Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
159 Posts
Hive Commnader shadowvilan127

I don't know if this is an acceptable response, but I'm in the middle of making a Commandofex. Although I made this biomorph to reflect extended carapiece or reinforced chitin, the way I created it could probably be accepted as a thornback biomorph as well.

I essentially took the spore cyst piece and glued scything talons where some of the holes for the spore cysts are. In addition, I took various "talons" from the Tyranid Warrior's sprue to fill in other holes. To be more specific I took them from the Venom Cannon and Barbed Strangler weapons from the Tyranid Warriors, since I didn't use them a lot.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
534 Posts
My guess, just use Scyting talons you have left ;) Maybe add some greed stuff.

Otherwise, go look in the yard for roses, and get yourself some real thorns. But dip them into PVA glue before using, else they'll rot away or something equivalent, and you don't want that ;?

Or if you are creative, you can use greenstuf to create you own?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
This Carnifex has spine banks on it. It does have extra spikes on the rest of it but because the spine banks are there people will (quite reasonably) assume it has spine banks. It is a good looking model though.

You can make thornback by just adding lots of nasty spikes to your Carnifex. You can use just about anything to do it. Scything talons or you could use some of the spikes that come with the new Chaos spawn model.

You can also take a look a the ram carapace that Forge world makes. Forge World TYRANIDS That thing is meant to be thornback. You should consider that as your contrast. The ram carapace is very different from what we get in the Carnifex box. Basically you can do more or less anything to show thornback as long as it is spiky looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.