Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think that whenever the IG codex is revised that there are few straightforward additions.

1. Add the autocannon as an option for chimeras- they already have them on forgeworld.
2. Make the demo charge more widely available.
3. Add in some sort of tank to make up for all those we lost in the current codex. (adding an autocannon to the chimeras would help, effectively making the chimera a light to medium tank)
4. Add a tank hunters doctrine.
5. Make medics more useful/more available.

I think these things would make the IG more versatile and fun, but wouldn't make them too mean either.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Medic!!!!

I would love to see squad medics...for the line boys, not just the commanders. Oh, and since this is whats on everyones mind---a fast attack choice thats FAST! Dune Buggy/jeep thing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I also would love to see squad medics.:yes Demo Charges also need to be more avalible. They might do something with the vox, you know, so you can call in an air strike or something...:shifty: More doctrines maybe....
That's all good stuff I'd love to see...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would love to see the medic as a squad upgrade, everyone at my club fears my current medic after he took out a SW battle leader in CC by himself!!

·
646 Posts
Squad medics would be nice - but to be worth the points I think the veteran pre-requesite should be ditched. Just upgrade basic guardsmen. It would be a nice fluffy ability though.

I also agree about demo charges. Perhaps added as a SW, but it would probibly be better just making them available as wargear.

I would like to see a different set of turrets made available to the Leman Russ, the re-introduction of the Exterminator into the codex would be welcomed by me, and I wouldn't mind seeing a twin-linked Lascannon turret (might be a bit beardy with the Hull weapon though).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Heavy stubbers as special weapons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I second the idea of a fast attack vehicle that's actually FAST!

I would also say that squads with a vox could assist with artillery... for example, a Basilisk firing indirectly at a target unit that a squad with a vox (which is not in CC) has LOS to, fires as a standard ordinance weapon, rather than barrage.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Basilisk:
I would love to see an anti tank round for the basilisk (ie: does not use a template)

Chimera:
more turret uptions for the chimera, and the option to cut out the 6 lasguns on the back and replace them with weapon ports (eg all troops inside can fire all their weapons out but the vehicle always remains open topped for the purposes of resovling shooting attacks)

Ogryn:
More weapon options for ogryn (perhaps havy stubber?)

War Gear:
Add some more war gear (like the sniper rifle etc...) to the optional wargear.

special Weapon squads:
make it so that all 6 guardsmen in the special weapons squad can be equiped with special weapons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
how about for some points an forward artillery :ninja: observer? bonus on hitting?

Autos on the chimera!! lov'in it!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Korim Trucebane said:
I would love to see an anti tank round for the basilisk (ie: does not use a template)

also, either add the sniper rifle to the optional wargear or make is to that all 6 guardsmen in the special weapons squad can be equiped with them.
I dunno, I think bassy's already a tank eating machine. (Rolling on the ordinance penetrating table+that strength is awesome!)

and they have a sniper rifle squad, they're called ratlings, if you'd rather use a different model, then just use Catachan snipers instead of the ratlings, that's what I do.

autos on a chimera would be awesome, as would the ability to put a medic in every squad, but that might get kinda cheesy (imagine guardsmen shrugging off hits!) unless it was pretty pricy.

I do agree about demo charges, they're such a sweet weapon, but they're so limited...

and imho guard don't really need a new fast attack, the guard aren't a speedy army, I think it really says something about an army when their fast attack choice is a tank... If somebody told you the guard were light on their feet, you were horribly misinformed

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Although it's a bit farther out and unlikely, I could see some sort of smaller artillery- like ork kannons. I think that would be awesome. I also really really miss the exterminator- it was so awesome.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here are some changes that could be ok and make IG even more competitive, yet not overly so like some of our imperial cousins:

Hellguns should have their stats changed so that stomtroopers can be better used as a mobile and shooty force. Possibly Assault 2 18", or Assault 1 24". Leave strength and AP unchanged. This way you could try and actually make stormtroopers a unit to be feared, rather than simply a slightly better yet more expensive line squad. Not that Im saying stormies are bad.. just that they really should be better.

Another change.. track guards on vehicles automatically downgrading immobilised to crew stunned, rather than on a 4+ roll. That might actually make them a worthwhile upgrade.

Stormtroopers being able to take close order drill.... for all intents and purposes they ARE another infantry unit, just a better trained one. You would think they could perform this maneuver with ease.

Grenade launchers costed at 6pts, Flamers costed at 5pts.

Veterans having the option to take hellguns at +1pt per model.

A return of the AC list tanks as codex/tournament legal options. (Not to mention GW making plastuc kits!)

