Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, how would you model either of them? Iwas thinking of cutting off the handle of a holstered splinter pistol and using what's left for the terrorfex. I like the shape of the holster for a wrist-strapped grenade launcher. I have some Shoota Boy ammo chains that look like they carry bombs more than they do bullets. Maybe I'll glue those to the side of the holster, like they are feeding grenades to the propulsion system, or something. What are your ideas?

·
426 Posts
I cut the barrel off the normal Splinter Rifle but left the bottom plate sticking out. I added a shoulder blade and voila!

I know its supposed to be wrist mounted... but this works out well and army-wise, I play a TON of pinning weapons, so it fits with my fluff.

Haven't thought of how to fit it onto a Raider/Ravager though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that! I am not sure why terrorfexes aren't all that popular. It is a little pricey but against certain races I'd imagine it could be a major asset. If your opponent gets pinned they can't do jack with that squad unless I assault or have had another crack at them next turn. I really like the agoniser on a sybarite but the rest of the warriors only have a 1 in 3 chance at injuring a T4 troop. If all things went to plan, 2 of my raider squads would rapidfire and pin the opponent and the wyches on the raider behind would take out the quivering trash that remained.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Cheers for that! I am not sure why terrorfexes aren't all that popular. It is a little pricey but against certain races I'd imagine it could be a major asset. If your opponent gets pinned they can't do jack with that squad unless I assault or have had another crack at them next turn. I really like the agoniser on a sybarite but the rest of the warriors only have a 1 in 3 chance at injuring a T4 troop. If all things went to plan, 2 of my raider squads would rapidfire and pin the opponent and the wyches on the raider behind would take out the quivering trash that remained.
Hi,
The vehicle mounted Horrorfex is more accepted over the troop carried Terrorfex for 2 reasons –

1. The Horrorfex has a greater range.

2. And more importantly it provides an extra weapon on a vehicle as insurance against an “Armament Destroyed” result. If there are no weapons left on a vehicle it becomes immobilised, if it becomes immobilised it no longer counts as a skimmer, if it no longer counts as a skimmer its useless in the game and if it moved over 6” in the last turn or is over impassable terrain at the time it is destroyed and becomes a wreck. (What a chain of events!) So to try and prevent all of this we can use the extra weapon as a safety buffer.

So if you are going to buy a pinning weapon the points are better off spent on the vehicle version.
(Well that’s my logic on it.)

The modelling of anything that doesn’t have an official model only needs to be obvious as to what it is and this is well covered just by telling your opponent prior to the game. Just make it "different" and youre golden.

Cheers.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
A realy easy and effective way involves just taking a dire avenger exarch arm (The one with a mounter shuriken pistol) and modifying the pistol to look however you want to fit the terrorfex look.

Horrorfex is the same thing, there is no real look for it so you are welcome to try something new but I suggest not modeling it since raiders look way better when they only have a lance on them.

For the record, I dont realy see the point of taking the terrorfex since for 1/3 of the price you can get the horrofex which has longer range and is overall more convenient when playing a standard DE army.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, I see. A Horrorfex is a third of the cost. Hmmm, so to rework my strategy...the 2 raiders move 12 inches, disembark and shoot. The raider can shoot both its weapons right? This would be the "withering hail of fire" mentioned in the in the dex. So 2 dissies, 2 horrorfexes, 14 rapidfire splinter rifles, 2 shredders and 2 splinter cannons...32 dice rolls to hit with...well I don't fancy any sort of squad being able to put up with that sort of punishment but if they somehow remain standing, in come the wyches...beautiful!

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Ah, I see. A Horrorfex is a third of the cost. Hmmm, so to rework my strategy...the 2 raiders move 12 inches, disembark and shoot. The raider can shoot both its weapons right? This would be the "withering hail of fire" mentioned in the in the dex. So 2 dissies, 2 horrorfexes, 14 rapidfire splinter rifles, 2 shredders and 2 splinter cannons...32 dice rolls to hit with...well I don't fancy any sort of squad being able to put up with that sort of punishment but if they somehow remain standing, in come the wyches...beautiful!
Um, no. The Horrorfex is fired “instead” of another weapon.

But pinning to me is more important than using the shot from a Disintergrator or Dark Lance when used on troops.

Cheers.

·
1,768 Posts
This might give you an idea for a horrorfex:
The Cult of Dissonance

Um, no. The Horrorfex is fired “instead” of another weapon.

But pinning to me is more important than using the shot from a Disintergrator or Dark Lance when used on troops.

