• Dwarfs

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • High Elves

Votes: 15 6.9%
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Daemons make no sense to me as a standalone army. It's like eating nothing but triple fudge cake. They'd be great for WoC and other chaotic armies to use as the "it's on now!" element as previously. But when you start out with a bunch of daemons, it feels like they're all cheapened. Now they're on the same level as Empire spearmen.
Exactly. Should never have become a separate army. All my army fluff is the Nurgle warriors / chosen are seeking 'plague bearer' daemon-hood, but if they went toe to toe with one they'd probably give 'em a thrashing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
True, Backdraft. Forgot Wood Elves. But then, so does everyone. :p

Honestly, I think they're the ones that are least unappealing to me. Or more clearly the most appealing to me. Ugh. Werdz iz hard. Not planning to start buying any, but the leaves and branches and seasonal paint schemes look fun.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
I love daemons! The beast of nurgle isn't ugly, it's actually pretty awesome in my opinion. I would say O&G because they're all so similar. I mean, some orcs, some goblins, some orcs on boars, some goblins on boars, some goblins with some fancy weapons, and some orcs with great weapons. Doesn't that sound pretty boring?

Isn't this the same with every army though? An Ogre holding a Great Weapon, an Ogre without a Great weapon, an Ogre holding a Gun. An Elf with a Spear, and Elf with a bow, and elf with a halberd. A human in armour, a human out of armour, a human on a horse........... and so on. Any army can and probably is boring to paint once you have lots of repetitive models in there. This is why you chuck in the odd conversion and diorama. Personally, I love Orcs and Goblins because you can do some much converting and silliness. Also, painting Orcs and painting Goblins is completely different :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
I chose Ogres perhaps due to a little jealousy as my skaven seem to find it difficult to hit those fat targets and because i have a slight hatred for monsters unless they are built using the tried and true amazing sciences of the skaven race.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Right now I'd vote for Daemons.

The aptly coined 'Reign of Comedy' table is just painful to deal with, especially if you've forgotten the FAQ meaning that it only ever stops nuking you on a 10+!

Tzeentch is even more depressing... They can't even do a decent job of controlling the one phase of the game they should dominate, and the only real damage output you're likely to see is through 6-dicing Firestorm or Gateway.
The only other things they have to stand on are the Wand of Whimsy, Screamers & the Burning Chariot... The rest of it is either over-priced, or is outright unplayable! (*cough*flamers*cough*)

It's just a sad, sad time to be a Tzeentch Daemon player right now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Despite being somewhat new to fantasy, I voted daemons with ogres somewhat close behind. I love the whole history around the 4 chaos gods but I see daemons as an auxiliary unit (like Empire units and detachments). If daemons were an extension to Warriors, they would be higher on my list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I voted daemons because it is not my thing. Most armies have stuff i like. My drawback is not with whole armies, just with certain models. The HPA is truly an abomination and should never have seen the day of light.... a lot of models are just silly(like the new helmets on the executioners) and the i just dont like witchelves, im thinking of starting a dark elf army but i would never ever buy one witch elf or bloodwrack shrine. Every army has its awesome models and it's modeller's brainfarts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to say I'm sensing a definite "You either Love it or Hate it" for Daemons and I feel the exact same way.

I have been quite inactive game wise in Fantasy but I always stayed engrossed in the fluff.

I'd very gladly collect every army in WFB, while some I'm a bit more neutral about. WoC are also somehow quite unappealing, Outside of the SLaughterbrute and how Cool they looked in that 2005 PC game intro/trailer they are just boring and unappealing. Wood Elves are meh because of the old glade riders/wardancers. Brets need some new more awesome models maybe monsters but I'd still gladly collect both of those. I've seriously considered collecting them all at some point.

EXCEPT I think even if you'd give or pay me to field a superbly painted Daemon Army I would just have no interest in using them/looking at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Even though I was a history major in college, I would have to say that the least appealing army to me is the Bretonnians. I can still appreciate the horsemen, longbowmen, etc., but they are never an army that I see myself playing. I like armies that aren't made up of typical humans and have monstes/etc., plus it seems like GW really has not given the Bretonnians any TLC lately, though I have heard rumors that they may be a big part of the 9th edition which I think would be great.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts