Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be rong but wernt all pre-heresy space marine helmets beakies(im not sure)
If so y is the lion helm not??

If all the primarches were about 12 foot tall why dosnt artefactrs they carried or wore big? the lion helm.thts a standard size helmet,the wolf helm of Russ(ulrik wears it.) gaunlets of utramar(magneus calgar wears them) and vulkans sigil?????
I fink gw screwed up there,

Think abt it
then again i might b rong

also wot weapons did the primarchs carry?

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
1)No, they werent all "beakies" by which I assume you are reffering to Mk6 armour.

2) This sort of thing is common with GW stuff.

3)Same as everyone else, more or less.

·
Registered
342 Posts
To me the primarchs weren't 12' tall. I picture them as being more or less the size of the Emperor (which would be 7-8ft) It would make more sense when trying to explain how Calgar wears the Gauntlets of Ultramar and other such occurances.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mark - 5 power armor was the armor worn during the Horus Heresey, "Beakie armor" Mark- 6 came about after the war.
I believe that the size of the Primarchs is a myth, they were the same height as all other Spacemarines.
I'm not sure about what weapons the Primarchs used, I think they were all different.
Some hint is given about the Primarchs in the Index Astartes books and White Dwarf by GW.

WAAAGH!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Actually heresy armour was not made available to all chapters during the heresy due to forces being spread over such a wide front and continualy raided supply lines. Many chapters prefered to use the more expensive to upkeep but infinatly better Mk 4 armour. Plus most heresy suits were made from parts salvaged from Mk 4 anyway.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The majority of Power Armour was a mix of Mk4 and Mk5 armour because of the supply lines being raided. There is a website detailing the history of Power Armour. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oooohhhh

by the way n some of the things i read they were apparently 12 foot and i thought of it wen sanguinenius(cant spell)wrestle wth a bloodthirster of khorne which he the lifted up and snapped its spine.

it wuld take a pretty big guy to do that

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Primarchs were capable of super human strength, it's down to personal oppinion. With me 12' Primarchs doesn't sit with me especially since i see the Emperor as being 7-8ft tall, and i doubt he would create super humans that were taller than he was!

·
Registered
342 Posts
*nods in agreement with K-Tana* Exactly, although GW says if you were going to convert a Primarch for 40K you should use an Inquisitor model which I don't agree with. 12' Primarchs indeed!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, Moncs and Arch Magos Tolanus you are right about the armor. I think the web site you speak of is the Rouge Trader site.
I have one squad pre heresey, half MK-4 and half MK-5. The rest of my Spacemarines are all MK-6. [Gave away all the ugly MK-7's from 2nd edition ]

"Purity through firepower" er I mean WAAAGH!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by dante@Sep 16 2003, 19:38
oooohhhh

by the way n some of the things i read they were apparently 12 foot and i thought of it wen sanguinenius(cant spell)wrestle wth a bloodthirster of khorne which he the lifted up and snapped its spine.

it wuld take a pretty big guy to do that
I could do that :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.