Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nurgulators are not doing well in the 500pt league they are in. Played 2, drawn 1 and lost 1 and I am in need of assistance. Saying that, I beat Dark Elves 3 times out of 3 with the same list. Neal, the tourny organiser, keeps on saying that I need more bodies on the pitch, because this is all I've got:

Daemon Prince, wings, MoN, Nurgles Rot (used this against Guard)
6 PMs, 2xPlasmas
6 PMs. 2xPlasmas

Is this ok? I was going to be a c*nt and include a Greater Daemon, because I'm desperate for some victories. It's a tournament so I doubt cheese is extremely objectionable.

DP, wings and warptime
GD
5 PMs
5 PMs including champ (to summon the Daemon)

Anyway, can someone help me make a nasty 500 point list? I have to have 1 HQ and 2 Troop choices so I'm kind of stuck. Neal suggested basic CSMs but I own PMs and want to use them, but I can accept the use of CSMs for now. I can use Noise Marines too if they will be useful. I'll accept dirty tricks and intimidation tactics, whatever it takes.

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
The problem with including the GD and one champion to summon it is that if they kill that single champion (Via vindicare assassin, or killing the squad) then the daemon is wasted.
Chaos quite often struggles at this points level, and cult maries especially.

First of all, I would drop the daemon prince for a sorceror with doombolt, just to get a cheap but effective HQ, if not drop him to only having wings, dropping his points to 130.

It would be much easier if you wished to use just basic chaos marines, and if winning is your main priority (Over using what choices you enjoy using) then I would say swap to them.
If your willing to use basic CSM try something like this:

HQ:
Sorceror,
Doombolt.

110 points.

Troops:
6 CSM
1 Plasma Gun

105 Points

6 CSM
1 Plasma Gun

105 Points

6 CSM
1 Plasma Gun

105 Points

Heavy Support:
1 Obliterator

75 Points

500 total

This is definately more of a shooty list, so get those CSM in cover and start firing away at the enemy, the sorceror is the cheapest effective HQ I could make from what we have.
The obliterator can be multi purpose, which is great in this points level, it allows you to deal with any armour that you may run into, and also decimate massed infantry at a range. do NOT deep strike him, as you want it shooting from turn one. Plus with its 2+ armour save it will be staying around for a long while.

If your heart is absolutely set on taking plague marines as your troop choices, then try this:

HQ:
Sorceror,
Doombolt,
Personal Icon.
115 Points

6 Plague Marines
Plasma Gun
153 Points

6 Plague Marines
Plasma Gun
153 Points

Obliterator
75 Points

Total 496 Points

This list is basically the same, but swapping out the three squads of marines for two squads of Plague Marines. The Sorceror also now has a personal icon incase you decide you want to deep strike the obliterator near him, so you don't have it scattering into enemies.

Hope these helped, and if anyone thinks these lists need revising then please tell me, I am just getting back into chaos after half a years hiatus so I need to know if I am still on track on what is good and what is not good to use in a chaos army. Thank you in advance.

~Rip~

Reactions: Rabbit

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Your model count is too low.

Id use normal chaos marines instead of plague marines, save those for higher points games. Again, the Daemon prince costs alot, Id use him with just wings and no mark or not at all, trade him in for a flying lord with DW and no mark. For your troops id use small squads of chaos marines, one with plasma and the other with melta, give the melta team a champion with fist if you can afford it.

For tactics, march the marines forwards and hide the lord behind, when the enemy get close charge the lord over the top and unleash the pain with the other units.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts