Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok he's the fluff to my dwarf army. Please bear in mind I am SH*T at creating fluff, so If you have any ideas how I could improve it let me know. Anyway here goes:

History Of Khrum Kazad – The War Drum Fortress

The hold of Khrum Kazad is set high upon Mount Khrum; King Dain’s Great-Great Grandfather - King Furgil, founded the hold. Furgil and his clan were the remains of a lost hold before it was overrun with greenskins. An Orc Warband was hounding Furgil and his clan; these Orcs were relentless in their pursuit and every day the gained on the dwarfs. Finally the dwarfs came upon a mountain range and were forced to climb them, to escape their pursuers. The Orcs showed am unusual canniness, they would lead night raids into the Dwarven camp leaving lots of dead but more dwarfs.

Day by day Furgil was pushed higher and higher up into the mountains, until one day they came upon a cave. They settled down for the night, and after many raids they place sentries. That night the Orc raiding party closed in on the Dwarven sentries when a drumming boomed out over the mountainside. Upon hearing this, the Orcs decided: “ Ders lots more stunties up ther � and fled. On the other hand the dwarfs figuring an Orc raid was imminent took up arms, when none came Furgil decided to investigate. He took a small party into the cave, and deep into the mountainside. After many hours passing caves and tunnels the one they was in opened out into a large underground cavern.

In the centre of this cavern was an ancient city, a Dwarven city. To the left of the city was a waterfall, and curiously there was a small channel dug into the pool into which the water ran. Following the channel they came upon a hole in the ground, and a small dam had been placed in the channel. Every now and again a small trickle of water escaped and plunged into the darkness. After a minute or so the ground shook and a drumming vibrated around the cavern, the sound then passed through the tunnels and caves. As it was passed through the caves and tunnels the sound was amplified before being expelled from the cave mouth as a deafening drumming sound.

Upon the seeing the remains of the city Furgil thanked the Gods, surely this was a gift from them; a home for his clan and chance to rebuild a lost Dwarven city. Soon his clan set about restoring and improving the city, it even has it’s own mines that aren’t dry. Over the years the news of a new city has passed through the Dwarven Realm, this has brought many dwarfs to the hold and to help rebuilt something of their Golden Age. The ancient mines have been explored and seams of ore, precious metals and gems have been found.

Runesmiths and engineers have found and opened the ancient hold’s hidden vaults; there was an amount of gold worthy of a Dwarven king. Much of it has been used to trade with nearby holds and races (mainly man), as well as help to pay for the rebuilding costs. In King Dain’s rein the city has prospered more than ever, and the hold has become renound throughout the Dwarven holds. But it is also attracting unwelcome attention.

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. I was reading it at the time, but like I said I'm not that good at writing fluff. But it'll probably change, I'm wrote up and then screwed up tons of fluff I've wrote so it may change. But thanks for your view.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I likes! Seems to derive from Tolkien a lot. Do you have any special conversion traits you apply to your Khrum Kazad army? Do you even have a Khrum Kazad (hereafter referred to as 2k) army?

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, no conversions as of yet, but expect some when I get back into battles again (been a drought of opponents). And I'm still working on the list, but I might change my fluff again. As it's been pointed out it's a little to much like Karak Hirn's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.