Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do i make a non craftworld army fit fluffwise?

How does one go about creating a craft world?

I've been moving a lot lately and now that im somewhat stable I thought i would jump back into Warhammer 40k. Now I was a dedicated Black Templar and Blood Angel player for the bast 4 years and now i feel the need to "Grow up" So I wanted to create an Eldar army. Now that im a big boy and actually think i could stand a chance in tournies; i thought i would plan out my army before buying it, going as far as developing a color scheme and what you see is what you get rules. (Yes i just used a compound complex sentence) I want to have a custum craftworld with no special rules or anything. Just a simple color scheme that is as atractive as the biel-tan or saim-hann.

Note: I wont alter the schemes for the aspect warriors in order to adhere to fluff.

P.S. my army list is displayed here.

Educate me :bulgy-eyes:

·
Registered
545 Posts
This is quite easy, just do it. :cute: Not many people will make a stink about not adhering to one craftworld or another. We all like to make our own schemes and styles so you can just name your craftworld "Bob Land," paint them bright fuchsia with neon green tabards and be filled with wraithguard and aspect warriors galore.

On a more personal note, here's how my craftworld evolved. I started out really liking the rangers, everything about them was just cool. I also started with a farseer but he kept popping his head. (I tied his into my fluff later) After considerable anguish with the seer and not having much luck with the rangers, I bought my first batch of Avengers, two infact, andpicked up some warpspiders and an autarch to match. These performed fantastically and I've been using them ever since. My story progressed as I won and lost battles and found out what worked best for me. Eventually I created my backstory for my autarch, which I posted up here and you can find in my signature, and decided that I would not use a farseer for my HQ because the smaller grouping of eldar than the larger craftworlds offered little protection for the more psychicly atuned of their race. I also decided that my group would not be equiped with guardians in their ranks because my autarch, prince, is from biel-tan originally. Also my entire army is fashioned up to look like avengers in one way or another. My Autarch is the OLD Avenger exarch with a warp pack and fusion gun, and my jetbikers have all been replaced with Avengers (exarchs being the ones with the canons)

You see the story is all up to you and it can grow in whatever way you want it to. It's just up to you how believable you want it to be.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Craftworlds having special rules went out with 3rd Edition. Now in 4th edition Eldar the army list options stay the same no matter the craftworld you play. So you can do anything you like without worrying about special rules.

My Eldar are the mercenary army of Shiz. They are predominantly blue with white and the odd bit of silver or purple. The only time I get asked about craftworlds is by space wolf players trying to use something like preferred enemy on me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts