Librarium Online Forums banner

Which weekend is best for the LO Meet 2010?

• 2nd - 5th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 9th - 12th July

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 16th - 19th July

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 23rd - 26th July

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • sometime in august

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 30th July - 2nd August

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 6th - 9th August

Votes: 2 8.3%
41 - 60 of 224 Posts

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
And hopefully it'll be even longer. ;) Sounds like the usual crowd will be along, and some extras. Good news. I pray this year my voice will not be stolen. :(

Kuffy
Just dont speak for a month before the meet. I have to say I missed your dulcit tones last year- i vote that this year you treat us all to a song to compensate.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was gonna strip, but seems there is a rule...some say law, but i think that's a very strong term... about that at Bugman's. I say we duet, we'd be AMAZING.

Mal. Um.. I don't actually possess any BB minis, I have one Orc Blitzer built, but had to stop.

Oh, and I'm most likely coming from Leeds this year. Me and the missus are planning a move together after uni ends. AAAAANNNNNDDD... I have been informed by our ol' One Eye'd member that he will infact be moving to Nottingham this year. Some to do with him having a job as a graphics designer for White Dwarf. :O Pints are on him! :D

Kuffy

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Ill happilly sing with you Kuffy. Lets pretend that all new atendees have to give an introductory song in Bugmans *chortle*

@Dan- If you want to blood your Dark Elves at the meet i'll happily hand you a debut win? I'll either be bringing the High Elves again or Empire (or Dwarfs havent decided!)...and you all thought I was bad at 40k...

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Ill happilly sing with you Kuffy. Lets pretend that all new atendees have to give an introductory song in Bugmans *chortle*

@Dan- If you want to blood your Dark Elves at the meet i'll happily hand you a debut win? I'll either be bringing the High Elves again or Empire (or Dwarfs havent decided!)...and you all thought I was bad at 40k...
Thats a game on. I just need to buy, build, paint and base my army. You can count on me to have something complete by the day of the meet, unlike Kuffy and -T. Slackers.

Where are most people planning on staying?
Im staying at mine.

Hey guys, one quick question. I'll be turning 16 in October, so Just after the meet, but if I can come, it'll only be for one day. No night time stuff, or over night stays. So My question basically is, would this be ok for me to come?
Personnally I think this is fine, the majority of the age limits refer to the over night stay and staying the night in a hotel with Kuffy and Theo. WHW does allow under 16's in on there own to game as far as Im aware, it may be worth checking through the WHW site to just clarify this.

Dan

·
The Shadow Knows!
1,590 Posts
Oh, and I'm most likely coming from Leeds this year. Me and the missus are planning a move together after uni ends.
If you need any help moving in, I'm only a short drive away in H'gate.

... I have been informed by our ol' One Eye'd member that he will infact be moving to Nottingham this year. Some to do with him having a job as a graphics designer for White Dwarf. :O Pints are on him! :D

Kuffy
I most sincerely hope that by your "ol' One Eye'd member" you do mean the Illustrious -Tom and not some dastardly euphemism. Ewwwwww. Props to Tom.

Where are most people planning on staying?
Most people board at the great hotel known as The Gresham. Kuffy/Toastee normally post an info thread before the meet for people to sign up and arrange shared lodging and game etc.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hoyl s*&^ i just dribbled.....lol , because i got soo excited.
.. I have been informed by our ol' One Eye'd member that he will infact be moving to Nottingham this year. Some to do with him having a job as a graphics designer for White Dwarf. Pints are on him!

Kuffy
I am going to study to be a graphics designer! I so want to be one :), i would love to be able to contact the guy. the quote above about WD hiring graphics designers, i know i forgot graphics designers could work for WD, made me go hyper!

It would be nice to know the rough cost for this accomodation at the hotel as well as what to bring for food etc. total cost. any estimates are appreciated, also i cannot vote until it gets clsoe to june due to various reasons.

thanks
antique_nova

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
@Dan- Good stuff. Looking forward to it! Just need to get that Dragon painted now ;p

Antique Nova- its not too expensive a weekend really, the Gresham is pretty cheap- the extras (going for meals in the evening etc.) are optional too, last year me and a couple of others ducked out of the meal and just grabbed a burger king before meeting the others in the pub. Of course most people splurgh a lot of cash in WW on things like Forgeworld stuff but again thats entirely up to you!

Last year I stayed in a hotel up by the castle, I got a deal online so it didnt end up a great deal more than the Gresham- and its a lot nicer! not quite as handy though as its good to have most of the group together for logistics etc. but what can I say, to quote Alan from 'The Hangover'

"You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack."

not true of course, I just like my creature comforts- like an en-suite shower.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I will put up a proper post later, towards the date itself. Most people will stay at the Gresham hotel, its close and quite cheap (depending on the room type). Food wise, you can bring pack meals, but most will buy them at either Bugman's, or where ever we end up in the evening. There will be the traditional meal on Friday night, so money for that and that'll be it. Money for food and minis. :)

Kuffy

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts

Does this I have to bring my WHFB army? This is madness.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Hell I'll probably bring my high elves along then - I've not played for a few editions but if people are as bad as they say it might even be a close run thing :D
Most people are pretty good, only I am bad- and I won't have any other poor players stealing my crown :p

You should bring them though, the great joy of the LO Meet is that, certainly to date anyway, everyone who attends is a decent sort- so even if they are knocking the stuffing out of you they are helpful and friendly so it never feels too bad- and you learn a lot!

41 - 60 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.