Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought the Mule heavy warjack for mercenaries, and suprise suprise the ignorant buggers at privateer press missed out on packing a leg, and an arm joint.

This is the second time something like this has hapened, as I got the worng legs for a mangler earlier. Luckily I haven't sent the email for the incorrect legs yet, so I'll have one more thing to complain about now. Seriously, you don't see Games Workshop 'miss' parts out every bloody box they pack, that's just poor form for privateer press.

I'm very displeased with privateer presses missing/incorrect parts, which is a shame as the game is so good.:(

·
867 Posts
dr_nick22 said:
Well, I bought the Mule heavy warjack for mercenaries, and suprise suprise the ignorant buggers at privateer press missed out on packing a leg, and an arm joint.

This is the second time something like this has hapened, as I got the worng legs for a mangler earlier. Luckily I haven't sent the email for the incorrect legs yet, so I'll have one more thing to complain about now. Seriously, you don't see Games Workshop 'miss' parts out every bloody box they pack, that's just poor form for privateer press.

I'm very displeased with privateer presses missing/incorrect parts, which is a shame as the game is so good.:(

Wow are you unlucky!

I have only had one bad blister.

True I haven't had many missing peices from GW packs (a Sister of Battle blister was missing two backpacks), but the GW ones are covered in mold lines and a LOT of flash. :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Man that sucks hope it never happens to srry about that though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really?

I've bought several packages of warmachine and have never had a problem. But as far as GW products go I've noticed several discrepancies. Back when the second generation of tyranids came out, I had several pieces that had BAD castings. Fortunately for me I decided to use those pieces as casualty markers. I know how you feel when you spend hard earned cash to buy into the hobby and you get trash pieces but just think outside of the box and turn those pieces into something useful. Like what could be better than turning the mangler into a scrap heap? It adds realism to the game and makes one hell of a conversation piece. Anyway enough of the praising of the Press. I think the guys and gals there have come a long way in developing one of the most awesome games out there. Best of luck in the future.:ninja:

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
dr_nick22 said:
Seriously, you don't see Games Workshop 'miss' parts out every bloody box they pack, that's just poor form for privateer press.
Not really mate, it happens with products from most companies at some point, you've just been unlucky and had it happen twice in a short period of time. I've had at least three items from GW that I've had to take back.

First it was a mail order delivery of bitz. I'd ordered a bunch of heavy weapons for a fortress I was planning to build (notice planning, I never even started it and the guns are still in my bitz box today!). Anyway, Some of the parts were wrong, so I just phoned them and they posted the correct ones out the next day. 'Course, that was way back, so their customer service might have slipped a bit since then...

The next was a Cadian mortar blister (back when they were metal) which had the mortar missing. The other was a Warmaster Chaos Dragon blister which was missing a wing. In that case I knew the manager (it was my local shop) and he handed me a new blister and let me keep the duff one as well!

It's just something that happens, I'm sure if you talk to Privateer about it they'll happily replace the missing/wrong parts. If they don't, then complain. If you still don't get anywhere, then they're a bad company... :(( But as far as my friends tell me, they're good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
uh...ive had MANY MANY missing peices from GW before, but all have been taken care of by GW very well. (good customer service GW):yes: . Heres to name a few that had mising stuff for me:

Missing archaeon head
Missing 1 Grey Knight terminator arm
Missing incinerator
Missing All the horse heads from the brettonian knights box
given the wrong wing from pegasus knights box
missing plague marine arms
missing metal parts in Land Raider Crusader
Missing hull sprue for a Leman Russ

But at the end of it all, they were replaced with complete components

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, well, it's just that the first 2 things I buy from Privateer press just happen to have incorrect and missing parts seems to give a bad first impression impression.

On a much happier note, I also bought Alexia Ciannor and the Risen, and they had no incorrect.missing parts whatsoever!:) Well, usually you'd kind of expect that, but hey, I don't care.

Alexia and the Risen are supposed to be really good, and I tried them out today, and they rock hard.:yes:

I shot an obliterator missile at some Khador winterguard, killed all of them, and Alexia was within 15", so I got 6 free risen...

I also sacrificed about 3 risen, and Alexia came in and did 30 damage to Kommandant Irusk! It was of course reduced to 15 because of his armour, but he died becuase he's already taken damage from Magnus. That was nearly an instant cater kill in one hit! I did happen to roll 3 sixes for damage though, so that kinda helped:w00t:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ah yes, 3 six moments in warmachine are truely awesome.
Sorry to here about what happened, but PP WILL replace anything, My friend was missing 2 Knights Exemplar arms, got them in the post about 10 days later.

·
Registered
70 Posts
wow

Huh, you guys are really unlucky, it's different for me, I sometimes get extra, never less. Once when I got a Space marine tactical squad and it came with 16 SM's and a command squad sprew with the company champion bitz in it, JACKPOT!!!! :D

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alucard said:
Huh, you guys are really unlucky, it's different for me, I sometimes get extra, never less. Once when I got a Space marine tactical squad and it came with 16 SM's and a command squad sprew with the company champion bitz in it, JACKPOT!!!! :D
Well, I did get an extra set of shoulder spikes with the mule, and once I get the proper Mangler legs, I'll have a spare set of Talon legs. Not that I can really do anything with them...

Well, I emailed Privateer Press the other day, and they got back to me fairly quickly and they're gonna post me my missing bits, so if it all goes well, and thewy don't have missing or incorrect bits in the missing/incorrect bits replacement package, it should all be good. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts