Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been collecting and painting and playing 40k since I was 12, which is fitting, because most of my models look like they were painted by a 12 year old. I have collected Dark Angels, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, and Imperial Guard, and, time and constitution permitting, I hope to eventually cover the latter three of those armies (Ebay, meet the Dark Angels. Dark Angels, meet Ebay.), but for now, this plog will very much be dedicated to my Palawing GKs. I've never been a very careful painter, or diligent about completing whole armies, but with this thread I hope to change that, and become a better painter with better a better work ethic!

Wood Event Television Barware Output device
Family Shot! Dark Angels-Guard-GK-Sisters!
Toy Gas Tree Plant Military robot
Toy Gas Military robot Machine Lego
Psyflemen Dread project, utilizing DanJones' Instant Mold Tutorial
Sculpture Statue Art Toy Metal
These are 4 of my Ghost Knight candidates, with ominous pointing fingers. Plan to add some chains and a ghostly green scheme.
Table Souvenir Serveware Sculpture Metal
Good ol' metal boys.
Hat Jewellery Art Metal Fashion accessory
Blood Angels hammerhead drilled and stuck on an old white metal halberd bit.

Product Creative arts Jewellery Souvenir Art

Toy Souvenir Jewellery Metal Event
First Squad WiP. Plenty to do to clean 'em up; in particular the force weapons, highlighting, and basing. Does feature one greenstuff-cast psycannon in the back left, and the boss is swingin' a flail. Oh! all the hands are magnetized too, for easy weapon swappin! I would like to add magnetizable paladin poles on their backs too, mainly to prevent them from breaking off.
Machine Auto part Nickel Metal Rim
Magnetized dreadknight! Haven't built the additional gun and fist bits yet, but he's ready to go when I do! His two brothers are incubating in the life giving plastic bags until they're ready to be born. er, assembled.
Art Machine Wood Metal Fashion accessory

Well that just about concludes my first post. Hope to have the first squad finished up and clear coated in a day or two, then get crackin' on the second squad. My plan is to do each set of 5 paladins with a different color combo. First one is obviously Blue with Green weapons; next one I'm thinking Green with purple weapons! Not positive about it yet, but I think it will be fun and interesting, as well as make gameplay a little bit smoother (i.e. "I'm shooting with the green squad.").

Just some ideas! Any C&C welcome!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the response Gedderz! This is the tip of the ice berg, and I think it's a manageable portion. my goal is to do weekly updates.

Target for next post:
Assemble Dreadknight #2.
Finish casting/assembling 4 additional psyflemen dread arms.
Finish painting squad 1, with bases and paladin poles.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pilot- Thanks a ton! I'm pretty pleased with that model as well. I stole the flail idea from a model I saw on ebay, but it was pretty simple: just a chaos warriors' mace bit, some jewelry chain, half of a halberd shaft, a convenient terminator open hand, and a tiny bit of greenstuff. I have plans for another flail model in a swinging pose...not sure if I possess the artistry to pull it off, but we'll see!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Despite immediately falling behind on my update schedule, I have gotten a decent amount done on my palawing army.

I've come at the psyfleman left arm a variety of ways; chopping off a DCCW, adding to a missile launcher, and, my personal favorite so far, using an extra land raider sponson cover to make an "underslung" version. Kinda neat I think.
Toy Gas Machine Scale model Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Peripheral Toy Input device

my dreadknight got a buddy. 2 down, 1 to go. I have continued to magnetize, but preliminary test usage indicates that I really may never field anything other than a greatsword and/or heavy incinerator...other than the obligatory teleporter, o'course.
Toy Squad Machine Mecha Collectable

Test squad one has gotten some updates; a little more work on the weapons; purity seals got a wash, and most of the scrolls and books got some text and whatnot.
Light Computer keyboard Input device Peripheral Gas

Squad 2 is looking like it may turn out a bit more interesting. magnetized the paladin poles, and this time magnetized the heavy weapon arms, including one simple conversion inspired by the guys on the GK page, using a psilencer to make a sort of "tommygun" looking psycannon. While the incinerator is nifty, I probably won't ever field it. But what is probably more useful, is I magnetized a stormbolter, in case I want to field them as GKTs and can't squeeze in the 2nd Psycannon! They also have a few extra weapon options, and I repeated the flail from above, but this time going for an "in-motion" shot. I think it turned out alright!
Table Skull Metal Collectable Souvenir

Heroes so far...
Hand Computer keyboard Light Human body Purple

extra guys...coolest thing here is that the psycannon in the foreground is a greenstuff cast! the blurry back-left is a metal incinerator-turned-psycannon, and, while rather long, gives some variation.
Automotive tire Toy Table Rim Bicycle part

metal guys
Motor vehicle Toy Machine Metal Collectable

So that's most of the progress! I also [foolishly] acquired a friend's guard army, so I've been priming them up, and ALSO started on my empire guys. yeeeeah. too much stuff.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One small update:

I made a few Cleaner's Cases, as featured in the tutorial section, created by LO member ntgCleaner.

Gadget Publication Gas Technology Electronic device

First of all, these cases are pretty awesome for a cheap-o like me, who would rather buy models than cases!

But the cooler point I thought I would make is that...I've benefited tremendously from LO member ideas and tutorials! DanJones' instant mold, kzqq's psilencer to psycannon conversion, and ntgCleaner's Case have all been pretty neat additions. So thanks guys, and LO forum at large! I look forward to continuously gleaning ideas!

·
2,434 Posts
Ahh sancraer! I'm a pitiful sculptor (so far!!), but I make molds of parts I need to duplicate, as per DanJones' instant mold tutorial! it's really useful, and not challenging!
Using the tool to your advantage its what its all about. :p

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok. Big random update. I have my paladins all based in an urban theme. I scratched some lines in the bases to look like the lines in concrete, glued some ballast down, and painted them to look (hopefully) like concrete. After I seal them, I will put a little static grass in the cracks and whatnot.

Toy Table Engineering Machine Indoor games and sports

Purple squad! I think the purple weapons turned out the best.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Toy Vehicle Engineering

Just showing the basing I guess, and a little proof of the whole gang's status? I guess?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy Mecha Engineering

Amazing freehand skills. Lol. Don't look too closely.
Toy Gas Motor vehicle Machine Metal

Bloodletter head! I think I'd like to add some pooled blood on the base.
Purple Toy Armour Fictional character Machine

Hey it's Kaldor!
Toy Machine Engineering Metal Fictional character

Flail guy #2 painting "progress." Basically hate how the flail itself is looking, paint wise, so I'm thinking I'll just paint it silver/gold, instead of trying to go the force weapon route.
Shoe Automotive tire Sneakers Auto part Box

Next up....Striker/Purifiers! (I'm not going to paint their heads white, but they will be fielded interchangeably).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have 6 metal guys, 10 new plastics, and then I made a few extra guys with retired Dark Angel veterans, a company champion, the extra chest pieces from the plastic boxes, aaand I think that's it. Oh, and terminator heads. I realize they're a little too big, but I think when they're painted up and on the table, it won't be that big of a deal.
Table Indoor games and sports Toy Recreation Board game

Toy Art Indoor games and sports Recreation Metal

Toy Hood Automotive tire Machine Metal

Ready for a COMPLETE change of direction? Started working on an empire test model. I'm going for the wissenland scheme here.
Wood Toy Automotive lighting Christmas ornament Gas

Toy Tire Lifebuoy Automotive tire Wood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.