Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Wood Elf General (please, no jeering), and I am thinking about collecting an Ogre Army. They seem like heads and tails though, in that they are completely different.
Does anyone have any advice for starting an Ogre Kingdoms army (best units, strategy, etc.)? If anyone has played Wood Elves, you know their tactics and I'm wondering if you could help me make the switch in tactics.
Thanks to all who help.
Dryads will eat you.
"Be sure my son, when you swing your axe,
that the bough you strike is dead.
For though winter hath come and
the wind doth blow,
and the air is bitter and the fire is low,
you may find that the bough swings back
to crush your skull and break your back
So you pay heed to what I've said,
and be sure the bough is dead."
-Brettonian Drinking Song
Sorry, I just love that song! Da da dumm!

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
The reason you should go ogres is that they are completely different, meaning you can switch up what you play every now and then. WEs for a few weeks, then ogres.

I think all the ogre units have their strengths. I haven't found a way to make a slavegiant work yet though and a scraplauncher either is the MVP or a joke, so its a toss up. The one thing you can't forget is to always bring gnoblars. A unit of trappers or a big block unit, or both. They always make their points back, even if you just have 20 sit in a corner all game and grab you a quarter.

Beyond that, I particullary like gorgers and running 3 butchers.

Also if you are lucky enough to find a tourney that allows rhinox riders, use them. I love them. I run just 1 rhinox bull rider and last game he got the charge on a treeman ancient and put 5 wounds on it the first round and kill it the second and only took a wound from his stand and shoot. Hard to find a better large target for only 185 points.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I ended up looking at the different armies, and decided to go with Lizardmen, though. When I picked my first army it was between them and the WEs, so I'm going with LM. A friend is thinking about the ogres however, so I'll direct him to this.:soldier:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts