Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I used in the battle. It is a test-army. And I will never use ut again. The infantry platoons were just fodder, they didnt stand a chance...
Please comment the list.
Command Platoon
Colonel,Power Fist,Bolter, Carapace Armour
Lasgun x1
Meltagun x2

Nork Deddog
Veteran Sergeant, CC Weapon,Laspistol, Carapace Armour
Commissar Yarrick

Anti-Tank Squad,Lascannon

Fire Support Squad, Heavy Bolter

Mortar Squad

Storm Troopers,Hellgunn, Grenade Launcher, Frag Grenades
Veteran Sergeant, CC Weapon,Hellpistol, Frag Grenades, Meltabombs

Hardened Veterans x9
Lasgun x4, Laspistol & CCW x1, Sniper Rifle x1, Flamer x3, Frag Grenades

Veteran Officer, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon,
Carapace Armour, Master-Crafted Weapon, Meltabombs

Veteran Sergeant, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades, Meltabombs, Carapace Armour, Master-Crafted Weapon

Platoon Alfa
Command Section:
Lieutenant, Bolt Pistol,CC Weapon
Veteran Sergeant, CC Weapon,Laspistol
Lasgun x2, Grenade Launcher x1

Infantry Squad 1
Veteran Sergeant, CC Weapon, Laspistol
Lasgun x9, Frag Grenades

Infantry Squad 2
Lasgun x9, Frag Grenades

Platoon Bravo
Command Section
Lieutenant, CC Weapon, Bolter
Lasgun x2, Meltagun x1, Plasma Gun x1
Commissar, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Master-Crafted Weapon, Carapace Armour

Infantry Squad 1
Lasgun x8, Autocannon x1

Infantry Squad 2
Lasgun x9

Sentinel, x2
Armoured Crew Compartment
Hunter-Killer Missile
Extra Armour
Rough Terrain Modification

Leman Russ Battle Tank x2
Turret Battle Cannon, Hull Lascannon, 2 Sponson Heavy Bolters
Extra Armour
Smoke Launchers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont have much experience with IG so i really dont know what to say ;), but to me it looks okay. Yes it was a terrible terrible loss, but il be back!And now i got my new stuff :twisted: talos, more incubi , grots and more wyches. Im gonna set up a new army during the next few days. If you wanna test your IGs against me just drop by one day :twisted:

·
Registered
1 Posts
IG list

I must say that u have a pretty bad list....not wanting to be mean or anything.

First off, for the HQ:

Ditch Nork, your commander is human he doesn't worth any more than the guards do....Unless your "assualty" HQ really works for u, I think it's way too pricey(more like super pricey). Could spend on more tanks or troops....cuz if most of the opponents reach your line you'll be dead anyways....u wanna get to shoot them as much as you can. For me, an assualt HQ would be colonel with power fist, comissar with powerfist. U shoot the target enemy unit first, then use these guys to assualt with a squad of guard or two to back up.

Take out the motar squads.....they don't do stank against marines.

Oh, and if he's troop heavy, go for missile for ur AT squad...much cheaper and get autocannons to take out transport.

Elites:

Never ever get granade launcher when u fight against marines, they can't penetrate the armour. And Stormtroopers should not be moving much anyways.....they should be ahead of your army to slow down the enemy, and shoot them out. So get the plasma guns.. and ditch the grenades, you're not going to assualt them.....plus if the enemy tanks is that near, they'll be moving and you have to roll 6 to hit. If you wanna be an attacker then give them flamers.....a lot more worthit.

Don't waste you BS4 with flamers, besides these guys don't make good assualt units due to lack of armour and everything else....give them deathworld vet. buy a bunch of plasmas and hide them in woods(4+ inv save).

Troops:

Why are u getting a bunch of vet sergent??? And give them ccw??? Ditch all the vet sergent, including the ones in elites. If u want an assualt squad, give one of your command section with powerfist and flamers. The other command section should be holding the line with his LD. If u want to assualt then get chimeras and give to your HQ or get a amourfist squad.

And give all your troops heavy/special weapons...well, if u gonna use them as cannon folders then give heavy, if u wanna keep them moving then give special to the units.

fast attack:

split up the units for your setinels so when one get hit the other won't. Take out all the upgrades, their armour are really bad, u don't wanna waste the points on them. maybe keep the x-tra armour and get a smoke launcher....but u should keep them in cover anyways....

If you upgrades a lot of your guys because u don't have enough models, then play on a lower scales.....guards fight in numbers not in upgrades.

good luck on the later battles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your oppinion, winno. Played with a little different list on friday against CSM, and I won. Belive it or not. The army list is avalible in the Army List section, so feel free to comment it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't remember all the units he used. But he used a Land Raider Crusader, Vindicator, Scouts v/Sniper rifles (I think he used 9 snipers), Can't remember how many marines but he used five terminators and a couple of heavy weapon teams.
Maybe Master Belail can post his army list here?
The vindicator killed a lot of guardsmen, and so did the crusader.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:) I also play IG. All mine are Deathworld Vets.+1 WS.
Try adding a Griffin or Basalisk. These are ordanance type barrage weapons and if the enemy suffers even one wound they have to test aganist pinning, and a unit that is pinned is a target.
"every day above ground is a good day"

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
My hull mntd wepn is a hvybolta they work better v.s. marine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.