Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
BA used to be the most commonly played, but nowadays BT's and SW's both seem to be pretty strong. Even Ultramarines are making a pretty big debut as a playable army(because they are a pretty nice army nowadays). Maybe you should make a poll about it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hmm

No, its definately between BT's and the crummy,and un cool ultramarines

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
CaptShrike said:
No, its definately between BT's and the crummy,and un cool ultramarines
How old are you...? Why exactly are Ultramarines crummy and uncool...?

·
992 Posts
I like ultramarines

The most common chapter in my area are blood angels. I don't know anyone who has Space Wolves. Ultramarines are pretty common too.
I play Ultramarines and I like them so much because of their fluff. I LOVE the idea that these guys are stern and rigid and they stick to their rules. I LOVE the idea that they see themselves and their mission as being very idealistic. These guys take themselves very seriously and I like that.
Just like when I play D&D I LOVE paladins! People say they are boring and you can't steal or cheat or lie so they are no fun. I play fantasy games (and 40K) with the intention that I am going to be the hero. I want to be the good guy that people can count on to be honorable. 'I don't care how much the job pays, I'll go save them!'
I actually considered playing Chaos Space Marines. I read the codex, and read the fluff. I hate their nasty look, and I could not stand the idea of playing an army of evil. I can't see me playing orcs either. The models are so ugly and they are too evil for my taste.

Another reason I like Space Marines is because I spent 6 years in the US Marines. I am a Marine! As the saying goes: "Once a Marine, always a Marine."

So that is my 2 cents worth! I like Ultramarines!
"For the Emperor!!"

·
1,485 Posts
Fortunately where I play (our close nit gaming group) there is a healthy mix of opponets. Nids Chaos orks Eldar sometimes crons. However when me (sm) my brother (iron warriors) and my coursins (eldar and nids) went to the gw in chicago about 1.5 hours away we found that everyone there except for one person and us had some sort of power armoured troops the most common were DIY chapters.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It differs from area to area....but blood angels are the most common in my area.

I respect Ultramarines as they still have the same stats as standard ones and they look extremly kewl if converted and painted nicely.

·
Registered
210 Posts
my vote's on blood angels. most ppl prob. wouldn't be able to pass up death company in general, and over here they outnumber player playability

·
Registered
180 Posts
I personally see Ultramarines - and that is about it...
My main Space Marine opponents consist of 3 Ultramarines players, and while others have dabbled in say, Blood Angels or Space Wolves for 40K in 40 minutes size forces, there is nothing else. During my infrequent visits to Games Workshop I have seen:

1 Flesh Tearers Army (nice to see one, but unfortunately the player seemed to care too much about the rules and less about background, modelling and painting).
1 Space Wolves Army (damn nice painting - although I happen to know the guy and that his Mum did it :lol: ).

And countless more Ultramarines...

I think the sheer amount of Ultramarines in my area is a result of a lot of new gamers who simply see the painting instructions on the box and having little creativity simply attempt to immitate the 'Eavy Metal team (I bad idea in my mind).

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think creating your own chapter is the best

but the worst i have seen is my friends its every type of space marine has different trimmings and is very badly painted

like space marines with bolters have blue trimmings
flamers have red trimmings
plasma have green trimmings
etc

i dont think its right because if he starts to make more complex characters and vetinarians whats he gonna paint them but he has only like 6 men now and it takes him 6 minutes to paint a man

do you think this is right

·
Registered
180 Posts
death-raven said:
Well, in White Dwarf I have seen a Chaos army assembled from traitors from various legions (which is a very nice idea fluffwise). However if he is just doing it for colour coding then the amount of colour clashes is going to be awful and somewhere down the line he will either have to kick himself everytime he brings them out or repaint them.

·
Lord of the Household
1,971 Posts
death-raven said:
..i dont think its right because if he starts to make more complex characters and vetinarians whats he gonna paint them but he has only like 6 men now and it takes him 6 minutes to paint a man

Vetinarians? Animal doctors? :huh:

Hehe...

Well, all in all I think it's important to go with what you think is coolest. I have my own Chapter and an Imperial Fists army. For now the Imperial Fists have the priority.

I think Ultramarines and Black Templars are probably the most common Chapters among new players as they are marketed most by GW.

·
Registered
707 Posts
death-raven said:
i think creating your own chapter is the best

but the worst i have seen is my friends its every type of space marine has different trimmings and is very badly painted

like space marines with bolters have blue trimmings
flamers have red trimmings
plasma have green trimmings
etc

i dont think its right because if he starts to make more complex characters and vetinarians whats he gonna paint them but he has only like 6 men now and it takes him 6 minutes to paint a man

It is most certainly not right, in fact it's against the rules. Tell your friend to look in WD294 for the ruling.

Honest.
Really.
I am -not- lying to you.
I don't know what would give you such an idea.

Seriously, it's his army, if he wants to paint it neon green with yellow and pink highlights... it's his decision. It may look like crap, but if that's what he wants to play with then it's your problem but his choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.