Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Warscythe on the Pariah comes with a built in gauss gun, but does any other Warscythe come equipped with the gun?

Me and my brother were playing a game and he insisted that his lord had the gun with the Warsycthe. Can someone clarify this for me?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, now my brother can't try to pull my chain anymore. He insisted that since it looked like the pariah's warsythe that it ust have the gun built in too.

·
689 Posts
the built in weapon is a special thing for the pariahs. it's quite clear if you look in the codex

·
Registered
128 Posts
No, It doesnt not have the Guass Blaster

And, Please, search before you post, there have already been numerous posts on this subject.

·
Registered
674 Posts
yes it says for weapons a Pariah has a "Warscyth with a built-in guass blaster". The lord can have a warscythe, but it has no built in guass blaster.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother can read, he is just very... analytical. He was referring to the pictures that point out certain things about the warscythe in the back of the codex. I quote my brother "so since the picture of the warscythe in this picture has a linear accelerator chamber it must mean it has a built in gauss blaster for the lord!" he's crazy. Anywhoo, it got to the point of where he e-mailed the rules guys at GW about it and we are still awaiting an answer, but doubtfully i hope this will convince him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your brother might actually have a point!

This is because if you look at the model of the lord holding a warscythe it has a linear accelerator chamber and you can faintly pick out the beam focussing array altho it is not as pronounced as it is on the pariah!

From what I can make of the rules in the codex and the chapter approved FAQs we can safely say that the warscythe held by the Lord does not have the ranged weapon ability of the Staff of Light if upgraded from Staff of light to Warscythe. However it does not specifically say that the Warscythe has no ranged ability at all.

And we also know that in the description of the Pariahs holding the warscythe it says that it has a built in gauss blaster however there is no mention of the gauss blaster in the description of the warscythe in the Wargear section. This indicates that the warscythe is indeed incapable of firing off.

Although in the games I play it is accepted that the warscythe fires nothing I have emailed the RuleBoyz to get a confirmation. I am not sure if someone has done it already.........in the meantime i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Morfeen

·
Registered
74 Posts
Forget about codex artwork.
The Tau codex features an image of a tau Ethereal with a jet pack.
However this does not allow you to take jet packs for your ethereals.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The linear acceleration chamber is probably to power the Warscythe. It is of living metal, yet if it lies inert, it's only as powerful as a hunk of metal. With power being fed into it, it can reshape and cut and do all that great stuff the C'tan can do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.