Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought it was about time I put a new army list out for approval. This is to be played against the new dwarves.

Lords
BD Vampire Count: 339pts
Full plate armour, shield, great weapon, hand weapon
Red Fury, Heart Piercing, Crown of the Damned

Heroes
Wight Lord: 99pts
Heavy Armour
Enchanted Shield, Sword of Kings

Necromancer Lv2: 150pts
Power Familiar

Book of Arkhan, Dispel Scroll

Core
19 Skeletons (BD here): 215pts
Light Armour, Shield
Full Command

12 Zombies: 87pts
Standard, Musician

6 Dire Wolves: 60pts

Special

19 Grave Guard (WL here): 322pts
Shields
Full Command
Banner of Barrows

6 Black Knights: 159pts
Barding
Musician

Barding
Musician

3 Spirit Hosts: 195pts

Total: 1995pts
PD: 8
DD: 6 + scroll

Basically the spirit hosts will protect the skeletons and grave guard while they march into combat. The black knights and dire wolves will look for flank charges to break the enemy, or go after war machines.

Let me know :ninja:

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
I would want bigger units of skellies and zombies to start the game since you know that getting off IoNs, or any other spell, will be really tough. I'd drop the 2nd unit of knights to make that happen.

Don't count on thespirit host absorbing too much. A warmachine with a rune counts as magical, so your ethereal units could be toast in no time. If you want cheap screeners, maybe go with ghouls. They cost less and if near the general, should pass any panic tests.

Don't have time to comment more. I'll try and do so later.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the advice. I will try the following modification

Lords

Heroes
Wight Lord: 99pts
Heavy Armour
Enchanted Shield, Sword of Kings

Power Familiar

Core
Light Armour, Shield
Full Command

20 Zombies: 135pts
Standard, Musician

9 Ghouls: 72pts

9 Ghouls: 72pts

Special

19 Grave Guard (WL here): 322pts
Shields
Full Command
Banner of Barrows

Barding
Musician

Barding
Musician

Total: 1995pts

Any better :ninja:

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
The only change I'd suggest is finding a way to add some fell bats. Those will distract and hopefully take out war machines. I can't imagine that you won't see at least one war machine, and I'd want more than dire wolves to take care of them. Something to help keep those expensive wight units alive. Otherwise, you're looking good IMO.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ill have to disagree with david on part of this. you can start with low units of zombies/skellies if you want... infact I suggest it... you have 7 power dice... 8 if ur BD count is lvl 2 which is fairly decent for 2000 points... my list has 6 power dice and I start the game with 2 units of 15 skellies with LA and by the time they get into combat their numbers are always at least 20 and they have dire wolves backin them up so no worries there.

alright for the BD count I gotta say...if hes on foot PLEASE get rid of the crown its waaay over rated why? because 1 taking stupidity test every turn suck! and 2 because if your BD count stops for even ONE turn it could mean disaster for your army...remember your not looking to even being attacked back! you want to kill and continue onto the next unit you DONT want to stay in combat. the ward save is useless IMO... get rid of the crown and give him the flayed hauberk or put him on a horse back and give him master strike.. (that will REALLY piss off a chaos player who has a nice big fancy lord... whats that?? a six? awww too bad hes dead HAHAHAHA ...yeah good times killing my bro lol). IMO Id put the count on horseback and give him to a BK unit they will be UNSTOPPABLE believe me... the only thing that has ever stopped me from overrunning is my bros chaos lord who occasionally gets lucky and kills him in combat ... :D but anyways thats my advice do with it what you will and dont be afraid to ask me somethin ELSE or... you may think Im crazy :D

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking into finding the points for the fellbats as well DavidVC04, but all I can see to do is to drop one unit of Black Knights for 2 units of 4 Fell Bats. Do you think this is a option?

Big_Canadian. Thanks for the advice, but I believe if you put a BD in a unit of knights you take him away from the troops that really need him and this will leave you without his leadership in the centre and the army will slow to a crawl.

The ward save is vital to protect the general against cannon balls, flame cannons and the like, as this will cause huge damage to the army.

Anymore advice?

·
Registered
395 Posts
gingerninja said:
I was looking into finding the points for the fellbats as well DavidVC04, but all I can see to do is to drop one unit of Black Knights for 2 units of 4 Fell Bats. Do you think this is a option?

Big_Canadian. Thanks for the advice, but I believe if you put a BD in a unit of knights you take him away from the troops that really need him and this will leave you without his leadership in the centre and the army will slow to a crawl.

The ward save is vital to protect the general against cannon balls, flame cannons and the like, as this will cause huge damage to the army.

Anymore advice?
I disagree with taking him away from your army for these simple reasons

1. if I have another unit of BK, a GG unit two skelly units , some dire wolves and wight lords leading two of those unit I think Im quite fine cause he will I divert his attention to my count or perhaps he doesnt and my count gets to pwn him in combat... not EVERY army has cannons mmmk? so thats not THAT big of a worry and plus... LD 9 ISNT the best and if you have to test on it every turn your bound to fail like twice a game... and that takes away ALL those attacks for the whole game.... so your losing with spending those points...

2. the army crawls anyway because lets be honest... you DONT pack your units in tight as can be so they can all get the movement bonus.... I dont mind if my skellies take an extra turn to get into combat... all I need is one of my units into combat first inorder to start causing panic in his army... believe me what I suggested works... I have lost my general a couple of time do to bad luck rolling on my part but I still won the games...

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I quite like the idea of the wight lord, but I suppose I could drop it for the fell bats and the 1 extra grave guard. That would leave me with enough points to add one more ghoul to both of the units.

Big_Canadian. Again thank you for the comments, but I am sticking with the ward save as I believe it will help against the enemy I am facing, which as I stated at the start was the new dwarves, (war machines anyone?).

Here is the final list:

Lords

Heroes
Power Familiar

Core
Light Armour, Shield
Full Command

20 Zombies: 135pts
Standard, Musician

10 Ghouls: 80pts

10 Ghouls: 80pts

Special

20 Grave Guard :335pts
Shields
Full Command
Banner of Barrows

Barding
Musician

Barding
Musician

4 Fell Bats: 80pts

Total: 2002pts (They won't mind this)

Any more thoughts? :ninja:

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Weird, I used AB to recreate your second list and it shows only 1990 pts total, but the only difference I can find when looking at the unit totals is that the two black knight units come to 1 pt less than your version. But that should make it 1993 right? Well, that's Army Builder for you.

Looking at that 2nd list again, how about dropping one unit of ghouls, keeping your wight lord, and adding 4 fell bats? On my AB, that comes to 1998. If you need a screening unit, you can always pop up a thin line of zombies a few inches ahead of one of your main units.

Have you played the new dwarfs yet? Or seen the book? He can really pump out the dispel dice if he wants. There's one banner that adds +2 to every dispel attempt. +2!

Oh well, I'm curious how the battle goes. We've got one guy who bought the new box and a high school kid who talks about showing up to play with his old dwarfs but who never does. One way or another, I'll get a game in against the stunties.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I read the new book over christmas. it is so wrong it's painful. I am actually quite happy to have the two units of ghouls instead of the WL to be honest. I'll let you know how the battle goes. (Have a weird losing feeling in my stomach)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some Ideas

Well, the first thing I can think of is, do you really need that dispell scroll? You did say you were playing the new dwarves, so I doubt he will throw much in the way of magic at you. I would replace the scroll with the black periapt, or just scratch the points to add in those fell bats.

Personally, I stick to Thralls in a BD list. The wight is cheaper, and can carry the sword of kings, but with all those combat bonuses you get with BD, the Thralls are nasty. I field a Thrall with the Flayed Hauberk and a Great Weapon, and most other player are scared to get thier LORD into combat with him. The WS 8 and S 7 is really nasty. Your choice though.

I do realize you are very attached to the Crown of the Damned, and a wholly agree, the ward save is a must, especially against those warmachines. I would compromise a little though, get the Ring of the Night instead of the crown, that way you don't suffer from stupidity, but you still get a save. I do realize this drops your ward save from saving half the time to saving a third of the time. If you fail your stupidity though, your count might be caught in the open, and another turn of shooting could be fatal. Just a suggestion.

Other than the scroll and the crown, I think you have a well composed list. Good Luck, go murder some stunties!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts