Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Great Invasion of the Mek Masters, was first spotted on the planet Demeter IX, a planet that has terribly could winters for almost year rould but for 3-4 months out of the year is the best agricultural planet in all of the Imperium. After this planet was besiged and nearly destroyed by the Ork force of the Mek Masters, the Ultramarines Chapter send a task force to destroy key locations, giving the local Imperial Guardsmen of the planet an advantage.

When the task force was sent on a night raid to plant sub-nuclear bombs on one of the orks command centers, where the Warboss himself was residing, they were discovered and killed. Everything that the task force had was taken 'orkified' and used against the other forces of the Imperium. In the siege of Vulcan IV, the Blood Angels chapter found themselves facing Meganobz wearing Terminator armor. In the Battle of Atlantis III Imperial Guardmen were astounded to find Warbikers, riding Ultramarine Attack bikes speeding behind their lines. Scouts that have infiltrated ork camps have found that the Mek Masters do not believe in Gork or Mork, and that they laugh at the imperium for thinking of their machines are 'sacred'. The Tech Priests of the Imperium were shocked completely. They had thought that all Orks belived in Gork and Mork, that to orks it wasn't a matter of choice. After many months of research they found that all of the Mek Masters had different genetic coding than other Orks. After many more months they found that long before the Invasion of Demeter IX, a planet called Jotun had been virus bombed after an invasion of orks. The Imperium had thought that everyone on the planet was dead but that was very far from the truth.

All of the humans on the planet were killed, that was true but it had a very different effect on the Orks. Most of the orks left that planet unscathed, but with a little variation in them. All of the Orks that left that planet had the gene that denied orks freedom of beleif (the gene that casued them to believe in Gork and Mork) was gone.So, the Mek Masters are hated by all other Orks for their non-belief in Gork and Mork, and the Mek Masters are contstantly in battle because of this. Many people of the Imperium find it amazing that the Mek Masters have held out this long against the many foes that they have but It was soon discovered that the freedom of belief was not the only modification that happened after the virus bombing. The Mek Masters produce twice the amount of spores that other orks produce allowing them to take a huge amount of casualties but return to battle with a still formidable force. The Mek Masters care little that they are hated by other orks for their difference, that just means more loot for them!

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Great fluff, everyone loves to see orks stealing Imperial tech. There are some great conversions along that line out there. An entire ork Waaagh! following that theme could be a thing of genius.

One complaint: I'm not so sure you can get away with them not believing in Gork and Mork. Atheism is almost certainly not even a genetic possibility for an ork. It's essential to orkhood. It's built in, like the Mekboyz' instinctive knowledge of technology and the gestalt psychic field that allows said technology to function in the first place. In fact, the only reason given for the creation of Gargants in the first place--the culmination of every Mek's dreams-- is as an act of worship; Gargants are all effigies of Gork and Mork. I guess if you really wanted to have orks who don't believe in Gork and Mork, you'd have to have them be a tiny force of outcasts who are hated by every other major ork tribe and Waaagh! in the galaxy. ESPECIALLY Ghazgkull and the Goffs, 'cause they "hate everyfink dat ain't proppa orky."

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Agri planets aren't idyllic worlds where everyone farms. They are worlds devoted to artificial farms that produce food for thousands of worlds. Plus, claiming that something of yours is the "best" in the Imperium is a weee bit cocky. It's like claiming that Sol is the largest and most awesome star in the galaxy.

Atheist Orks are a little not grimdark, as Orks personify the nature argument in nature vs. nurture. They are literally spawned with the skills that they need. They also are born with the innate belief in Gork and Mork, the alleged incarnations of the WAAAGH!. The WAAAGH! certainly exists and the coexists with the Orks and interacts with them, the Warp does have incarnations of itself (most notably the Chaos gods), so it isn't too hard to imagine that the Orks' belief is not only innate but justified.

However, mech/mechboy Orks are a wonderful and under-developed concept that you should definitely pursue. Perhaps their Warboss saw how "'ard dem termie boyz are" and commissioned the mechboys to make him 'ard armor with the defeated Terminators. The nobz liked this idea aswell and also bullied the mechboy, and soon the command echelon wasn't seen without its modified terminator armor. Of course, the termie armor was in short supply for these enterprising Orks, so they decided to go out and find themselves some. Thus a WAAAGH! had begun.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
T The Tech Priests of the Imperium were shocked completely. They had thought that all Orks belived in Gork and Mork, that to orks it wasn't a matter of choice. After many months of research they found that all of the Mek Masters had different genetic coding than other Orks. After many more months they found that long before the Invasion of Demeter IX, a planet called Jotun had been virus bombed after an invasion of orks. The Imperium had thought that everyone on the planet was dead but that was very far from the truth. All of the huimans on the planet were killed, that was true but it had a very different effect on the Orks. Most of the orks left that planet unscathed, but with a little variation in them. All of the Orks that left that planet had the gene that denied orks freedom of beleif (the gene that casued them to believe in Gork and Mork) was gone. So, the Mek Masters are hated by all other Orks for their non-belief in Gork and Mork, and the Mek Masters are contstantly in battle because of this. The MEk Masters care little that they are hated, that just means more loot for them!
An interesting twist, to be sure. I'm not sure how probable it is given the unimaginable complexity of human DNA, never mind extra-terrestrial DNA that has much more specific coding for the Cerebrum than should be physically possible, but it's an interesting twist.

While Orks live for and literally thrive off of conflict, this many orks would be brought down by the shear weight of the numbers of their foes before long without a plausible natural defense, Deus Ex Machina, or Eldar trickery. (Perhaps the non "Mek" Orks would stumble upon the nearby Craftworld, and the Eldar sent out some Pathfinders to deal with the premature threat.)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thank you tyland13 that was fun to read. I'm no fluff master and i don't know much about orks but i liked reading that. Only problem you have a couple grammatical errors in the beginning but everything else was fine.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Thank you tyland13 that was fun to read. I'm no fluff master and i don't know much about orks but i liked reading that. Only problem you have a couple grammatical errors in the beginning but everything else was fine.
Heh. There were some spelling errors aswell, but they just get tiresome to correct after a while. ("huimans" for example.) Plus, when I go back through my old posts, I find them littered with spelling errors aswell, so I find it harder to be unrelenting about it.

(Note, if you haven't figured it out by now, "aswell" is my personal quirk, and not a repeated spelling error.)

Reactions: maverik2988
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.