Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Thousand sons army list- i am a veteran 40K gamer but need opinions from other players to what i should add/remove etc. Note that the army list has to be 1000pts (or 999, whatever).
Here is the list:

HQ
Lord of Change
Wind of Chaos
160pts

TROOPS
9 Thousand sons
Aspiring Champion(Daemonhost)
Rhino
Extra armour

9 Thousand sons
Aspiring champion
Power weapon
Rhino
Extra armour
Unit icon

9 Horrors of Tzeentch
Upgrade to Flamer
Upgrade to Flamer

Predator
Autocannon
Lascannons

1002pts

Constructive criticism and advice greatly welcomed and accepted.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Looks good. Id's swap the autocannon on the pred for a twin lascannon though, make it a dedicated tank hunter.
PS: don't post pts costs of everything, just the total of each unit. Upgrade costs are copyrighted you see :) .

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but what should i take out to make room for the lascannon. After all, you can't have too many troops in thousand sons.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Alternatively, I would say lose the Lord of Change and get a Chaos Lord instead. The Greater Daemon is not worth the points it costs by any means, especially since it has to be summoned. Instead, give your second Thousand Sons unit a Unit Icon as well to make the Horrors/Flamers able to pop in just about anywhere. With the points you save, you can give each of your Aspiring Champions the Bolt of Change power. This will allow them to function as "heavy weapons" for their squads, and even if they stay in the Rhino, don't forget the firing point!

·
418 Posts
yah man just lose the lord of change. a chaos lord can be alot more effective for 40 pts less. and dont' upgrade a tzeentch aspiring champion unless you are going to get him a Psychic power. (he only has 1 wound, but +1 attack at intiative 4, he doesn't raise leader ship, as all models w/the mark of tzeentch are fearless, see the White Dwarf with the lizardmen thingey for the chaos codex update)

·
418 Posts
heehee the firing point, i had a squad with 6 chosen in the rhino, my friend got his expensive space marine Commander and retinue to blast my tank away with melta bombs (he forgot about the fire point) i used 2 wind of chaos flamers and murderized 3/4 of the retinue, because he didnt' realize that i could use the top hatch as a firing point and he stacked his guys nice and close together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.