Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not dead yet
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

In preparation for an upcomming project with the dwarven models I have in my possession I am going to post a list which I am hoping to complete in the new year, after Christmas. I have gone over dwarf lists on LO and several other thread pages and have put together this list which I believe best reflects the gamestyle which I adhere to.

So I thank all those in advance who take a look at the list and leave their comments or perhaps suggestions as I have never fielded a dwarven list (only WoC and Brets so far)

Runelord - Great Weapon ( 226 )
- MRoBalance
- RoSpellBreaking
- RoStone

19 - Hammerers + FC + MRoGrugni ( 308 )

Thane - BSB - MRoGromril ( 115 )

Runesmith - Great Weapon ( 129 )
- RoStone
- RoSpellbreaking (2)

28 - Warriors + FC + GW ( 305 )

30 - Warriors + FC + GW ( 325 )

24 - Quarrellers + FC + GW ( 337 )

Cannon + RoForging ( 125 )

Cannon + RoForging + RoBurning ( 130 )

If the math was correct then this list comes to 2000 bang on.

Again, if you see anything glaringly wrong with this list please let me know. The mechanics of the list is pretty simple, completely shut down all magic phases from turn 1 - 3 and hope to get into combat quickly with my three blocks while chewing on some hordes and heroes with the cannons and quarrellers.

I guess the main question is whether the two cannons are choice or should I drop one and take a look at the Grudge thrower? Remember I am a seasoned WoC player so missile weapons are a new concept.

Regards

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Hello all,

In preparation for an upcomming project with the dwarven models I have in my possession I am going to post a list which I am hoping to complete in the new year, after Christmas. I have gone over dwarf lists on LO and several other thread pages and have put together this list which I believe best reflects the gamestyle which I adhere to.

So I thank all those in advance who take a look at the list and leave their comments or perhaps suggestions as I have never fielded a dwarven list (only WoC and Brets so far)

Runelord - Great Weapon ( 226 )
- MRoBalance
- RoSpellBreaking
- RoStone

19 - Hammerers + FC + MRoGrugni ( 308 )

Thane - BSB - MRoGromril ( 115 )

Runesmith - Great Weapon ( 129 )
- RoStone
- RoSpellbreaking (2)

28 - Warriors + FC + GW ( 305 )

30 - Warriors + FC + GW ( 325 )

24 - Quarrellers + FC + GW ( 337 )

Cannon + RoForging ( 125 )

Cannon + RoForging + RoBurning ( 130 )

If the math was correct then this list comes to 2000 bang on.

Again, if you see anything glaringly wrong with this list please let me know. The mechanics of the list is pretty simple, completely shut down all magic phases from turn 1 - 3 and hope to get into combat quickly with my three blocks while chewing on some hordes and heroes with the cannons and quarrellers.

I guess the main question is whether the two cannons are choice or should I drop one and take a look at the Grudge thrower? Remember I am a seasoned WoC player so missile weapons are a new concept.

Regards
It's a decent start, your list looks pretty balanced but I'd look at changing a thing here and there.

I'd consider dropping the GW from your runesmiths/lords. Adding a shield makes them a little bit tougher, they're not combat characters and having only a couple of attacks each isn't that great or a big deal. You could even hide them in the second rank and use their abilities.

The BSB is a bit light. 1+ sv isn't that good any more when there are a lot of GWs around these days. He needs some more protection, either a ward, immunity to KB or add a bit more killing ability to him. I have seen some good options with the MRoMight and RoFlaming for those big gribblies or just go for protection. You need to consider these, I don't think a 1+ sv will cut it for your BSB.

Your hammerers are too small. They need to be a minimum of 25, 30-40 is better. Yes they're stubborn and T4 but only have a 5+ sv. They will die in droves to S4+ units.

The warrior units are nice, good sizes. Same with the quarrellers, looks great.

Now, your war machines are good, but you are going to struggle with big units. A cannon will only take so many out, I would swap one for a Grudge Thrower. It gets expensive, but chuck on 2x RoPenetraing and a RoAccuracy and you now have a S5 template weapon that you get to re-roll the scatter die. And it does D6 wounds at S9 under the hole, so works for monster hunting still.

Organ guns are always a nice choice. Auto hits vrs skirmishers or machine hunters, never a bad thing. ;)

Just some thoughts to consider.

Kuffy

·
Not dead yet
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kuffy said:
I'd consider dropping the GW from your runesmiths/lords. Adding a shield makes them a little bit tougher, they're not combat characters and having only a couple of attacks each isn't that great or a big deal. You could even hide them in the second rank and use their abilities.
You are probably right here. Got a little GW anxious putting them on everyone.

Your hammerers are too small. They need to be a minimum of 25, 30-40 is better. Yes they're stubborn and T4 but only have a 5+ sv. They will die in droves to S4+ units.
Originally I had the 2k list with a single unit of 30 warriors + GW and 30 Hammerers. I would like to go back to 30 but I thought that 3 units at the line would be better. If I were to drop one unit of warriors and beef the Hammerers back up to 30 and then invest those extra points into more ranged support would this still be a list that is not too unbalanced in a single area?

Thanks for the suggestions, I was wondering about the Grudge thrower as I wrote the list. I think that years of having my heroes and generals sniped by cannons I felt that a grudge needed to be addressed ...:)

Regards

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
You are probably right here. Got a little GW anxious putting them on everyone.

Originally I had the 2k list with a single unit of 30 warriors + GW and 30 Hammerers. I would like to go back to 30 but I thought that 3 units at the line would be better. If I were to drop one unit of warriors and beef the Hammerers back up to 30 and then invest those extra points into more ranged support would this still be a list that is not too unbalanced in a single area?

Thanks for the suggestions, I was wondering about the Grudge thrower as I wrote the list. I think that years of having my heroes and generals sniped by cannons I felt that a grudge needed to be addressed ...:)

Regards
It's not a bad idea, as it'll still be WS5 and S6 but these characters I'd rather try and keep alive. The shield will help a little bit, so ideally they need to kept back in a reserve unit.

Three units probably is better, and the hammerers will survive and do well, just don't expect too much of them - there are too few for a long protracted combat.

Cannons are good, and generally more accurate but they do suffer from killing one per rank only. A good GT shot can decimate most units.

Kuffy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.