Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just want some thoughts on this list.

Lord

Slann if khaine magic wondering deliberations book of ashur bsb iron curse icon. Not khaine high lore master book of ashur.
Either way 430pts

Hero's

Skink chief, light armour, shield, spear, dragon helm, ancient stegadon, sharpened horns
306pts

Skink chief, light armour, enchanted shield spear, ancient stegadon sharpened horns
299pts

Core

30 saurus warriors, spears, standard 6x5
340pts

30 saurus warriors, spears, standard 6x5
340pts

Special

28 temple guard, standard, champion, banner of discipline, sword of might. Slann here 8x4
447pts

Rare

2 salamanders 2 extra crew
168pts

2 salamanders 2 extra crew
168pts

Total 2498pts

So general set up the temple guard form the centre stegs either side chiefs to restrain my guys if needed 2 saurus blocks either side and salamanders on the flanks.

I know it's not going to win the tourn I am half governed by the models I have but I have had some success with a similar list only one steg and 15 cold one riders. Just want people's views on the list? I have loads of zombies and necros to raise as well just to make it interesting lol

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
YES!
I like the list. The one thing I would do is to drop 2 salamanders in favor of two units of skinks with blow pipes. Then use the salamanders as two units of one.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Lucas thanks for coming over and having a look you opinion is always welcome.

Glad you like it I though i might get questioned about the chiefs but the serve a duel purpose. they ofc keep predatory fighter in check and they provide a 1 in 3 chance of saving the steg from a cannon ball.

Would a strength 4 flame template do more damage, i also have 8 d6 worth of poison shots on my Stegs so do i need more the idea for salamanders it to burn the big units i half prefer the razadons but i only have salamander models (though they are old ones).

i could howevre because of the end times rules split the slamanders in 4 single ones for more drops?

You think this list can compete though i want to win at least 1 game.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
The main reason why I would have the two units of skinks is the mobility they have, 12 inch march with all the reforms you need and can still take out something with poison.
I like the twin skinks on the stegs. The power of two charging stegs can and will kill almost anything.
I also think you should give both list a try, one with the 4 salamanders and one with the mix.

Also with the end times army stuff from archy. I don't know if the warriors code has been changed yet. I hope not as I think if you want a good tourny, you need restrictions not just how many skull crushers can I fit on the table.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have for this next one in June go on the warhammer world website event packs are up.

Yeah the stegs are awesome and with sharpened horns causing d3 wounds they take down big things. Chiefs will be strength 5 on charge which is ok.

Yeah I will give it a whirl though poison still struggles with armour.

Really appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Lucas what do you think to dropping the chiefs and pickin up 2 lots of 12 skinks? though mine have javalins lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I will be keeping the stegs I just think that's 2 more drops and the salamanders can concentrate on toasting the enemy what would you do?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok List as follows.

Slann, Wondering diliberations (khaine magic), High Loremaster (non Khaine), Book of ashur, BSB.
430pts

Core

30 saurus wariors 6x5 Standard Spears
340pts

30 Saurus warriors 6x5 Standard spears
340pts

12 Skinks Javlins shields xx

12 Skinks Javalins Shields xx

Special

28 Temple guard (slann here) 8X4, Standard, Champ, banner of disipline.
427pts

Rare (with restrictions lifted)

Ancient steg, Blow pipes, sharpened horns
250pts

Ancient Steg, Blow pipes, Sharpened Horns
250pts

2 Salamanders 2 extra Crew
168pts

2 Salamanders 2 Extra cre
168pts

Total 2493pts

so final thoughts??

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi anyone that might still be checking this out so I reviewed my list and I come up with this.

Slann book of ashur. Khaine wondering deliberations. Non khaine high lore master. Either way bsb with skaven pelt banner.

Core

30 saurus warriors spears standard
340pts

30 saurus warriors spears standard
340pts

12 skinks
Xx

12 skinks
Xx

Special

36 temple guard standard champion standard of discipline. 8x5 slann here
539pts

Rare

Salamander extra crew

salamander extra crew

Steg sharpened horns

Steg sharpened horns

Total 2497pts.

So frenzy temple guard is good and with ld 10 3 dice with rerolls they will always be in control. Skinks to harass flanks and salamanders to burn not sure if I should keep them as a 2 or 1 was thinking 2 as that combines crew and the double flame.

Thoughts on this list?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I use the skaven pelt banner and its mighty good. I would use the salamanders as singles model units.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok salamanders as singles and other than that what you think?

Never used the banner before but I thought 8 extra attacks would be handy but not sure is it worth 65pts?

Played in a 6 man 3000pts triumph and treachery Friday with this list plus 15 saurus cav and I won :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts