Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we can now apparently legally use Storm of Magic scrolls of binding as Special choices (those are signalled by + following the entry), I have made up a list for Throne of Skulls (2000 pts) that I will obviously never use. As mentioned in another thread, this opens gates for many broken options, but also for some fluff armies. I thought about a full-spider army, but no anvil makes it hard, so put two gobs units in. The Warboss goes into one, the Shaman into the other. I wanted to use three Arachnaroks and there is not as many Gigantic Spiders in here as I'd like (BTW, do you think they should go into one unit instead of three single ones? the BSB could join - but single Goblin BB on spider is a good choice, according to many, they are so manouverable). Two signatures are handy for the flanking Arachs.

* Goblin Warboss (** pts)

* Goblin Great Shaman, Arachnarok (435 pts)

* Goblin Big Boss, BSB, Gigantic Spider, Great Weapon, Charmed Shield, Dragonhelm (119 pts)

* Goblin Shaman, Dispel Scroll (80pts)

* 5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders (** pts)

* 39 Goblins, shields, Standard Bearer, Musician, 3 Nasty Skulkers (186.5 pts)

* 39 Goblins, shields, Standard Bearer, Musician, 3 Nasty Skulkers (186.5 pts)

* 1 Gigantic Spider (** pts) +

* Arachnarok Spider (*** pts) +

* Arachnarok Spider (*** pts)

What do you think? There is a list possible with four Arachnaroks, one under a Shaman, one in rare, two in special, 500 points in core and you still can fit something more in. Maybe that's better?

What other crazy combos can you think of? Try to limit yourself to options that have some sense fluff-wise (of course that Exalted Lord of Change is tempting). I'd like to have an all Orc (maybe Savage) army with a Warboss on a Wyvern and several Wyverns in special. They are dirty cheap, only 53.(3) Night Goblins for a flying S6 monster and additional options such as breath weapon and impact hits.

Another great thing is sneaking some of the other lores of magic in - Shadow or Death could be really fun with Dark Emissary (as would be Beasts, but I don't see a Truthsayer joining a Waaagh!).

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Hehe, I used a 'Toofsayer' in a SoM campaign for my Orcs. I just used a suitable Orc Shaman model to represent him. Beast magic is fantastic for us. Wildform rocks my socks off for Orcs. Shadow can be very handy as well to lower peoples initiative and WS which are our main faults. I'd rather take the Fimir as a Shadow caster than a Daark Emissary though.

As for Monsters. Why not take a couple of those FW Statues of Mork/Gork. The smaller ones are pretty cheap and are hard as nails. Wyverns are quite nasty and flying Breath weapons are always good to have. They can mess up Elves and so forth rather nicely :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first time they've allowed use of SoM and Forgeworld in regular games at their event. It has always been possible in friendly games - with your opponent's consent. Now it will just be harder, in my opinion, for them to refuse, but if it's a 'friendly' game, you should be able to come up with a consensus. I believe this may become a standard in GW Stores. Other tournaments I don't think will allow it, not without some caution at any respect.

But our brainstorm can be for any battle. I've used ToS format because 2000 pts is as good as any and this is the tournament that brought this breakthrough. If you come up with any idea, do share.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
To be honest Miko, you'd be better off taking 2 K'Daai Destroyer things than the Arachnaroks. You can make those things fly, with a breath weapon, do 2D6 stomp attacks and all the other shenanigans. Not to mention their stats are obscene and are pretty much untouchable against mundane attacks. Oh, you can make them immune to str4 or less attacks too. Guess what, they're only 50pts more than an arachnarok.

They're in special too so you can have two of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts