Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may or may not know, forge world has recently released legion specific dreadnoughts. My question is, if the Thousand Sons are just dust inside of power armor, how can they be put into a dreadnought?

I mean if they were wounded seriously enough to be entombed, wouldn't their souls or whatever it is escape?

·
1,019 Posts
Good point

BUT!...

What if they were entombed before the rubric. Or what if the ones who are entombed are sorcerers (the sorcerers of the legion didnt turn to dust).

Just my two cents (dont really know what that means....something from 60 minutes right?)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I say they have to be some kind of elite sorceror or something, cuz i don't think any dready could have stayed in action for 10,000 years or whenever the rubric was cast.

Thats a good question, when DID the rubric of ahriman get cast?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Or what if they're warriors that chose to be entombed while they were still alive. So they could get them in an air-tight room or something, split the head off the armour like a cookie jar, and have it go into the dreadnought. Unless of course, their souls flew from the armour, into the tomb.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe the dreads are like a spiratuel trap and the scorcerers can just funnel the souls from one area to another and Antioch why cant the dreads last 10,000 years the space wolf guy has been in one around 9,000 years?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Not all TS are dust, only those with the rubric sign are (basically exactly those which benefit of daemonic essence). Aspiring Champs of rubric squads are still flesh and blood, as well as all non-rubric TS, and probably dreadnoughts as well.

jwu

·
Registered
959 Posts
the guys who were in the dreads would be entombed the same as those in power armour or they would possessed vehicles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
no it was a good question its kind of hard to imagine that all the thousand sons dreadnaughts are 10 000 years old and in one piece.
but if they are and they are dust, does this mean fire frenzy and blood rage don't work on it?
and they would move like the men too, slow and purpouseful, but none of this is mentioned in the codex . . .

·
1,019 Posts
As mentioned before, they could be just sorcerers entombed in dreadnoughts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's probly it, a sorceror or really cool aspiring champ got fragged in a horrid way, and they entombed him in a dreadnought.
and i figured a dready would've gotten blown up before it got to serve 10k years, because nobody's that lucky when they're that big. Even my DP gets wasted every now and then by a few unlucky lascanon rolls, or my dread going into fire frenzy when my DP has only one wound left and is standing 7" away from him... :angry:

·
1,019 Posts
I actually think its well possible for a dread to survive 10.000 years. I mean look at the chaos Titans. They've been around for even longer than that and they're still going strong.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm, do you place your dread in such a way that he has no LoS to any enemy units?? Btw I tihnk Chaos dreads are quite capable of surviving that long, if they don't do anything too stupid... ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Good point.

But you say that sorcerers might be entomed in the dreadnought, now their mind is still intact, why are they unable to use psycic powers?
Ok maybe they'll go insame from being trapped within the dreadnought too, but before they run mad, what about that?

·
1,019 Posts
Well the mechanism that allows dreadnoughts to work revolves around a mind-impulse unit.
Now im no Savant but i think that might seriously disrupt any psychic powers you might have. Psychic powers work mainly because of the electrical signals in the brain (hence a EMP bomb would knock out a psyker easily). My guess is that the mind impulse unit takes over those parts of the brain that the psyker would normally use as a catalyst for his psychic powers.

But this is ofcourse all speculation.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think the Sorceror might still be able to use his psychic powers, but remember he's entombed in a Dread, there's probably no psychic conduit (or whatever the word is) through which he can project his powers. And who can blame the guys who put him in the Dread for that? I mean, they know the guy will go nuts, better make sure he can't do all kinds of crazy psychic stuff then.

·
1,019 Posts
Yeah, imagine trying to ship the dread around. That would be impossible.
Another theory. The mind-impulse unit needs to use the parts of the brain the sorceror normally uses to use psychic powers. But the sarcophageus (spelling?) around the dread must be insulated so the occupant doesnt emit any stray psychic waves into the unit. Not a good thing when maybe they are being herded towards their transport... lasguns blazing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.