Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am getting my Thousand Sons army well under way. It includes 3 squads of marines, 2 Chosen of Ahriman, A sorceror Lord that is reprsented by the model Arhiman, 2 Predators. This isn't really the normal TS list but I am going for a cabal that is trying to break into the black library. The story is that CoA 1 hates CoA 2 and they are constantly trying to out manuver each other. The Sorceror Lord keeps them from tearing the cabal apart but lets them go at it from time to time. I don't have much more than that. I was just curious if the Chosen of Arhiman might fight amoungst themselves or if they are devoted to Ahriman? Would they follow under another Sorceror Lord that is more powerful than they are or would they only answer to Ahriman? Thanks for the help and sorry if this isn't the most organized post.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That sounds sound. Where there's chaos there's infighting, and I would assume that the lackeys of Tzeentch would be even more partizan than the others. I would think that most of the CSM would have loyalty to their patron deity, and to a lesser extent their commander.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Tzeentch champions tend towards individualism (Tzeentch prefers it that way, he just manipulates them into serving him regardless of what they do) so I think the idea of two CoA competing with one another seems quite sound (and cool) to me. The chaos lord might actually encourage it to sharpen their edge and keep them trying hard to please their daemonic masters.

On a game note though, remember CoA are black library, and therefore, your opponent can refuse to play you with them.

The one thing I don't get is the predators.. Gamewise they make sense because of the awesome firepower, but if you're assaulting the black library, are you going to take tanks? Dreadnoughts seem more appropriate, as they aren't as affected by the terrain, and can probably opperate indoors.. I know the black library is impossibly large.. but still.. tanks. :/

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only two reasons for the Tanks. One is I HATE the Chaos Dreads. Can't stand them and I don't want a loyalist dread with spikes. I also don't think that the Dreadnoughts seem very Tzeentch to me. It is the rage thing. I have always seen Tzeentch servants as a cold calculating being instead of one that is controled by more rash emotions. The second is that I like the Preadator models. Yes they may not seem like the most common choice for a force that is assaulting the Black Library but I leaned to them instead of the dreads. I am aware that my opponents can refuse to play me if I am using CoA but I have two armies so if they refuse to play me I will just use the other.

·
Registered
443 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts