Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Understandably, orcs and goblins is one of the more popular armies in warhammer fb. So how do you make your army stand out? theme it. theming an army is matching all the miniatures together to make your games more realistic and more varietised. An example of theming could be if you collect chaos, you would have a slaneesh army or a khorne army instead of a mix of both. So how do you theme orcs and goblins is up to you but I theme mine by armour. this is a basic chart where the miniatures are given a number from the amount of armour they are wearing that is visible.

1. any type of night goblin.
snotlings.
any type of savage orc.

2. any type of goblin.
any type of (plain) orc.

3. any type of Black orc

5 rules for theming.
1. do not mix units of 1 with units of 3. (1 goes with 2, 2 goes with 3)

2. for chariots if you use mostly one try a snotling pump wagon, mostly two try a goblin wolf chariot, mostly three orc boar chariot.

3. for mounts there are basicaly; boars, squigs, wolfs and wyverns. Don't use all four.

4. with your lord, make him suit the unit your most proud of even if he doent join. (eg. if you liked your spider riders, you might get a goblin warboss on a gigantic spider) minding that, wyverns go with all.

5. trolls and giants can go with anything, but giants come with lots of bits and pieces so I recomend them.

this is just my way for theming, you could find your own just as easily.

·
230 Posts
What about warpaint? That seems like a pretty easy way to unify them in theme. I plan to buy some soon and for warpaint, white upsidown head on all of thier faces with much darker skin color, basically super bulky LOTR orcs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is a good idea to theme but I do it a little differntly. I do it 2 different ways. Either visually or by fluff. If I do it visually all elements of the army are held together by a similar paint scheme. If it's fluff wise then the background should go together. For instance my Boar chariots go well in my Savage Orc Army because they are modeled to look more primitave.

any way you do it is good better than not. It showes a little more thought to the army and that's always a good thing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Speaking of which the theme I've got in mind for my Orcs & Goblins is really from a book series that I've enjoyed reading. A certain group of monsters from these books, the Sorceress Thaegan's 13 Children, to be precise. As for the series itself, there's an anime that's based on it to boot.

Thought I'd post this as an example for theming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.