Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drafting up some Campaign notes for one I'm going to run with my group. I came to special characters, toward the Apocolypse level as well, and I created "The Voice of the Emporer". Now keep in mind I designed this guy with the enemy in mind (I don't play Space Marines, AT ALL) and I wanted to get some thoughts on this guy. Would you play with or against him? What point value would you place on him?

Fluff... As the Emporer is trapped within the Golden Throne, it is often neccessary to place his trust in select and faithful servants to continue to carry out his will in body, spirit and mind. Others have been blessed in various ways; Black Templar Champions, Sisters of Battle and the Psykers of the Imperium have all been touched by the Emporers good graces. But none have the glory of carrying the Emporers voice to the farthest reaches of the Universe. No other being is trusted enough to bring the Emporers word, undefiled by interpretation or taint of any source, outside or within. The Voice of the Emporer has the sole task of deliverying the Emporers message to those who listen with open hearts and to warn those that would oppose him. In doing so, the Emporer has bestowed several boons to the Voice to carry out his task...

Select a basic Independant Character; Commander, Librarian, Etc. (Cannot be Assassins or Squad Leaders, etc) Place the following Enhancements to their stat line; +1 to all to a maximum of 10. He does not gain any equipment selections.

All they shall know no fear. The Voice is considered undaunted in the face of any adversary, he is fearless. In addition, any Imperial forces within 12" of him are inspired beyond all doubt and are fearless as well. For the purposes of withdrawing, Imperial forces may fall back to the Voice if he is closer than a table edge.

The Emporer Protects. The Voice is protected by the Emporer himself until his task is completed and gifted with various protections. The Voice has the following immunities; Instant Death, Psychic Attack. The Voice has the following defences; Feel no Pain, Invulnerable save against his leadership - 10 or less on 2D6 (this can be modified VIA souless or other effects, the Emporer cannot protect him against everything).

The Will of the Emporer. The Voice possesses a special weapon forged by his will to serve the Emporer which may take any appropriatte form. It is treated as a normal Force Weapon and allows the Voice to defend the servants of the Emporer. During the assault phase, the Voice can move up to 6" and be placed directly in between Allied models and Hostile models (move models as neccessary).

The Voice of the Emporer. The Voice is charged with spreading the word of the Emporer to both his servants and his enemies. The Voice is constantly resonating his word accross the battlefield which fills his allies with hope and peace and fills his enemies with fear (beneficial effects are included in "and they shall know no fear"). Any non imperial unit suffers a -1 Leadership within 12" of the Voice which stacks with any other modifiers. Any enemy wishing to assault the Voice or break away from the Voice must first pass a leadership test (with the -1 modifier) or be awe struck by the Voice (this does not affect fearless units).

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
id say round about 180.

this charecter seems like another living saint to me, i think thats how you should play him of because i think this guy would get a lot of "heretic" thrown at him, especialy by marines, he could have the potential to start a civil war.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
I wouldn't call the rule "And They Shall Know No Fear..." if you're not going to use the actual rule as stated in the BGB. If you don't want him to use that, I think it can be merged into the 'Voice of the Emperor' rule. Oh, and while we're at it, replace all instances of His name with the word Emperor since it is only right and proper.

:p

I also don't like the Invulnerable Save that comes as part of the 'Emperor Protects' rule. It just seems a bit overpowered and such - I'd make him a psyker and give him the Force Barrier psychic power as detailed in the Dark Angels codex (can't post the rules here but it's a similar concept). I would also have him count as having a psychic hood rather than being completely impervious to psychic powers.

It's an interesting concept. Just make sure whoever this is doesn't get confused with the actual Voice of the Emperor, who is strongly implied to be Cypher of the Dark Angels Legion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't call the rule "And They Shall Know No Fear..." if you're not going to use the actual rule as stated in the BGB. If you don't want him to use that, I think it can be merged into the 'Voice of the Emperor' rule. Oh, and while we're at it, replace all instances of His name with the word Emperor since it is only right and proper.
Doh on the spelling error, my bad. Wasn't sure what else to call the Fearless thing, but good point.
I also don't like the Invulnerable Save that comes as part of the 'Emperor Protects' rule. It just seems a bit overpowered and such - I'd make him a psyker and give him the Force Barrier psychic power as detailed in the Dark Angels codex (can't post the rules here but it's a similar concept). I would also have him count as having a psychic hood rather than being completely impervious to psychic powers.
I'll look up that power, wasn't familiar with it. The hood might make sense since he could protect his army with it and not only himself.
It's an interesting concept. Just make sure whoever this is doesn't get confused with the actual Voice of the Emperor, who is strongly implied to be Cypher of the Dark Angels Legion.
Maybe that was the idea. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.