Well, thats me for ideas. I would mostly want that hellgun change to an assault weapon over 12" range.. any thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
in order of preference:
1, sniper rifles and hvy stubbers as sp weapons in inf sqds.

2,as has already been suggested : jeep type fast attack, av10 with hvy bolter, 'fast' for 40pts

3,option to take a lone sniper with infiltrate for 20pts or so

4, master vox can call in an air strike on a reserve roll (one use) with a coulpe of different types such as naplam (use a flammer template) or bunker buster (str8 2d6 ap small template) all scatering 2d6" like an indirect ordanance shot.

5, all vox carrying units able to 'direct fire' for indirect fire weapons if they do nothing else that turn(no moving, shooting, assaulting)

6,ala the city fight rules you should be able to split your sqds of infantry in to two sqds of five with the five with out the sgt being at -1 to the profile ld.

7, give the guard the option of purchasing defense's such as 'foxholes ' or 'slit trenches'(giving a cover save of 5+/4+)in all standard games(like the stakes bretonnian archers get WFB) as they are the most defensive army in the game i think the should be given the option of bring along some holes to hide in!

opinions?

·
Registered
827 Posts
606lyonian said:
in order of preference:
1, sniper rifles and hvy stubbers as sp weapons in inf sqds.

2,as has already been suggested : jeep type fast attack, av10 with hvy bolter, 'fast' for 40pts

3,option to take a lone sniper with infiltrate for 20pts or so

4, master vox can call in an air strike on a reserve roll (one use) with a coulpe of different types such as naplam (use a flammer template) or bunker buster (str8 2d6 ap small template) all scatering 2d6" like an indirect ordanance shot.

5, all vox carrying units able to 'direct fire' for indirect fire weapons if they do nothing else that turn(no moving, shooting, assaulting)

6,ala the city fight rules you should be able to split your sqds of infantry in to two sqds of five with the five with out the sgt being at -1 to the profile ld.

7, give the guard the option of purchasing defense's such as 'foxholes ' or 'slit trenches'(giving a cover save of 5+/4+)in all standard games(like the stakes bretonnian archers get WFB) as they are the most defensive army in the game i think the should be given the option of bring along some holes to hide in!

opinions?

They all sound good but although we would like a jeep type vehicle, would you really think they would put it in if they haven't for the last few editions....We can only hope, co it would be so cool:w00t:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmm I think I'm going to have to disagree strongly on the easier access to demo charges, they're too good to be able to take en mass, so if GW where to make them accessable to more squads they'd be forced to at least double the cost to keep things in balance.
I'm perfecty happy keeping them in specal weapons teams.

Heavy stubbers should be a specal weapon choice, Lost and the damned traitors have them as such, they're usefull without being overpowering. Pluss they're fluffy and give the guard a gun they can call their own.

On the hellgun issue, I agree something needs to be done, they just are not good enought to warrent the extra cost of stormtroopers. My thougths though are to change it's stats to str4 ap6 rapid fire. Still putting it between a bolter and a lasgun in power, but giving it a bit more kick than before. (in most cases, the exception being av5 opponents)

Oh and Servitors need to be retinue, not wargear!!! Then say that he can take only X many of each type, (like 4) and perhaps limit his total number (8-9 would be good), then one of the coolest models in the game might actually get used. (poor Techpriest), I have no probelms with the only 1 plasma cannon rule though. . .

The jeep would be cool, but I doubt it will ever happen. :( GW will probably just say that we have sentinles.

·
Registered
461 Posts
From my limited knowledge of the IG, I think that a medium weight tank would be nice. We have the chimera for the light weight stuff, and then it goes all the way up to the leman russ. I would like to see the Forgeworld salamander tank upgraded, so that it was not open topped, and was a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could consider our Hellhounds to be medium tanks. A predator-type tank wouldn't be that popular in our lists, we'd still spend our points en HS-slots on the full blown Leman Russ.
A jeep with Heavy Stubber would be very fluffy, but I think it would be unreasonably fast for the Guard :D

I am, however, in favour of a new sort of unit with the artillery rules. Something like the ork lobba's or Zapp guns, like mentioned earlier. Field Guns would suite us...

·
Registered
552 Posts
I agree with Jormagi.

While demo charges are sweet, they're potentially game-breaking if more widely available. This would be good for Guard, but bad for the game. Think about how bad IG would rip horde armies if every counterassault unit on the table had a demo charge. Two is plenty.

The only things I'd really like to see are better fast attack choices and possibly artillery support heavy choices, like the DH list has.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Take the jeep idea, make it normal speed, light armor and a command squad carrier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts