Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been rereading my Chaos Codex, and I was reading the story on page 34-35 about the Tabor who worshiped the Gods of the Four Winds (Chaos Gods) I really like this idea and I was thinking about basing an army off them, And I would have to expand the fluff because while the original concept is very cool, it doesn't exactly give alot to work by except its kind of a more... middle eastern(?) feel to Chaos (Unless I miss my guess which is of course, always possible)

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
I think the theme of the Tabor is definitely Eastern; it doesn't sound Oriental, so I'm thinking Middle East is about right. Although that carries dubious political associations when you have a Middle Eastern-themed army that worships a Chaos pantheon. o_O

There were only two paragraphs on them, so you would have to work on it. It seems that their position is as a Chaos recruiting pool; promising warriors from the Tabor tribes are selected to fight for Chaos. As such, they would make an ideal LatD army list, if it weren't for that list being redundant these days. Ah, missed opportunities...

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Get the seige of Vraks.

LatD is still kinda possible. Then go crazy.

Crazy like a mint flavoured wolf.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Who would eat a mint-flavoured wolf? It would taste even worse than regular wolf.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
As opposed to the more standard strawberry werewolf found in your local occult market stalls.

You could use an ig list, go for warrior weapons, hardened fighters and what not, stick away from armour and things like that, but as said, if only LatD was still viable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I could take some stuff from the Tallaranians, they have like a araby/deserty

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
tru but they have all got a lot of high tec looking gear, these guys seem a little low tec to me, what about some Kislevites?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kislevites? who are they? (forgive my ignorance, not really a guard player)

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Well I could take some stuff from the Tallaranians, they have like a araby/deserty
The Tallarns are themed after the Britts and Germans fighting in the North African campaign during WW2.

He's talking about low-tech things. Obviously he means Kislevites from Warhammer Fantasy. Kislev is the Capital of the Human Empire.
Altdorf is the capital of the Empire.

:p

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the Tabor struck me as being lower tech than the Imperials but still having a decent tech level, just that their society was less advanced or more traditional (anyway you want to look at it)

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Really? I always thought it was Kislev. Ah well - serves me right for buying the Empire Codex in Italian.
The current capital is the seat of the Elector Count of the Reikland, Karl Franz. When an Elector Count becomes Emperor, the capital of the Empire will be relocated to the capital of the province that the Elector Count controlled before becoming Emperor.

Really, really OT though. :D

I don't have the latest Chaos 'dex, but I will look this up next tiem I get my hands on it (or is it in the older Codex as well?).

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
This story is only in the old codex.

If it's in the codex I haven't seen it from the tears in weeping over the loss of dark blade and daemonic speed.

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Aye but which old Codex? I have a lot of them and it doesn't show in any page 34-35. I checked the 96 Codex, the 99 Codex, and the newest one. Where the heck is this story? So I can read it and help with some serious feedback ^^;

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe its the codex just previous to the current 07 codex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts