Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so here is my 2250pt Ogre list. My tribe is the Purple People Eaters. I plan on posting a WIP as soon as I get my camera to work. But, for now, here is my list.

What'cha think?

Lords
Tyrant
Siegebreaker
Greedy Fist or Gut Maw
Wyrdstone Necklace
Gnoblar Thiefstone
Heavy Armor
Sword Gnoblar
Sword Gnoblar
Luck Gnoblar
Brace of Handguns

Heroes
Butcher
Bangstick
Dispel Scroll

Butcher
Halfling Cookbook
Dispel Scroll

Hunter
Sabertusk
Sabertusk
Greyback Pelt
Beastkiller

Core
Bulls x3
Bellower

Bulls x3
Bellower

Ironguts x4

Ironguts x4

Gnoblar Trappers x9

Gnoblar Trappers x9

Gnoblar Fighters x20
Groinbiter

Special
Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Rare

Maneaters x4
Great Weapon
Great Weapon
Brace of Handguns
Heavy Armor
Canthayan Longsword

·
Registered
228 Posts
i would for sure switch out the hunter for a bruiser any day! also im not sure of your plan for the maneaters, their good either way but the brace of handguns is what i would give them all. also the tyrant could be better equiped, he has a high WS so he will hit on a 3 anyway, and the S 8 isnt really needed, just my 2 cents

·
878 Posts
looks good. From the looks of it pretty solid. For this list id get a bruiser with magic standard of maw to deflect your enemy spells onto gnoblers. I dont really like your setups and have a look at my wepon load outs on my WIP tactica in the bottom of my comment to get some nasty combos.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, for some reason, im really not a fan of the tenderizer.
It's 20pts more and in my opinion not as worth it

I have debated though not giving my tryant any magic weapon, just the brace of pistols, and just bulking up on the extra items and armor.

·
878 Posts
Well here are some of my favorite setups with there description strait from my tactica in my SIG

What ranks you say?

Longstride, Bullgut, Spangle shard, Ha, Ironfist(IF) or GW, guns, 2 swordgnoblers

This is in my opinion the best way to get rid of ranks on enemy units. With a movement of 7" and a small area, he can fit in to tight spots to deniy those pesky ranks.

U KIDDING RITE?

Mawseeker, Gut maw, Spangle shard, Skull plucker, HA, guns

Nothing will irritate anyone than a T6 KB God who regenerates to full health after he just munched on his Chaos Lord With KB. Now thats a 2 in 1 combo.

Brick wall

Mawseeker, Greedy fists, Wyrdnecklace, Grey back pelt, Ha, IF

This is the toughest setup that can be managed on a Tyrant. A T6 2+ armor save, 5++ save and best hit on is a 4+? Now this is what i call a beast.

Olympic terror bearer

Longstride, SPangleshard, Demon killer scars, guns, Ha, GW

Well having a movement of 7" causing terror is well terrifying XD>

Group therapy

Kineater, 3 Thief stones, Fistful of laurels, Ha,GW

This is our best unit supporter as he both helps magic get shut down and makes sure his ladz aint running anytime soon.

p0laks setup

Thundermace, Mawseeker, HA, Grey back pelt

All i can say its down rite heavy hiting.

·
391 Posts
Without a doubt i'd drop the hunter for a Bruiser BsB (although my personal preference for any ogre army is NEED MOAR BuTcHeR). That will also force you to drop a unit of trappers however. If you could figure out a way to fit some gorgers in that list i think you will be better off for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, here is my latest revision on my list.

Lords
Tyrant
Heavy Armor
Siegebreaker
Gut Maw
Wyrdstone Necklace
Luck Gnoblar
Brace of Handguns

Heroes
Butcher
Hellheart

Butcher
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Core
Bulls x3

Bulls x3

Bulls x3

Ironguts x3

Ironguts x3

Ironguts x3

Gnoblar Trappers x10
Snarefinger

Special
Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Leadbelchers x2

Rhinox Rider
Heavy Armor
Thunderlord
Bull Rhinox

Rare
Maneaters x3
Heavy Armor
Brace of Handguns
Brace of Handguns
Brace of Handguns

·
391 Posts
Tyrant looks a lot more focused now that you've trimmed him down. May want to think about the Tenderizer for him as his str is high enough without the additional one from the Siege, not to mention D3 wounds wins challenges flat.

More bulls than i would normally take but that comes down to personal preference.Also for the maneaters. Since they are your only Rare choice i Suggest breaking that up into 2 units. Gives you more targets and the ability to split fire.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Rhinox Rider counts as a special and a rare choice. Also, I will be changing my Tyrant to a Tenderiser, a Gut Maw, And a Wyrdstone Necklace. I will probably also be dropping a unit of bulls and adding in a bruiser with the Siegebreaker and a Greedy Fist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts