Librarium Online Forums banner

TheGreat1's Wood Elf Project

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Da Mighty Camel 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I've had my dryads lying around since my 12th birthday and never really got round to painting them. Now I'm starting this project to hopefully motivate me to finally finish my wood elf army!! :dance:

Black = Not bought
Red = Assembled
Blue = Nearly Done
Green = Finished (and pictures soon!)

Alter Noble = 158
(alter kindred, HotH, HoDA, LA, GW, SH)

Spellsinger = 125
(LvL 2)

Dryads X 8 = 96

Dryads X 8 = 96

Glade Guard X 10 = 120

Glade Guard X 10 = 120

Wild Riders X 6 = 156

War Dancers X 7 = 126

= 997 :soldier:

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments! I'll be posting more pics later on today (need brother to help!)
I've started work converting my alter, so i'll post some pictures of him too.

EDIT: sorry guys I'm having trouble with the photos, but I've managed to paint up a few more dryads- i promise i'll post pics soon!

#6 · (Edited)
Finally- pictures!
Sorry its taken so long!
I've got pictures of the first dryad squad, and a spellsinger/branchwraith conversion that I made!
I've also got finished the whole of the second dryad squad, and will be posting pics very soon!
With my Christmas money (hehehe) I'll hopefully buy the models to complete my list.

P.S: I really do have to say that the photos really don't do the models justice :(. If anyones wondering how I did them then I'll post it!

<A little off-project note>
I'm also going to post my VC necromancer conversion (not painted), and my fully functional ork battelwagon (also not painted), captured from rival imperium forces!

Thanks for reading!

thegreat1

#10 ·
Anyone?

Please reply! I really need your feedback on the models!

If anyones wondering (I doubt they are) for the dryads I did:
a basecoat of dneb stone, ink of gyrophone (spelling?) sepia, drybrush white, ink blue/black mixture, final white drybrush.

#14 ·
thanks for the replies! :D
@da mighty camel- thanks for the advice, i'm cleaning up the bases. I'm tempted to add some flock, but they're supposed to be set in the middle of winter, with no real plant life around. I did try it on one of my test bases, but i'm not sure about the results.
@blackhat- thanks for the support, i really appreciate it!

I'm currently out of models to paint, and because of the snow (no school!!!) i can't go out and buy any right now....
However, i have had some ideas! I've been wondering about the WR, as they're fluff doesn't really fit in with my winter theme, so I might use brettonian knights, painted light blueish/white.

#16 ·
Thanks DMC thats exactly the effect i was going for!
THe snow on the bases at the moment is the GW stuff, and i wasn't too impressed, as it looked too much like old snow, and i was looking for a newer snow effect.

#17 ·
Sorry about this lack of progress
I ordered my 20 GG a while ago, but because of the snow, they haven't arrived, and I doubt they will any time soon :(
Sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.