Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adeptus Laziness
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...rather, the enemy of the Imperium is the Imperium itself.

As you very well know, there are whispers of what happens to those planets that stray from the so called Emperor's will. Their decadent ways attracted demons from beyond, and only through drastic measures is the planet saved. That is, unless if exterminatus is declared instead. In any case, any survivors swear to serve the Emperor from that point on, and the planet serves as a warning to any other that dare stray from the set path.

My colleagues, if you would cease to let fear cloud your thoughts for but a moment, surely you would find these events rather suspicious?

In the years before the Emperor ascended the Golden Throne, Chaos, while capable of corrupting planets and humankind, was hardly capable of taking over a planet with the frightful speed we have seen these past few centuries. Even today, we hear rumours of xenos taking over our border worlds, surely a sin warranting extreme punishment, and yet demons do not scour their surface.

I see that you appear troubled, my colleagues, yet not troubled enough. Consider then, the speed as to which these planets are cleansed of Chaos. We know how fickle the warp is for our armies, how slow to act our fleets are to outward threats, yet when Chaos.... Chaos, the upredictable foe, sending no forwarning... when Chaos strikes the armies rally to their aid in a matter of years!

Fortune, you may offer? Perhaps. Perhaps the Emperor may smile upon his armies occassionally. But then, perhaps those saving the planet knew of the Chaos threat -before- it actually struck.

Colleagues, please, you demean yourself with your cries of shock and disbelief. What you consider unthinkable, nay, impossible, is however the only explanation for the multitude of wayward planets afflicted and yet cured so swiftly!

Chaos is a weapon! A dangerous weapon, one not easily controlled, yet still a weapon! A weapon weilded by the Imperium itself!

We know that fear is the perfect means to keep mankind in check! And rightfully we should be afraid, for there are terrors abound in this universe, seeking to devour us if we are weak, and so we cling to the strong for protection!

Xenos, however, are insufficient for the needs of the Imperium. They are fickle, weak, as likely to war with others as they are to war with us. How then, is the Imperium to persuade mankind that we need its strength? It needs an enemy that can strike whenever and wherever they want it to strike.

Chaos is that enemy.

Whenever the Imperium needs to chastise a planet, they launch a witch hunt. Yet whenever a planet becomes aware of the well guarded secret that the Imperium is unnecessary, they unleash the daemonic horde upon them. They weep for a saviour, and behold, the Emperor smiles upon them for a force has been rallied to save them, arriving oh so conveniently.

That is how the Imperium controls us, my colleagues.

--excerpt from a collection of speeches by the false prophet, Kassan of the Eyes Conspiracy--

·
Registered
314 Posts
My good Sir,

I believe you err greatly, and yet I thank you for it. You state that Chaos was not capable of overcoming worlds so quickly as they do now, before the Heresy. This is quite untrue. I would point you to the daemon worlds within the Eye of Terror which are perpetually under the power of chaos. The Eye itself was created with the birth of Slaanesh, before the heresy, for was Slaanesh not on of the four that rode Horus relentlessly?

That daemonic activity is on the rise is simply a sign that we are nearing the end of all things.

Come, let us reason. You say that the Imperium responds to Chaos with suspicious quickness. I beg of you to consider the act of Exterminatus that you spoke of. This act is in itself an indication that we of the Inquisition did -not- respond quickly enough. For if we had, then might the world not have yet been saved? My dear sir, the fact that we are daily discovering new infestations across the galaxy is a kind of proof that many, many more worlds yet suffer daemonism, yet have not yet been discovered.

But if the Imperium does save some few planets, as you have indicated, let us praise rather the tireless and relentless activities of the Daemon Hunters and their kin the Witch Hunters!

It is almost certain that many worlds have been, and continue to be daemon haunted to this day. Your reasoning that the Imperium conveniantly and neatly responds to every warp incursion is a tricky claim. For, how can we respond to those we have yet to discover?

My friend, once even the Adepta Astartes were mindscrubbed or destroyed if they confronted daemons. In this desperate and latter times of the Imperium, as night swallows the stars and the end draws nigh, it is no longer the case. Marines, even Imperial Guards and Citizens have witnessed the power of Chaos first hand, and some survived to speak of it. They are our witnesses, and their testimonies make a lie of your claim that the Imperium fabricates, or worse, orchestrates the powers of Chaos!

O' once noble Kassan, your long searching for truth in the dark places has left you blind, like the small pale creatures that dwell forever beneath the earth. I pray the Emperor grant you sight, that you may find your way back to us before Chaos makes you it's own forever.

Emperor bless and cherish us!
Frankie

·
Adeptus Laziness
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Frankie,
--Regarding a subject that has entirely nothing to do with heretical thoughts whatsoever,
and as such this letter is hardly worth any time to read through, being entirely about boring Imperial non-heretical thoughts.--

You'll forgive that we have failed to provide a return address on this communique, for we fear after our enlightened Kassan, false prophet of the Eyes Conspiracy, soon after corresponding with you, sadly met his end in an accident which took his life and that of an entire habitat tower, as well as injuries incurred upon the residences in surrounding areas.

