Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinkin of startin hordes of chaos and I really like the fluff of Archaon, and would use the variant list with the free command upgrades and hellcannons, I think it's called Archaon's Horde?... But in any case, I dont like marauders, I dont know why, but i just dont like the models or the idea of them or anything. So my question is if it would be viable to feild an army whoose Core choices were made up of only Warriors and Knights and stuff like that? It would be an undivided army that included tzeench sorcerers and would end up being about 4k points by the time i finished collecting it cuz warriors are expensive point-wise and I would want to include Archaon. A few other questions are 1. What is the lowest possible army you would field Archaon in? and 2. How would a warrior heavy army fare at lower point values like 2k, 1.5k, and so on. I understand you would be outnumbered, but is it worth it?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Of course it would! It would be very killy army, marauders are just for numbers really, not at all necessary. Go for it, Knights rock solid too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well this obviously wouldn't be a tournament list, so that means you now have to have fun with it.

If you absolutely HAVE to play Archaon's horde...don't. You could put Archaon in a 2000 point list, but after him and a Hellcannon (together 1100+ points), you don't have much room left, and wouldn't be fun for anyone. You would rarely find a place to use this list, except against friends, who would tire of it very quickly.

How about this: Use the Archaon model, but now he's a lord on a Daemonic mount. This is to justify the 50mm base. I also hate the Marauder models, but I just put warrior heads on the Marauders. Easier to paint and they look MUCH cooler.

Mortals, at 2k, doesn't put a lot of models on the table. The higher the points list, the better Mortals look. I have a tourny this weekend; it's 2k, and I'll take my Beastmen.

As a side note: A warrior heavy army at ANY point level, isn't a good idea...if you want to win that is. I happen to like warriors, but I only use a couple units of 12. Hardly an army of warriors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts