Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Daemonette
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an experiensed army who gave melo of victorys but i never have a red terror in my army ( My full army is about 5000points :)).So here is my question :Red terror is a cool model but it worthit? and how i can use this seprent bug succesfull? Oh by the way how i can kill the formidable Abbadon The Despoiler if it is HQ i mean with wat unit(s) , weapons.
Dont forget i play high points games mostly .
Tnx in advance. And hello from Greece :)

...Streams Of Ancient Wisdom...

·
Registered
515 Posts
i find the deep strike effect really usefull if someone has something like devastators or "havocs" is it?

especially if they're useing 4 rocket launchers with frag :/
if can engage and then its large ammount of attacks and Monsterous creature ignor armour saves means u wud anihalate them, and then u can move 9" into anyone else when done, shame u can only have 1 though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
my friend... :rolleyes: i think the Hive Tryant is your best chance agaisnt Abbadon The Despoiler. just give it wings and let lose. good hunten.....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
no way the red terror would just eat that pansy abaddon... get him to jump out right behind him and let the fun start. It works on Gazghull, trust me, ive seen it happen, we were playing a 10,000pt participation game at my local store, nids v black legion, the nids kicked ass after the black legion had their king eaten by a big bug

·
850 Posts
Also the Red Terror can't eat anything that has a toughness of 5 remember? Abaddon has a toughness of 5 or higher. So it is better to use a high powered Hive Tyrant to kill Abaddon.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There are more restrictions concerning what the red terror can eat than just the toughness.

A hive tyrant stands no chance against the nightbringer (in close combat). Three carnifices (with venom cannons and scything talons) have a very good chance though ;).

jwu

·
Registered
515 Posts
no way the red terror would just eat that pansy abaddon... get him to jump out right behind him and let the fun start. It works on Gazghull, trust me, ive seen it happen, we were playing a 10,000pt participation game at my local store, nids v black legion, the nids kicked ass after the black legion had their king eaten by a big bug
Whats a participation game?
And i dont see how in a game abbadon could have been eaten cus he's one mean badie.

There are more restrictions concerning what the red terror can eat than just the toughness.

A hive tyrant stands no chance against the nightbringer (in close combat). Three carnifices (with venom cannons and scything talons) have a very good chance though .
I kno that scything talons look nice, but i dont see why u are saying with scything talons wince they server no useful perpose with the connoans, unless u mean with CC included to gain extra attacks.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Three attacks are better than two, aren't they?

With some venom cannon shots three carnifices can seriously weaken the nightbringer:
6 shots per turn, 3 hits, 1.5 wounds, 1.25 unsaved

With three attacks each they have a good chance in close combat. Bioplasma would even improve this:
9 attacks, 4.5 hits, 3.75 wounds, 1.875 unsaved.
With bioplasma: 2.5 unsaved.
The nightbringer himself will have 5 attacks, 3.33 hits, 2.77 wounds.

jwu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.