Librarium Online Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
1,206 Posts
Sorry idf this is too many pictures

I tend to play in the hall of the school I work at, lots of tables to make up any size and a cupboard full of material to suppliment my mat if needed.

These is ones are set up with 7'x5' table with a 6'x4' mat on. (not my armies though)

This one is a 6" x 12' set up, with my mates 5'x3' gaming table sat on top one one side and some hastily made ramps making his frame look a bit like city walls.

This is a lot of the same scenery on a grey sheet, (6'x4')

These are two picture of two 6'x4' tables we'd pushed together to make a 6'x8' table (we reasoned the grey half would represent a city and the battle mat the fields around it). Its covered with all our scenery combined (but not the bloke with the cool city board)

·
2,076 Posts
Bit blurry, but you can kind of make out the size and some of the terrain

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are talking about my table, its really easy.
I had 2 pieces of white styrofoam (found... so free)
White glue (1$)
Flock (already had it cause I use it for my models... so free)
Black spray paint (7$, bought the cheap stuff from an arts n crafts store)
And a tube of brown, yellow and white paint (1$ each)
oh and a brush (4$)

I mixed the glue with water until it was about skim milk, and used a squirt bottle, put it all over the board.
Then put some flock and sand down, making it thin in places and really thick in others.
Letting it sit for 1/2 hour (not fully drying), I took it outside and sprayed it black. What happened was the spray paint at the styrofoam where ever the glue didn't fully cover or dry. This gave it a cool texture (and even lead to holes in places which I'll soon fill with like toxic goo of some sorts).
After letting it fully dry (the spray paint hurried that), I did a thick drybrush of brown, a thinner one of yellow over top. And lastly a light drybrush of white to finish it.
I also made a path with just thicker applications of flock and more white paint.

Hope that helps.
I'd seriously consider paying you to make a replica of your board for me. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now that depends on which one.
I have the bog standard citadel realms of battle board.

Then i have my malifaux board. Which was made with 'print at home pdf's' from world works games

And then theres this one thats pretty much being restored and a work in progress as i got it completely free from an exiting wargamer.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Wow - what great boards!!! Some of the 40k buildings in these really make me envious!

Here are some pics of the new board I made a few months ago. It is 2x2 modular pieces that can be rearranged in about 6-8 different layouts:

Green Grass Toy Urban design Event Grass Urban design Flooring Grassland Landscape Plant Green Land lot Urban design Road surface

And here is the castle I just finished which is now the happy board centerpiece:

Sky Building World Brick Brickwork Building Landmark Brick Facade Grass

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
More and more, my group is starting to game at at home than over at the LGS (usually due to playing late afterhours). Currently, we just use gaming mats as house may vary depending on who's available (ease of transport), with available terrain depending on who shows up with what.

A set-up for 40k.
Toy Combat vehicle Self-propelled artillery Motor vehicle Urban design

For Flames of War.
Plant Green Land lot Grass Tree

For Infinity. (still waiting on my asphalt zuzzymat)
Building Green Wood Urban design Grass

Again, for Infinity ...but incorporating our generic trees and hills, as well as the FoW roads and bocage as a path and hedgerow.
Building Urban design House Grass Landscape

As can be seen, while we lack a 'proper' gaming table, we have a ton of terrain to dress it up proper-like however we need.

Reactions: MDSW

·
Registered
14 Posts

Totally not showing off but this is where I play :D
I don't even drink and this makes me want to smash beers...

My table is currentl MDF boards on a dining room table that never gets played due to me starting out, but I have plans for about 12 modular pieces with interchangeable terrains etc that only get usd 6 at a time with different themes (one snow prob for 40k, one grass or dirt for fantasy) super keen :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
The only thing I knew when I set out was that I wanted a winter themed board with a broken up thawing iceflow style river. Everything is modular allowing for the board to change landscapes every time. I have most of my terrain on display here including the River monster which has special rules. (if you fail a dangerous terrain test you re-roll again and if you roll another 1 you summon the beast which is treated as a trygon that then roams the river as per the old 5th ed rage rules). I've included what some of the kits are that I built the board from if anyone is interested to know more just ask.

This is the board on which this campaign is being played.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-battle-reports/230706-battle-arctarnis-iv.html

broken courtyard

Administratum building (inside)

Administratum sand bags and bridge (built from Pegasus Technobridge)

Church

The inside plastered with propaganda posters

Church upper levels and remains of the bell tower

Rusted Land Raider

River from the other side

Shrine of Aquilla

Inside of the factory

Factory doors

Frozen waterfall (Icetooth falls)

The river monster (repainted purple worm from D&D miniatures)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts