Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on the GW website, thought you guys might like it.

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
And thus begins the hype campaign a month before the stuff is realeased, just as I said to all those who tried to say that Tau Empire was gonna come out late January early Feb. Vindication is a wonderfull thing.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That was interesting, if somewhat...atypical of the stereotypical Tau attitude.

Instead of the peace loving Space Dolphins, they came off rather evil. Made me want to send a few Tau home in bodybags.

The catchline should have been:

"Behold as I talk to myself while sounding like an Ewok from Starwars"

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah didn't seem really tau-ish to me.

thought the only reason they fight is becuase they had too to protect their way of life.

seemed like the only 'good' race of 40k

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are no good races in 40K, its a universe of unrelenting evil and savagery. Just like the real world.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Unfortunately I can't see it :(. I went to the flash site, I know I've got the latest version installed, the flash on the flash site worked, it's just this one that won't work.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm. Try right clicking and making sure that there's a tick beside play. If that doesn't help try clicking on forward (still from the right click drop down menu).

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Holy crap. Its one of the battle songs from Chaos Gate again.

As for the Tau being the good guys...

"For the greater good" is remarkably similar to the slogans of many of our world's past and present agressive imperialist powers.

Heck, I bet the Romans justified their conquest of Gaul by stating they were bringing civilization in the form of central government, roman law, roman justice, central baths and plumbing ect. to the 'cattle thieving barbarains'.

The Tau are as out for themselves as anyone.

They just happen to recognize the value in converting their enemies into allies if possible. So did the Romans.

Rather than being good per se, the tau are filled with enlightened self interest and have good PR in the form of the water caste.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
All I get is a grey line saying movie not loaded, and another line saying about Macromedia Flash player 8.

It's been loading for over an hour, I have broadband, so it won't load for some other reason.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No idea then. sorry. I assume you've tried refreshing the page nad all the usual stuff. It only took a few minutes to load for me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Does anyone speak Japanese or chinese so they could tell us if they were actually speaking a proper language or just gibberish.

Otherwise that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It sounded like gibberish to me. Mind you American English sounds like gibberish to me, so thats not a very good opinion to go on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good guys? Since when does this forum of all places consider Tau good guys?

Newsflash, kids: they're not. Never have been. Anyone who'se been paying the slightest bit of attention to anything and everything published for the Tau so far _should_ know that, our favorite little blue space communists are anything but good.

Don't let the preachy "peace, love, and fuzzy space monkeys" thing fool you- the Tau are just as obsessed with conquering the galaxy as everyone else. The only thing they do different is that they'll use words like "unity" and "progress" where the imperium uses things like "heretic" and "damnation."

·
Registered
181 Posts
Straylight said:
Don't let the preachy "peace, love, and fuzzy space monkeys" thing fool you- the Tau are just as obsessed with conquering the galaxy as everyone else. The only thing they do different is that they'll use words like "unity" and "progress" where the imperium uses things like "heretic" and "damnation."
Quite right. Since I started Tau a couple years ago it seems like at least once a month I rent a movie in which the evil bad guys spend about 20 minutes explaining why they are taking over/destroying/overthrowing/selling out the world/universe/government/people "for the greater good". I'm sure the movies haven't changed, I think I just notice the use of that particular phrase more now.

Fun little animation though. woo! for the new codex!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't understand you guys. this is EXACLY the way of tau. They think the're the best. they warn there enemies. read the stury on page 54 of ur codex, and see what I mean. It sounded EXACLY like they way Tau should work. "We offered them the path of wisdom" which is peace. but since they didn't accept it, war is what they'll get. NO ONE can withstand our might.

That's the Tau way of thinking.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sir_Prometheus said:
"supported by aircrafts" You'd think the British would know that "aircraft is it's own plural.
LOL:w00t: I your right. Maybe there was a mix up during the translation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
onlainari said:
Unfortunately I can't see it :(. I went to the flash site, I know I've got the latest version installed, the flash on the flash site worked, it's just this one that won't work.
Same. Oh well I'll try again when I get home.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts