Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Store is having a 1250 team tournament on January 17th, buddy of mine and I figured we'd show up and have some fun (If I can make it back down to Cali anyway)

SPACE WOLVES (Zach):

HQ:

Rune Priest (Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf): CotS - 110

Rune Priest (Living Lightning, Tempest's Wrath): CotS - 110

Elite:

TLAC Dread - 125

TLAC Dread - 125 (Riflemen Dreads, I just like saying TEELAK better)

Troop:

5x GH: Meltagun, Rhino - 110

5x GH: Meltagun, Rhino - 110

Fast Attack:

Landspeeder: MM/HF

Heavy:

Vindy w/ Siege Shield

Vindy w/ Siege Shield

Dakkapred

------------------------------

IG LIST (Kevin):

CCS: 4x Meltaguns, Chimera w/Multilaser+Hull HF

Troop:

10x Veterans w/3 Meltaguns, Chimera w/Multilaser+Hull HF

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Demolisher: Hull Heavy Flamer

Leman Russ Demolisher: Hull Heavy Flamer

Colossus Siege Mortar

-------------------------------------------
Pros:

- 18 Hulls w/ armor values. You read that right. 18.
- A potential 43 S5 or higher shots a turn at 36 inches
- FOUR Demolisher cannons, one AP3 cover denying Pie Plate
- Exactly zero infantry models to shoot at or assault until some transports pop
- 9 Heavy Flamer Templates
- 16 models that can move 12 inches or more a turn
- 2 Runies for the latest in Seer Council Shutdown
- 21 Melta Weapons

Cons:

-Exactly zero assault power. The original version had some TWC that were going to hide behind the armored wall until something nasty needed to be removed, but we decided to go full on SAFH (Shoot Army From Hell) and see how that went. Hopefully the 5 pie plates and 9 heavy flamers will be enough to compensate.

-Comp. We won't be getting any.

-Point some more out to me?

Other Things to consider:

-The GH Bodyguards have meltaguns because it made the points work. If you'd rather they had flamers, let me know where I should spend the other 10 points.

-Murderous Hurricane? It could fit somewhere but we don't see a lot of horde lists IIRC, mostly mech MEQs. I've found Tempest's Wrath to be invaluable situationally.

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome, bad advice is not. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
you do know your RP are illegal, they need different wargear. If your not faicng any real competitive players, then tempest wrath will be quite good, sicne everyone loves to drop dreadnoughts and whatnot when they are having fun or your against kids.

Have you considered long fangs with this set up?
3x rocket launcher
2x lascannon.
Gives you better anti-tank and anti-mc, which increases your survivability over dreadnoughts and more firepower and you essential have a twin-linked lascannon. two shots instead of one is even better shoudl you get it!
All you need to do it ditch the dakka pred and the vindicators. but then you would lose anti-horde, but then your hiding behind a wall of chimeras. so it is worth it and also to back my adivce up. how do you think your going to place 4 chimeras or 5 depending on your opponent, two russes, two vindicators and a dakka pred onto the front line and expect to hit everything? you can't do it that well especially with terain in the way. This is talking from a 4x4 table by the way. even with a 6x4 table it would be hard, but if you have two 4x4 tables joined togehter then my comment is useless about space.

Also TWC cavalry will probably more practible especially when it is used for assualt sniping units and hides behind a fleet of chimeras, because the opponent would kill your speeders for easy kill points. IMO you have more than enough firepower. So TWC will give you that extra CC you need and to assualt snipe units in cover that are hard to budge when your colossus can't shoot them. Like scouts and eldar pathfinders for example.

Hope my advice is helpful!

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you do know your RP are illegal, they need different wargear. If your not faicng any real competitive players, then tempest wrath will be quite good, sicne everyone loves to drop dreadnoughts and whatnot when they are having fun or your against kids.
One of them exchanges for a bolter, that's fairly common. It's not in the list because this is just a quick rundown of what's in the list, not the full on Army Builder-type list. And also because it's fairly obvious.

As for Tempest's wrath, it causes misery against most armies fastmovers. I'm not going to get into it here because it's been discussed in other topics, but it's an extremely competitive power.

Have you considered long fangs with this set up?
3x rocket launcher
2x lascannon.
Gives you better anti-tank and anti-mc, which increases your survivability over dreadnoughts and more firepower and you essential have a twin-linked lascannon. two shots instead of one is even better shoudl you get it!
All you need to do it ditch the dakka pred and the vindicators. but then you would lose anti-horde, but then your hiding behind a wall of chimeras. so it is worth it and also to back my adivce up. how do you think your going to place 4 chimeras or 5 depending on your opponent, two russes, two vindicators and a dakka pred onto the front line and expect to hit everything? you can't do it that well especially with terain in the way. This is talking from a 4x4 table by the way. even with a 6x4 table it would be hard, but if you have two 4x4 tables joined togehter then my comment is useless about space.
I've been a common advocate of that setup, but you're forgetting my mantra about SW HS choices:

Mech: Dakkapreds
Nonmech: Long Fangs.

This is Mech.

I'm breaking my own rule because of the bizarre nature of team lists which causes different needs. In this case I need to discourage assault troops from getting within 24 inches of me. (Not normally the case for SW)

We play on 6x4 tables, and I'm not concerned for space at all. LOS can be an issue, but that will be decided situationally and things can be held in reserve (i.e speeders) should things become cramped. I'm not entirely sure why anyone would play 2500 points a side on a 4x4 table, that just sounds horrible.

Also TWC cavalry will probably more practible especially when it is used for assualt sniping units and hides behind a fleet of chimeras, because the opponent would kill your speeders for easy kill points. IMO you have more than enough firepower. So TWC will give you that extra CC you need and to assualt snipe units in cover that are hard to budge when your colossus can't shoot them. Like scouts and eldar pathfinders for example.

Hope my advice is helpful!

thanks
antique_nova
I agree with you partially, but came across two problems.

1: I give my opponent something to assault/shoot that doesn't have an army value, which takes some edge out of the list

2. 4 demolisher cannons plus TWC=Big nono.

The speeders will probably be held in reserve most games, coming in late game to challenge any heavy tanks that get close to me, BBQ stuff that isn't already dead, and speed forward to objective cap on turn 5.

What with the Colossus and the heavy flamers, I'm not concerned about scouts or pathfinders in the least.

Thanks for commenting, you brought up many things I've considered myself, and given you the reasoning why I went with what I did.

I should probably make some of the theory behind the list clearer, namely that oversaturation of enemy AT capabilities is the prevailing strategy built into this list. Anything that doesn't have an armor value is a "liability" so to speak.

Other perspectives still welcome!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
no problem. i am not familiar with your mantra about SW HS choices so forgive me. good luck with the tourney though!
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.