Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here goes, 2 of my mates from our club found a little loophole in the new 'dex, apparently each 'psyker' is listed under Inquisitorial warband seperately, ie, Psyker.. Blah,blah.

So he put together the following list>

Torquemada Corteaz
Inquisitor w/Conversion beamer
Vindicare Assassin
Culexus assassin
12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

Now according to the way the dex is written this means 6 S10 AP1 blasts each turn, on top of this the Chimeras surround the Culexus within 12" of him, giving him 2 plus 6X12 for a grand total of 74 shots with his weapon each turn. The loophole exists because it states that this is +1 shot per psyker within 12", not group of psykers, but each psyker.

Cheesey or what?

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Do Pyskers have the Psyker special rule? No. Ergo, no Psyker model counts as a Psyker for rules purposes.

That sorted, do Psyker models count as Psykers in any other way? Yes, as described by their Psychic Barrage rule. Where it states, in no uncertain terms, that an entire unit of Pysker models is treated as a single Psyker "for the purposes of Psychic tests, etc.". That "etc." is the key bit. It covers ... EVERYTHING. Unless anybody can tell me what can possibly, rationally be left out of "etc.", the only logical conclusion is that it is all-inclusive.

Which means that entire units of Psykers never count as more than 1 Psyker. Ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's my thinking. However, they are 10 points each model... I think that's where he's taking it from. It defo needs an FAQ or I can see a few arguments on the table over it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It would definitely be interesting. I will say however, that I don't see the Culexus assassin being as good as you think due to his 12" range.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
That's my thinking. However, they are 10 points each model... I think that's where he's taking it from. It defo needs an FAQ or I can see a few arguments on the table over it.
What is there to argue about? The rules verbiage for Psychic Barrage are almost exactly the same as those for Psychic Brotherhood, and you don't see anybody arguing about that! :rotfl:

People really need to disassociate their mind fluff from the RAW. Just because the individual dudes have the name "Psyker" doesn't actually make them psykers according to the rules!

Frankly, this should be old news to us DH players. Does nobody remember how in the old DH codex Justicars were the only members of a unit that counted as psykers even though the fluff had it that every GK was a psyker?

·
Registered
140 Posts
isn't it listed that the warbands don't take up force organization chart meaning do u need 2 troop choices to make this list legit???

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
isn't it listed that the warbands don't take up force organization chart meaning do u need 2 troop choices to make this list legit???
Coteaz's "Lord of Formosa" rule makes Warbands Troops choices instead.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What is there to argue about? The rules verbiage for Psychic Barrage are almost exactly the same as those for Psychic Brotherhood, and you don't see anybody arguing about that! :rotfl:

People really need to disassociate their mind fluff from the RAW. Just because the individual dudes have the name "Psyker" doesn't actually make them psykers according to the rules!

Frankly, this should be old news to us DH players. Does nobody remember how in the old DH codex Justicars were the only members of a unit that counted as psykers even though the fluff had it that every GK was a psyker?
Going to clarify this a little. A unit is only a psyker if stated so under the "special rules" category of the unit. For instance, Grey Knights have the special rule "Psychic Brotherhood" which makes them psykers. The Librarian has the special rule "psyker (mastery level 2) that makes him a psyker. I hope that is helpful :)

EDIT: Just back-read a few posts and saw that this was all ready mentioned...sorry lol

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Going to clarify this a little. A unit is only a psyker if stated so under the "special rules" category of the unit. For instance, Grey Knights have the special rule "Psychic Brotherhood" which makes them psykers. The Librarian has the special rule "psyker (mastery level 2) that makes him a psyker. I hope that is helpful :)
And psyker henchmen units have a special rule called "Psychic Barrage" that makes them psykers. Or, more accurately -- and in almost exactly the same verbiage as your mentioned "Psychic Brotherhood" rule -- units get treated as a single psyker in all respects. In black and white, right there, it says: "treated as a single psyker for Psychic tests, etc.". Job done. Clear as the sky is blue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
And psyker henchmen units have a special rule called "Psychic Barrage" that makes them psykers. Or, more accurately -- and in almost exactly the same verbiage as your mentioned "Psychic Brotherhood" rule -- units get treated as a single psyker in all respects. In black and white, right there, it says: "treated as a single psyker for Psychic tests, etc.". Job done. Clear as the sky is blue.
Exactly, clear as the sky is blue...wait...is the sky technically blue? :)

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Well here goes, 2 of my mates from our club found a little loophole in the new 'dex, apparently each 'psyker' is listed under Inquisitorial warband seperately, ie, Psyker.. Blah,blah.

So he put together the following list>

Torquemada Corteaz
Inquisitor w/Conversion beamer
Vindicare Assassin
Culexus assassin
12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

Now according to the way the dex is written this means 6 S10 AP1 blasts each turn, on top of this the Chimeras surround the Culexus within 12" of him, giving him 2 plus 6X12 for a grand total of 74 shots with his weapon each turn. The loophole exists because it states that this is +1 shot per psyker within 12", not group of psykers, but each psyker.

Cheesey or what?
Psyker non-controversy aside, that list is some major fail there. I don't see cheese anywhere, but I do hear wine when you lose with it to a balanced list. ;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Emperor help him if his opponent is Eldar with Runes of Warding.

·
1,151 Posts
I do. That won me a gave vs Black Templars once.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Give me one farseer in a wave serpent.

"Cheesy" army countered for under 200pts.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hell, even a single meched up psychick hood would dominate this "cheesy" list.

·
860 Posts
Re - do the Psykers all count as Pyskers or as a Psyker:

pg51 of the new GK Codex states "...... of the attack increases by one for each additional Psyker in the unit."

So they are a unit of Psykers. GW just forgot (as usual) to write down Psyker under their unit type.

This does not conflict with their special rule saying that they are single Psyker for Psychic tests.

With regards to the list. I don't think this will work at all well.

Lord Ramon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts