Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the 2250 army i have been toying with in the last few weeks and i think this is the buildi have finalized into. the last couple weeks i was playing this build with a unit of ushabti and i have found thier movement to be too slow to jump in the flanks of enemies trying to shut down my range and machines.

Characters:
420<>Khalida
188<>Tomb Prince
Chariot
Golden Eye of Rahnutt
Brooch of the Desert
Flail, LA, shield
165<>Liche Priest (heiro)
Dispell Scroll
Cloak of the Dunes
330<>Liche Priest
Casket of Souls
Dispel Scroll
Collar of Shapesh
Core:
126<>Chariotsx3
Asp
210<>Skeleton Warriors x20
Asp + sb
210<>Skeleton Warriors x20
Asp + sb

Special:
301<>Tomb Guard x21
Champion
Standard Bearer
BotUL
085<>Tomb Scorpion
085<>Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
110<> Screaming Skull Catapult

I have been setting this up as a forced flank with no hill.
ssc and casket towards the corners of the map, or on a hill if possible.
i like my preist casting smite on the Scatapult. Khalida and hiero in the TG in between two sets of archers for varied shooting magic phase. chariots on far side from casket to flank and then cause pursuits into other units of enemy charging in. thus far it has done well. kills a massive chunk of army before it even gets into melee times and then khalida, tg, and chariots shine. not to mention whatever happens to be in the radar of my scorpions and swarm. IF i even bury them. if i see a lot of flyers on enemy ranks i may just leave the scorps n swarm unburied to protect the cat and casket from engagement.

Cut the swarm for now, changed out magic items for anti magic items and something still to protect the casket sort of. combined 2 tenpacks of bows to make one 20wide shooting gallery for khalida. i think i might be playing either bret, LM, or Helfs tonight so it could be interesting.

laters for now!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I tend to find that Ushabti are bets getting stuck straight in, rather than looking for flanks. Chariots have the speed to flank, Ushabti the Strength to go head on when charging (with extra attacks due to magic). Just my thoughts.

Aside from your TG, the army is pretty much made up of lots of small units, which will either be very good or very bad. Good if you can do enough damage (and totally wipe some enemy units) at range, which by the sounds of it you're doing fine, so thats good.

But if another MSU army ever gets close then its game over lol.

Maybe try joining a few of the skellie units into larger units (i swear by units of 20 bowmen with music). Then again, if the list works, it works :)

ToP is a waste of time, for such a poor save. Especially on a Hiero. If hes getting hit, he is as good as dead. Drop it and maybe try and squeeze in the H.Jar.
Try and get a Standard + BotUL for the Prince's Chariot unit. Also give the Prince a Flail or Spear over his GW.
GA on the Casket Priest, some people like it (keep it if you do) bu i just see it as adding excess to requirement to an already expensive model.

Try and get Music (and maybe Warbaner or BotUL) onto the TG.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the list is pretty low tek and mass en field. I may make 2 of the units of ten into a unit of 20, i usually run the skellies 10 wide for max shooting, so a 20 wide shouldnt be a big problem when khalida smacks it with smiting. I'm tinkering it slowly when it comes to banners and command models. the list is pretty tight wound, but a few alterations in magic items could change that. yeah the ahnkra is really something i placed on it versus a specific high elf who likes to plug it with ballistas but eh. it can do without. ill make some modifications and play tonight with it(we usually game thu and sat) and i will try a couple of your suggestions. but i think for now the ushabti aint gonna make it back in.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Cut the swarm for now, changed out magic items for anti magic items and something still to protect the casket sort of. combined 2 tenpacks of bows to make one 20wide shooting gallery for khalida. i think i might be playing either bret, LM, or Helfs tonight so it could be interesting.

laters for now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts