Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only REAL winner of the Eye of Terror was the Necrons, or more precisely the Deceiver. Think about it. in the Codex, it says that recently the Deceiver provoked a massive war that ravaged the entire Gothic sector, just to destroy the Talismen of Vaul, talismen forged by the Eldar to defeat the the C'tan. Eye of Terror was in the Gothic Sector- and there was a GW-designed mission entitled "Talismans of Vaul." Everyone else just fought and died- but the Deceiver achieved his objective. Now the war makes more sense...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Actually Id say tau won too! They didn't lose anything and gained two new worlds for their expansion! But your right, I didn't notice that lil bit of fluff... quite intresting. The more and more I hear about this lil things with the crons, the more I thinks the next 40k campaign will have a lot more cron involvment (doubt it will be centered around them though)

·
Registered
735 Posts
The only true winner was the Orks, we gained another Death Skulz forge world or two...WAAAGH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The necrons haven't won anything...
The Tau expanded their territory...
The necrons won't have any chance against chaos anyway... they can't win over the warp fueled armies... and the necrons will eventually fall too... AND CHAOS WILL PREVAIL!!!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I'd say the orks were the real winners... They gained foothold over a few Forge Worlds and did very well in the Green Krusade..

The Tau did very well too... Gaining two new worlds from the Imperium...

The real losers were the Imperium... unfortunately... :(

The Necrons didn't gain anything...

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Yeah... They should make some new rules and units based on this campaign (mind you they probably will)...

It could be wicked with some kind of new mechanised ork army (no not speed freaks.. something better, something with tanks and battlewagons). I mean they have taken some Imperial Forge Worlds... These planets are a Mekboy's paradise... :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stop saying we didn't win anything! We blew up the Talismans of Vaul, the only things that can stop our C'tan masters! I mean... uh... they didn't win anything. They. Is what I mean. I mean, are what I mean. Uh... not a Necron.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Originally posted by K-Tana@Sep 11 2003, 16:40
Actually, the only winner of EOT, is GW :D
:D LOL

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
i didnt have a chance to gripe about this before but i was at dragons den from the moment it opened for like 6 hours and gw didnt show up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where has it ever been said the necrons blew up the Tallismans of Vaul? In fact they got their asses soundly kicked by the Eldar.

The war that fluff relates to isn't the 13th crusade, its the GOTHIC WAR. If you remember battlefleet gothic, featuring the Talismins of Vaul, aka the blackstone fortresses. The Talismins were used extensivly there. And not blown up. The EoT isnt in the gothic sector, its in the segmentum orbscurus.

And the deciever isn't a C'Tan, it's really the Eldar Laughing god having a giggle ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
So you are saying the Necrons didnt win because they didnt gain anything? Well it wasnt their objective to claim territory like the forces of Chaos and Tau, their objectives are not the same as other armies.

I quote the Necron Codex:

The C'Tan are energy vampires who savour the unique essence of sentient creatures. As such they do not regard their attacks on the Imperium as warfare but as a harvest of lesser beings. Their approach is therefor idiosyncratic and may, for example, be more concerned with causing terror than defeating armies.

It wasnt their objectives to claim territory or 'win' anything. They won the EOT because they accomplished what they wanted to accomplish, not what you all class as victory.

Where has it ever been said the necrons blew up the Tallismans of Vaul?
I now quote Page 31 of the Necron Codex:

It [Deciever] has even succeeded in locating the potent Talismen of Vaul, great weapons forged by the Eldar before the Fall to destroy the C'Tan if they rose again. Through subtle machinations, the Deciever has destroyed most of these awesome devices and placed the remainder beyond the reach of Farseers for all time.

In fact they got their asses soundly kicked by the Eldar.
It would take me too long to type out a decent quote to respond to this, but suffice it to say, the Necrons and the C'Tan actually won the war at the beginning of time, and defeated the Old Ones (Which as a matter of point were NOT the Eldar). To date, I can recall no major conflict between the Eldar and the Necrons which resulted in a decise Eldar victory, thus your statement that they got their asses kicked by the Eldar is null and void unless you care to point out exactly what you are reffering to.

And the deciever isn't a C'Tan, it's really the Eldar Laughing god having a giggle
Actually, when you think about it, seeing as the C'Tan are the oldest lifeforms in the universe, (And thus older than the Eldar Gods) that would mean that the Laughing god is actually the Deciever, not the other way around :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
yes the necrons did good they distroyed one of the only two wepons that can kill a c'tan. so i think that now that theres only one wepon that can stop the c'tan and with them the necrons i would consider that good.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that while the Blackstone Fortresses are really strong, only the Eldar can use them properly as C'tan smackers- they built them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:eek: i hate to admit this but it looks like oh wait some one said terniads yeah wat have u been smoken. :lol: the true winner is the orks because they stole all u suckas vechiles . :0

p.s u probably think i play orks but no i play space wolves

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.