted 6.
Next turn his other rhino disembarked a sisters squad with 2 meltas 6" from my Russ. Both meltas hit and promtply roll snake eyes and my russ shows them why it's a bad idea to stand in front of a battle cannon. 10 models were covered by the blast, 10 wounds rolled, a fine pink mist where his squad had been (and a pair of smoking boots, because there is always a pair of smoking boots)

·
durus
2,578 Posts
First Turn Conflict Tournement '06 - Vancouver.

Playing against a Trait Marine list, Landraider Crusader, Assault Marines, lots of troops.

I shoot my Bassie at his Landraider in the opposite corner full of Terminators.

I stick it.

I roll a six.

I roll another six....... six on the ordnance penetrating table..........

Poof....Gone8X

Sucks to be him!

·
2,399 Posts
Dice

Either :
Stormtrooper Sgnt killing a Chaos lord - after 3 turns of combat (I did lose approx 20 men in combat to it mind)
Or A sentinal now known as "Assassain Death" - armed with a lascannon it has killed a culexus twice. (Seperate Battles), and is good for obliterators too. I painted a flaming A on the side.
Or the never dying Inquisitor. He charged, he kills a terminator, (finishing them off), he gets shot, alot, he dies. I roll of 6 (bionics) he gets back up again. He's not in combat. So I charge again, this time Finishing off a Marine Captain. The accompanying command squad then kills him. Beginning of next turn he gets up again, (6) and charges into marines.
I love my lightening claw inquisitor. He's my friend.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Well, I thought I'd contribute. I had a "reverse" moment of this nature recently. My Chaos Lord with a bike and a daemon weapon charges a group of 10 Guardsmen - no Sergeant, no Commisar, just 10 naked Guards with Special Weapons. I roll badly for the daemon weapon (meaning no attacks, and I take an automatic wound - which I saved with the Invulnerable roll). Not that it helped.

As you can probably guess, the mighty chaos lord stands around looking cock-eyed while the Guardsmen poke him to death.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
wiping out an entire necron army at the loss of 4 guardsmen with my Elysians, my opponent must have been slightly insane though, I could tell from his post game comments along the lines of "ok I lost but I think it went well"

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
We have all had those moments - i went through 3 turns once without hitting anything, without saving anything and without passing any tests. That's the entire army I'm talking about.
Kinda like the time I scattered all three basilisks 12'' back onto my own men. So much blood, so much pain, I loved it. . . even though i lost the game 8Y

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Picture this, an old 40k in a flash game, 500 points of Mechanized Dark Angels versus my mighty guardsmen. By the end of turn three there are only 4 models on the table: a Rhino, a Predator, a Dreadnought, and a single guardsman hunkered down in a ruin with a grenade launcher. Turn 4: Run sidelong into another ruin, shoot a grenade at the Pred's side armor, destroy it. Turn 5: After withstanding a furious burst of fire from the approaching Dread and Rhino shoot the Dread and destroy it. Turn 6: Rhino drives 6" backwards shoots and misses, Guardsman runs 6" out of the ruin shoots and kills the Rhino.

The kicker: Technically it was a draw.

However, 2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad, Grenade Launcher operator is still a true hero of the Imperium.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
I dont have any stories of heroics, but I do have a lot of precisely the opposite.

The biggest one was the first game my brand shiny new Leman Russ battletank took a part in (soon after the release of 3rd ed).

A chaos lord 6" away, In my infinite tactical wisdom I decide that indiscriminate use of excessively large calibre weaponry at unneccessarily close range is the way to go.

The obvious happens and the ordinance blast scatters back on top of my tank. Tank gets annihilated.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts