Librarium Online Forums banner

Which weekend is best for the LO Meet 2010?

• 2nd - 5th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 9th - 12th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 16th - 19th July

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 23rd - 26th July

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • sometime in august

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 30th July - 2nd August

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 6th - 9th August

Votes: 2 8.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, its that time again. Time for the new LO Meet. The details shall come later, but for now this will do to decide on the date of the meet. As usual, it'll be during July and the weekend with the highest votes will be weekend it is held on.

For those who have never been before, the LO Meet is a weekend where the members of LO may meet, at Warhammer World in Nottingham. We play games, drink, chat and basically have a good time. The evenings are take up by going to a pub for some casual drinking and frivolities. But be warned, there is a chance of a sore throat. I must say that we have an age limit on the meet. The youngest we can have without parental supervision is sixteen (16), but I must warn you that those under eighteen (18 ) might not be able to join in with certain activities.

Please choose a date on the poll and we'll see if it is a viable weekend.

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hm, seems we have a few Swedes and people wanting the meet in August! Whatever is the world coming to?! I didn't put any August dates as traditionally its always been July. If there is such a demand for August, I think we could go with it. Lets see what people would like then. :)

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was gonna strip, but seems there is a rule...some say law, but i think that's a very strong term... about that at Bugman's. I say we duet, we'd be AMAZING.

Mal. Um.. I don't actually possess any BB minis, I have one Orc Blitzer built, but had to stop.

Oh, and I'm most likely coming from Leeds this year. Me and the missus are planning a move together after uni ends. AAAAANNNNNDDD... I have been informed by our ol' One Eye'd member that he will infact be moving to Nottingham this year. Some to do with him having a job as a graphics designer for White Dwarf. :O Pints are on him! :D

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I will put up a proper post later, towards the date itself. Most people will stay at the Gresham hotel, its close and quite cheap (depending on the room type). Food wise, you can bring pack meals, but most will buy them at either Bugman's, or where ever we end up in the evening. There will be the traditional meal on Friday night, so money for that and that'll be it. Money for food and minis. :)

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Put me down as a tentive yes. I've not been since the first year and I've said I'll go every year since but this time it will be different. This far out i'm free on all those weekends.

It will be nice to meet some of you guys face to face. Not you though Kuffy, I've meet you already. ;)
OI! You miss me, I know it! :p

a song from every member? and a beer to every member from Kuffy! Now that's more like it ;). W e should do a haka like the new zealand rugby team :p. lol joking,
A drink from me? AHAHA. Dear boy, I'll be fresh out of uni, and moving to a new home. Trust me, I'll just about have enough money for the meet itself. :p I think I deserve a drink from each member. :p

The main reason Im playing fantasy is it means I might loose a game! All you 40K guys, particuarlly Kuffy, just didnt step up to the challenge last year!

Kuffy,
May it be worth checking the proposed dates with WHW, they do usually have events on around the summer and it would be quite a disappointment to arrive to find me fighting people and fencing areas off with the HAZZ tape.

*This table is mine!*

Dan

Oi! You never played me kiddo. And you had cheesy terminators. Don't blame me.

I will call them up when we have a better grasp of the date. So far we have "Sometime in August". Needs a fine tuning. ;)

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Sorry guys, I have been meaning to sort this out. The weekend, as far as I can see will be the first weekend on August (30th July - 2nd August). I will call them up to sort stuff out.

As to organising events, I am not against it if individual groups wish to do this, but I do not wish these to be the focus or forced upon those taking part. The meet is just about having fun and meeting other members. What you do there, is up to those involved.

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Well then, it appears people get their wishes. Judging by this PDF for warhammer world that weekend is busy. So, the following weekend is the best, as it is labelled as "open gaming". So, the new and proper date for the LO Meet 2010 is -

6th - 9th August

I will seek to get information up about places to sleep and what have you, soonish.

CunningStunt - Anyone is free to come, and for as many days as they please.

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Yes I reckon 60/40 chance I'll come along.
Theo will be so jealous
In that case, you must come. :D

Unfortunately I am having a premonition that Warhammer World will burn to the ground on the 5th of August.

Such a shame.

Kuffy- YOU are complaining about spam on a thread?? YOU!!??

Also

If I do make it down to the meet I shall expect some sort of present by the way...or a cake. Or beer...or a beer cake.
You have a point? I at least spam on topic. :p

A cake? Sure, but you're not allowed any. :p

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Potentially good news people! I've had a chat with my significant other and it looks like I may be able to attend after all, although its likely to be only the friday and saturday.

Sorry to dissapoint anyone with that news...
Oh gods. I had thought that we'd managed to get rid of you this year. *sigh*

still waiting on my answer. is there an army that will be missing from the meet up? id like to play with an army that i wont playing constantly. I do need the heads up as a low paid individual who needs time to paint and collect.
Well, without everyone giving a detailed description of what they'll be bringing I don't think we know. Just bring whatever army you want, many are represented and some more than others. *shrug*

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
If I do make it I'll be bringing 'nids.

What kind of army sizes should we be looking at pointswise?
As much as you want. People are usually willing to cut down, or if they can, increase the size of their armies to accommodate others for games. So, just bring whatever and we'll see what happens. :D

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I would request you don't use a fake ID. :p The age restriction is set at 16 for those who do not need to bring parental supervision. Anyone aged below 16, may still attend, but must be accompanied by a guardian. This is to protect us running it, we cannot be responsible for young children, and the fact being that we will be staying in a hotel and will be going out later in the evenings. Its just a precaution. :)

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
I'm not the average "young kid" who often attends things like this. I have been playing various different games since age 7 and a national level (national champion :) even once) and have been all over several countries without any trouble before. Obviously I can get my dad to take me and organise where i'm staying and stuff but I'm just asking that I don't have to somehow pursuade him to stay around with me all through it as he would definitely not take me.

P.S Thanks for the quick reply.
That's fair enough, but it would be unfair on others to make exceptions. And I personally would feel quite uncomfortable (essentially being the organiser) that an under aged member is without supervision. I hope you don't take offence. If your dad come, then he could just hang out in the bar. There are a lot of parents who do this at WHW. A lot.

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Half of Bugmans is filled with parents slowly getting drunk and eating delicious burgers.
You talking from experience there old man? :p

Luckily for me my dads actually into the gaming scene although he doesn't play warhammer he plays a bit of magic and a few other card games and he plays a variety of board games like carcassone and race for the galaxy. So does anyone know those games and is there any chance of you playing something besides GW games in bugmans.
Well, Bugman's is a great place to hang out. There are some board games that can be played there, and I don't think they care that much about Magic, but I am not fully sure. I'm sure your dad would be comfortable there. Just tell him to bring plenty of money and stuff to entertain himself with. 10am - 6pm is a long time. ;)

Kuffy

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Dont for the love of god bring a highly converted Stompa to the meet in a carry bag, IT WILL END IN TEARS!

Kuffy, do we have a date planned yet (or have i missed it? , ive just read from, page 15 but its been along day giving plus size ladies helpful advice about fashion, that right i'm the new chubby Gok Wan!).
I really need to book the fri and mon around the planned weekend off soon.
This time i plan on staying in Nottingham for a long, long weekend and ave as many games as pos.
Now. I'm pretty sure an unfertilised foetus knows not to put a stompa in a plastic bag. :p

It has been sorted. Its the second week of August 13th (Friday) until 16th (Monday). And please... keep all your 'activities' to yourself. :p

Kuffy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.