After much perusing over ancient books of the forbidden subject known as history, myself and my fellow conspirators have realised that supposedly, and I shall emphasise the supposedly, there have been daemonic incursions in the past against worlds that have willingly accepted psykers.

We will not deny that daemonic incursions do happen, and yet more frequently than not, they occur to Imperial worlds contemplating rebellion. The Inquisition would have us believe that rogue psykers are entirely responsible for Chaos influence, and yet given how so many psykers go unnoticed by the Witch Hunters eyes, is it not strange then that many of them roam around without hellfire and brimstone about them? If Chaos truly is the ever watchful terror that they claim it is, should not every world suddenly erupt with horrific hellspawn every time an unnoticed psyker sneezes?

Can you truly deny the possibility of the Imperium itself, alongside of these so called noble Grey Knights (who may or may not exist), willingly allows Chaotic influences to serve their agenda of controlling mankind?

Respectfully yours,
Nells Serlat
of the Eyes Conspiracy

P.S.
When you say you are of the Inquisition, you mean theoretically, not literally, correct?

·
Cousin It
1,385 Posts
I find it difficult, though clearly not impossible, to read through the above messages. Chaos is fickle, manipulative and cunning and i fear it has clouded your thoughts and turned you too far from our beneficent emperors light. Perhaps it may seem convenient to you that a world falls quickly to chaos and is cleansed in short order. I see it as a blessing that we should be thankful for. Perhaps you find it strange that the imperium hears about said chaos infestation and reacts with suspicious speed...i say that we react with all due speed, when confronted by an enemy more dangerous and insidious than any we currently face. You refer to worlds that have fallen before in passing as if it has been an uncommon occurrence...did you consider the fact that the only reason you don't hear of such things is because no one is left alive (or loyal) to speak of such things?

Worlds contemplating rebellion find daemonic infestation more than others for the simple reason that chaos is their master, and they are it's puppet. The foul gods of the warp orchestrate said rebellions, and use them as a gateway to bring their servants into the material realm and cause death and havoc. Were it not for the chaos gods, most imperial worlds would never consider rebellion.

The end times are upon us and humanity must react faster than ever before to threats from within, as we do from threats without. They may think us weak and beaten...Strengthen your resolve brother, for humanity needs men of character and strength, not men who will question the emperors will

Reactions: Jahi

·
Registered
314 Posts
Greetings Nells Serlat,

Alas, that the noble Kassan should have met such an unfortunate end! Alas, I prayed he would find redemption, but who knows now the fate of his soul?

It intrigues me that you link the planning of rebellion to Chaos infestations, yet do not take the common view that one leads to another, or vice versa. It is a case of the 'chicken or the egg', I suspect the answer is that 'chickens and eggs...both must die in fire!'

You have, however, caused me to wonder if the Ecclesiarchy does not use as intructional examples to the populace, the stories of Exterminatus or purging of Chaos cults and Daemons. If they do, I applaud them. Even tragedy may be a tool to fight for the minds and souls of men, against the Four, and the great Dark! Please note that it does not necessarily follow that the Ecclesiarchy -causes- Chaos infestations, merely that they use what exists as a tool.

What is your opinion? Is mankind better off now that the Imperium allows knowledge of the dangers of chaos, or were we better off in ignorance? I myself cannot answer the question, it is too big and vast for me...

I do not know the answers to all your musings, and reluctantly concede they are weighty matters to consider. Perhaps the Inquisition knows the answers, but it is my lot simply to trust and believe, and to lay down my life for the God Emperor if need be. Which of us is luckier? Myself, who is blissful in ignorance, or you who have gained so much wisdom, only to find that the answers will elude you always and disturb your harmony? I do not know the answer to that question either.

I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and theories! May the Emperor grant you answers, and peace!
Frankie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't mind me, it's not like i'm an Alpha Legion operative or anything. Just interested in the conversation.

·
Adeptus Laziness
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And now for an unfluffy response:

More thoughts and theories? Eep!

Well, this was a spur of the moment idea that popped into mind, and, while I highly doubt it even occurred to GW to have a secret branch of the Inquisition or something tossing some juiced up psykers onto a planet to bring about some chaos, I figured I might as well through it out here, and see if I was any good at 40k fluff too. (My god is it so restrictive. The only people that really can say anything interesting without stepping on toes are basically heretics! And even then their likely to get burned to a crisp.)

I just thought it was a little amusing that the only planets that don't seem to worry about chaos popping up are the ones controlled by the tau. Better medicare? Or dark conspiracy?

...or both?

Well, right now I'm mulling about the possibility of a blind commissar leading around a bunch of grots for my next 40k fluff (though I'm thinking it's too silly), but if I have any new heretical ideas popping to mind, I'll be sure to bring them up... :b

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think that you all know too much about this, expect inquisitors knocking on your doors soon.
Now Im not much of a fluff-master, But realistically I doubt that The imperium is controlling chaos, If anything chaos is controlling the imperium, with so much time weak and exposed, who knows how tainted the emperors judgement is?
of course I really dont care for the affairs of of bio-matter, Its just the different flavours to us, Those pesky necrons on the other hand...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.