Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started a Lost and the Damned army and I have a question about arming my mutants. Is it worth it? Giving the normal "firearms" is FREE :D the only problem is its range 24" str4 ap6 (I didnt want to violate copywrite, but hopefuly they wont prosecute ;p you can also find this is located on page 42 of the Eye of Terror Codex) but it gets Hot just like a plasma gun ( in otherwords Two ones and BOOOOOMMM). The muties also only have a bs of 2 ;p so i was thinking it might not even be worth arming them since i mainly only use them to hold people back (cannon fodder :lol: ). What do you all think plkease leme know :blink:

·
Registered
959 Posts
i'd go with the fire arms if only to watch your own guys blown themselves away. it is chaos afterall and we dont care about the little ones.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yea... you need a five or six to hit, and only a one to explode. Them's good odds...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is true 2 of the mutants in the squad are "spechal weapons" team can have the heavy stubber for +5 pnts or a flamer at +3 pnts i went flamer cause you dont got to roll to hit ;p so there low bs isnt a factor ;p the hvy stbber is the same as the stubber just it has 36 inch range and is heavy 3 (no get hot rule) and is assult 3 when used by BIG mutants :huh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know about Firearms. I have not read up on it lately, but I think it'll replace your CC weapon. It just depends if you want to have a chance at shooting, and having 'em killed by the gettin' hot and stuff. Or, havin' 'em get in CC, and havin' an extra (how many are left) attacks. I don't know, I'd have Traitors for long/medium range, and use mutants for CC.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Honestly, Firearms aren't worth the trouble. Chances are you'll kill more of your own guys by shooting them than the enemy, and that's never a good tradeoff. Your other option, of course, is to spend 1 point per model to give them laspistols - if you plan on taking a Boss, you should do this, since then whatever your Boss takes from the Armoury (say a Power Fist) counts as an extra close combat weapon, and gives him just as many attacks as your Arch Heretic in an assault. Firearms, being a two-handed weapon, won't let you do this. Personally, I think it's fun to just take 30-man vanilla squads of Plague Zombies and slowly shamble towards the enemy. Something about outnumbering Ork armies that puts a smile on my face... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your valuable imput all :D I still havent decided yet but im fairly sure im going to go non firearms ;p with them. But as far as plauge zombies go... im not into that ;p toooo slow for me ;p and most of the time my muties are bein led by my aspiren champ HQ. but spekin of too slow lately i been talkin to a friend that REALY thins i aught to give them the Move as clvery +6pnt mutations ;p i am not too keen on this idea what do you guys think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.