Librarium Online Forums banner

Which weekend is best for the LO Meet 2010?

• 2nd - 5th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 9th - 12th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 16th - 19th July

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 23rd - 26th July

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • sometime in august

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 30th July - 2nd August

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 6th - 9th August

Votes: 2 8.3%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
If humanly possible I shall be attending again. The only weekend I can't do is the 6/7/8 of August

Do we know what weekends are free at WW?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I would reiterate my wish for any date except for that of the 8th August, as even though I'd love to spend my 30th Birthday at Warhammer world my girlfriend and mates certainly wouldn't.

And you can't have the LO Meet without me? I know you did originally but they were hollow joyless occasions- I am there to allow people to win heavily and feel good about themselves.

When do GW release their summer schedule of events? Are we all being a bit premature?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
They had a open weekend for all the employees at GW HQ and their families. In an act of generosity, they decided that any visitor to WHW could take advantage of it.
To be fair, it was blooming lovely- we've been pretty lucky the last few years with free food last year, and then the year before that they decided that LO would run a demonstration table for the launch of the new 40k rules (granted we used the previous edition for the Big game ...in yo face GW)

@Dan- I may be old but I still look younger than Kuffy, he must have had a tough life....

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
And hopefully it'll be even longer. ;) Sounds like the usual crowd will be along, and some extras. Good news. I pray this year my voice will not be stolen. :(

Kuffy
Just dont speak for a month before the meet. I have to say I missed your dulcit tones last year- i vote that this year you treat us all to a song to compensate.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Ill happilly sing with you Kuffy. Lets pretend that all new atendees have to give an introductory song in Bugmans *chortle*

@Dan- If you want to blood your Dark Elves at the meet i'll happily hand you a debut win? I'll either be bringing the High Elves again or Empire (or Dwarfs havent decided!)...and you all thought I was bad at 40k...

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
@Dan- Good stuff. Looking forward to it! Just need to get that Dragon painted now ;p

Antique Nova- its not too expensive a weekend really, the Gresham is pretty cheap- the extras (going for meals in the evening etc.) are optional too, last year me and a couple of others ducked out of the meal and just grabbed a burger king before meeting the others in the pub. Of course most people splurgh a lot of cash in WW on things like Forgeworld stuff but again thats entirely up to you!

Last year I stayed in a hotel up by the castle, I got a deal online so it didnt end up a great deal more than the Gresham- and its a lot nicer! not quite as handy though as its good to have most of the group together for logistics etc. but what can I say, to quote Alan from 'The Hangover'

"You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack."

not true of course, I just like my creature comforts- like an en-suite shower.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Hell I'll probably bring my high elves along then - I've not played for a few editions but if people are as bad as they say it might even be a close run thing :D
Most people are pretty good, only I am bad- and I won't have any other poor players stealing my crown :p

You should bring them though, the great joy of the LO Meet is that, certainly to date anyway, everyone who attends is a decent sort- so even if they are knocking the stuffing out of you they are helpful and friendly so it never feels too bad- and you learn a lot!

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
A drink from me? AHAHA. Dear boy, I'll be fresh out of uni, and moving to a new home. Trust me, I'll just about have enough money for the meet itself. :p I think I deserve a drink from each member. :p
Thats fine, I for one would love to watch Kuffy knock back 20+ pints in a row- then watch him fall into the canal

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I also still have my wooden spoon ready for this years Warbands tournament champion if it happens and mine is still in pristine condition. Perhaps this years prize should be a whisk or apple corer instead though.
No1, are you just trying to kit out your kitchen?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Well ive gotta say that i pumped. now i have that final bit of motivation to piece an army together, and meesome people relativly close o me(Brandon, lakenheath)should be good, maybe we should take a poll of whose gnna be able to attend and with what so that way i can bring the least popular army to the table.
That would probably be a Squat army....

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
oh yeah and ill bring some zoats as allies....i was thnkin mmmm more codexie, i just want to brin what everyon else wants to see there.
Ha ha they would probably throw you out of Warhammer World before any children see them! "Mummy what are those lizard/goat things?"

I agree we should have a poll or thread, we had a similar thing last year. its a little early yet though, we don't even have a date yet! nice to see someone else looking forward to this years meet as much as me though!

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
No your right, its the Adeptus Mechanicus squat, just checked it out on Stuff of Legends

I'm a dunce.

I'd love to have that mini as well! I once had one of the original 40k squats (when they were just called Space Dwarfs) but i'll be buggered if I know where it is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.