Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I've just got back into gaming after many years, initially to keep my 13-year old son company - my fiendish hordes of Orcs and Goblins versus his heroes and men, and now my technocentric Tau versus his Tyranid swarm. I'm glad to say he's just started collecting an Eldar force - Tau against Tyranid is a bit boring... either I shoot them all before they reach me (not much fun for him) or he shreds me in close combat (not much fun for me). Anyhow, its great to read all the advice and discussion about the Tau on the forum - saves a great deal of trial and error.

My memories of gaming go way back to the mid 70's when I bought the first ever range of Lord of the Rings figures produced by Minifigs... and I have to say they were really dull unimaginative poses with poor detail - the latest GW models are fantastic by comparison, up to the standard of the Mithril Miniatures figures that were my pride and joy around 1980. I also was in at the ground floor with Dungeons and Dragons - my friend's brother brought back photocopies of the original three TSR A5 rules booklets (tsk tsk) from the US before it was available in this country and we had a thriving D&D club at our school as early as 1975. We fell upon the first Citadel figures - they were so much better than anything we had seen before! We also played a lot of Traveller when it was released - I still have some of the fantastic Citadel 'Space Pirate' figures. Within a couple of years, inspired by Robert Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" I was also playing SF wargames - so again, it is good to return to this using Warhammer 40,000.

I guess I picked the Tau because the new Stealth Suits were how I'd always hoped 'Starship Troopers' would look - but the real McCoy are the Forge World battlesuits - their Broadsides and Shas'o R'myr are stunning designs - I hope to post some pics soon. I also really like their use of drones - but wish they were a bit more independent and accurate :-(

Anyhow, that's enough ancient history for now - see you now and again on the forum

Adam

ps - I really am a firedancer - twirling my fire-clubs to trance-dance music at festivals etc.

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
Another bloody Adam! well, I suppose if theres enough of us we can start taking over LO. :)

Congratulations to your son for choosing tyranids and eldar (my 2 armies as well), not many younger kids choose something other than space marines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.