Cheers.

There is actualy no proof of this, I though so initialy, but after looking at the codex, faqs and erratas, I saw that there was absolutely nothing that adresses this issue other than the fact that its a defensive weapon. And with current rules, if a raider moves up to 12" it can fire 1 main and all defensive weapons. The weapon doesnt replace the lance, its an addition to the body of the raider/ravager. If it would replace the primary weapon, it would surely say so, because based on the current reasoning the horrorfex is no different from a searchlight on an imperial tank.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
This might give you an idea for a horrorfex:
The Cult of Dissonance

There is actualy no proof of this, I though so initialy, but after looking at the codex, faqs and erratas, I saw that there was absolutely nothing that adresses this issue other than the fact that its a defensive weapon. And with current rules, if a raider moves up to 12" it can fire 1 main and all defensive weapons. The weapon doesnt replace the lance, its an addition to the body of the raider/ravager. If it would replace the primary weapon, it would surely say so, because based on the current reasoning the horrorfex is no different from a searchlight on an imperial tank.
Hi,
I am not sure we are talking about the same thing here.

No Codex on me at this exact moment (but I just confirmed on the net) last time I checked the Horrorfex rules did indeed state that it may be fired "instead" of another weapon.

I agree that it does not replace any weapon that the vehicle may already have as its a "vehicle" upgrade not a "weapons" upgrade.

You add to to the vehicle with the upgrade, so that there now becomes 2 weapons on the Raider.

So if you choose to fire the Horrorfex which other vehicle weapon do choose not to fire with?
(Based on the "instead" phrase its got to be the primary weapon due to the Horrorfex rules.)

So I am thinking we have a simple case of crossed wires here my friend.

·
1,768 Posts
Hi,
I am not sure we are talking about the same thing here.

No Codex on me at this exact moment (but I just confirmed on the net) last time I checked the Horrorfex rules did indeed state that it may be fired "instead" of another weapon.

I agree that it does not replace any weapon that the vehicle may already have as its a "vehicle" upgrade not a "weapons" upgrade.

You add to to the vehicle with the upgrade, so that there now becomes 2 weapons on the Raider.

So if you choose to fire the Horrorfex which other vehicle weapon do choose not to fire with?
(Based on the "instead" phrase its got to be the primary weapon due to the Horrorfex rules.)

So I am thinking we have a simple case of crossed wires here my friend.
Yea you are right, my fault. I think I was too focused on "weapon replacement ..." rather than on simple "firing instead of ...".

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
I'm with Wraith on modeling the T-Fex with the Dire Avenger Exarch arm. That's exactly what I did. It made a lot of sense, since most of my Warriors are Dire Avenger/DE Warrior combinations.

Let me get something straight.. if I have an H-Fex on a Raider and I decide to fire it, I can't fire my DL/Dissie? Or if it's on a Ravager, I can't fire one of my Dissies? Someone please spell this out to me in moron speak, because I've been treating H-Fexes as defensive weapons, ie, I can pretty much fire them whenever.

Psyan

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
I'm with Wraith on modeling the T-Fex with the Dire Avenger Exarch arm. That's exactly what I did. It made a lot of sense, since most of my Warriors are Dire Avenger/DE Warrior combinations.

Let me get something straight.. if I have an H-Fex on a Raider and I decide to fire it, I can't fire my DL/Dissie? Or if it's on a Ravager, I can't fire one of my Dissies? Someone please spell this out to me in moron speak, because I've been treating H-Fexes as defensive weapons, ie, I can pretty much fire them whenever.

Psyan
Hi Mate,
You don’t need “moron speak” at all, just a direct reference to the rule.

OK, page 13 Vehicle Upgrades – Horrorfex:

The Vehicle is fitted with a larger version of a Terrorfex, which can be fired instead of another of the vehicle’s weapons……..”

The reason for this is if you were to combine both you could pin with one weapon and then shoot to gain casualties with the other and that’s deemed to be overpowering (my humble opinion here.)
And all this for 5 extra points?

Thanks.

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
Ahh, ok. It's not as good as the way I was interpreting it, but it's still worth the extra points. Every one of my Raiders has one.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Ahh, ok. It's not as good as the way I was interpreting it, but it's still worth the extra points. Every one of my Raiders has one.
Indeed, the chance of pinning a whole squad for one turn out of a six turn game is more powerful than shooting at it with the chance of a casualtiy.

Plus the fact that a "weapon Destroyed result" is not as catastrophic now.

Cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.