Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This probably belongs in the fluff section but here goes.

I have just finished writing up my "Shadow Army" and would like opinions on it. I am not seeking advice for battlefield effectiveness, but things that would make it more like the actual Shadow Army fluff.

The Shadow Army: 2185

Alith Anar 245

Noble 153 (Tharion)
Shadow Armour
Guardian Phoenix
Longbow
Great Weapon

Noble 150 (Raven Herald)
Reaver Bow
Dragon Armour
Halberd
Elven Steed
Shield

Mage 175
Level 2
Annulian Crystal

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

10 Shadow Warriors 172 (Alith’s Bodyguard)
Walker

10 Shadow Warriors 172 (Tharion’s Bodyguard)
Walker

5 Shadow Warriors 92
Walker

5 Shadow Warriors 92
Walker

5 Shadow Warriors 92
Walker

5 Reavers 113 (Raven Heralds)
Command

Eagle 50

Eagle 50

RBT 100

RBT 100

Once again I would appreciate any replies.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ok a few things that came up im my mind: i won't say it's worng, i just don't get why you did it ;)

1 why a spear for your noble? a lance is better, or a GW even.
2 Why command in your archers? costs a lot of points and doesn't really do anything.
3 how are you going to hide all those scouts? or are you deploying some in the deployment zone?
4 what is the mounted noble going to do without dying right away?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't thinking with the command groups and the spear, list has been ammended.

As for your question on deployment, the games i play almost always include at least two medium to large forests. The 10 man units will definitley be able to scout, and as for the rest i'll find places for them or deploy them normally.

The Noble's job is to stay with the archers (or Shadow warriors if avaliable) and use the reaver bow. I gave him a horse for the added benifit of armour, and also because i can run him out of a unit and into a forest. Lone characters may seem foolish but i am fairly capable of making them effective.

Thank you for your reply and opinions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
aaah just finished reading the Shadow King by Gav Thorpe, big improvement on Malekith.

That aside you could always include Ellyrian Reavers modeled on any Raven Heralds that might have survived it'll give you a cavalry unit for your mounted noble. Although I read somewhere about someone using the Raven Heralds as mages.

Are RBTs a bit to bulky for fluff of the Aesanar? Although I'm sure the remaining populace of Nagarythe will maintain some.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Rave Heralds! *facepalm* I wish I had thought of that.

I was thinking about including some of Alith's 'friends' from Averlorn but there was no way I could field them.

I also forgot to mention the scouting Noble is meant to be Tharion.

The idea of the eagle claws was to be a light and easily deployed warmachine. My idea was that they would be carried unnassembled by their crews an set up quickly on the battlefield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like it, but i would have included a noble with the bow of the seafarer and fluffed him as a decendant of Alith Anar...

Other than that i like the idea...

·
Registered
148 Posts
ok, i can see a few errors with the fluffiness of this list, as i also have a badass list written for a campaign that MUST follow the fluff then i can point some stuff out.

1st, Elthyrior is a raven herald, they can be compared to the dark riders who are descendants of the Raven Heralds that joined the dark elves, as such they do not wear very heavy armour i think that dragon armour is not a very fluffy choice, also it is sourced from caledor. if it is for competitive resons then ok, i respect that

2nd, the annulian crystal is sourced from the north east part of Ulthuan, again, if it is for competitive reasons and magic defense, i respect that

3rd, i believe that Repeater Bolt Throwers can be taken, in one of the fluff pieces i have found the Shadow Warriors set up an ambush and then shoot the Cold one knights into the time of the next Phoenix King =), WIN!, i think you should keep them

4th, i find that units of 8 shadow warriors work better than units of 5, personal thought, you dont have to use it

oh and i wrote some rules up for the wolves but i think youll need permission from your opponent to use them
WS 3, BS -, S3, T3, W1, I4, A1, LD6... no special rules, they cost 7 points, thats just what my gaming group does,

just my 2c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts