Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a senario like this one Player is The Deamon hunte that have gotton rumor of chaos near an tau out post the tau gets 1000 pts ad start in fortifications the Dh get 2000 and start at opposite table edge. It kind of a meat grinder mission for the deamonhunters they have to whipe out the tau before they get corrupted.
Lets say they gey 4-5 turns to destroy all the Tau. Then if they do not suceed the tau get 600-1000 pts of chaos and corrupted tau( like a squad of fire warriors is corruped by nurgle and all have +1 to their toughness.

Please post any ideas to help with this senario like special rules poit/turn adjustment

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Oct 14 2003, 18:30
That does sound kind of unfair dude........
Thats why i was asking for suggestions to help make it fair.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'd say lower the time after which the Tau gain their Daemonic allies. Maybe after 3 turns instead? Or make it random, and roll a D6 or something ,I don't know....... But the Chaos coming in later would make it more fair, as long as the addition adds up to the Daemonhunter total.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course it would add up. How about on turn one role a dice on a 5+ they come in, turn two a 4 +, turn 3 3+, turn 4 they automaticly come in

·
Registered
360 Posts
Originally posted by The Exploited@Oct 14 2003, 19:12
Of course it would add up. How about on turn one role a dice on a 5+ they come in, turn two a 4 +, turn 3 3+, turn 4 they automaticly come in
Why don't you just start a chaos army if your this obsessed with chaos!!!!!!!!!!!STOP DISGRACING THE TAU!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by ShaselMudd@Oct 15 2003, 11:56
Tau are as corruptable as the next guy except for the etherals. Heck they came from a very bloodthirsty background. They could easily step over to the side of Khorne atl least the firewarriors could.
... Uh, the Tau are a race of beings who strictly adhere to a code of service to the community. That makes them very different from the leaders of the imperium, so I don't know how you could say that they're *as* corruptable. After all, the traitors of the imperium join Chaos out of a lust for personal power, an idea that should be rather alien to the Tau.

Also, a thirst for violence has nothing to do with it imo. The whole of the universe of 40k is involved in war, Chaos isn't the source of all violence.

The tyranids don't get turned to chaos, they're a hive mind that is like the tau in terms of a community spirit, but of course the individual Tau still have free will, and the nids don't seem to.

The eldar, to my knowledge, don't get turned to chaos. They may have alot of connections to chaos through their psykers, but they're opposed against it. The dark eldar aren't chaos either, they have their own interests and the EoT stuff even says that the DE don't like the chaos, and planned to attack Chaos for entering their space.

I think people have been giving too much attention and credit to chaos lately. It isn't the single evil force in the galaxy that corrupts all. It's the bane of the imperium, the nemesis of the Emperor, but there are plenty of factions in 40k that don't care about Chaos I think.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The eldar, to my knowledge, don't get turned to chaos. They may have alot of connections to chaos through their psykers, but they're opposed against it. The dark eldar aren't chaos either, they have their own interests and the EoT stuff even says that the DE don't like the chaos, and planned to attack Chaos for entering their space.

Actually.....The Eldar did create a couple of the Chaos gods through there greed and evil thoughts....Slaanesh in fact was created by them as a whole, so the Eldar aren't suseptable to the temptations og their own creation.....as for the Dark Eldar, its pretty much the same thing......

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ya I knew that the Eldar were responsible for the Chaos gods, (as I understand it, there were no chaos entities at all before the fall of the Eldar), I was just saying that they don't turn. Though it's true that they fear them and are intertwined with them. :ph34r:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Oct 16 2003, 11:18
The Dark Eldar are just *****ing evil as a whole......
word. :D

They're not really my bag, but I'm glad they introduced the DE. When 3ed first came out I was very unimpressed by them, but now I'm come to appreciate them as a cool evil element that is nice and rogueish. Not tied to the old story of the imperium like chaos, and not *good* like the Eldar. (I never liked the eldar being portrayed as the pirates of the galaxy because they seemed nobler than that to me).

Of course, with the necrons, we now have 2 armies that represent the evil that comes out of nowhere to strike, without interest in the politics of the imperium.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Orks are just......There. And Stupid. But stupid is good, I mean i am an Ork player and I love the stupid......"I'm gonna kill you because your there" look on their faces!! But the Orks aren't evil, but they are the true pirates of the 40k universe being able to steal pretty much any vehicle..... As for the Chaos Tau, reading WD gave me an idea to add Chaos Kroot to the Army list as well....Have already converted one.....Two heads, a Nid arm on its back, and a hand made from one of the claws on the Tyranid Gaunts sprue.....Looks pretty cool.....Will post pic when done painting.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
A GW Q&A said that the kroot couldn't be allied with chaos. I don't intend to try and stop you, :D but I thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well......The Kroot I'm thinking of including are more like Daemons than Kroot mercenaries.....meaning that they have to be summoned by a Crisis Suit wearing the Symbol of Tzeenech can summon them onto the field.....If there is any confusion.....I am writing up the rules as we speak, so will have them ready very soon....... But the Kroot can take mutations at the cost indicated off a list I am creating.....But just to make it fair, only one Kroot squad and/or one FW squad may take a certain number of points worth of mutations from the list.....Comments welcome......

·
Registered
353 Posts
I hope you make the kroot better then. I can't imagine wanting to go through the trouble of summoning kroot... I mean I like em and all, but they need a real boost before they can compete with demons.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.