Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering about that termies can use NFW and SB or TH and SS. but can they have TH and SB cuz if they could then i could use them to kill vehicles in assualt and people (mostly) by shooting.

and if you answer the question in a wy which is insulting i will insult you back.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
i was wondering about that termies can use NFW and SB or TH and SS. but can they have TH and SB cuz if they could then i could use them to kill vehicles in assualt and people (mostly) by shooting.
As far as I can tell, no. The codex lists the two combinations of weapons that the models can have and you cannot alter them.

· I am a free man!
4,979 Posts
You have to choose between NFW/SB or TH/SS. One or the other. I think, for a BC or GM that leads a retinue of terminators, however, that it is possible to purchase a storm shield and use it in conjunction with their standard NFW, but I think you still have to sacrifice the use of the storm bolter, at least in the turn you intend to assault. Someone may correct me on this one, though.

and if you answer the question in a wy which is insulting i will insult you back.
That's nice.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
number6 said:
You have to choose between NFW/SB or TH/SS. One or the other. I think, for a BC or GM that leads a retinue of terminators, however, that it is possible to purchase a storm shield and use it in conjunction with their standard NFW, but I think you still have to sacrifice the use of the storm bolter, at least in the turn you intend to assault. Someone may correct me on this one, though.

That's nice.
acually tho i wanted a thunder hammer and bolter so not the other thing

· Registered
1,920 Posts
number6 said:
Unless there are rules restricting the use of one weapon with another, you are correct. Also, the general consensus is that a weapon purchased from the armoury must replace an existing weapon, or both if the new item is a two-handed weapon.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
number6 said:
That's nice.
well if ur being sarcastic then i am sry but many people insult me and call me stupid for asking ovious questions. i wont say any names [miril] lol.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Well, it won't work, except for the Brother Captain (since he's a character, of course). In that case, however, you'll have to pay extra points to purchase the new item from the armoury.

· I am a free man!
4,979 Posts
Er ... right. :wacko:
Well, similar thinking applies. You can replace your GM's or BC's NFW with a thunder hammer if you like and keep the storm bolter. You just have to pay for the hammer. You can't try and take advantage of the NFW/SB <--> TH/SS equivalence. Essentially, you can accept one build or the other and then buy wargear to change it slightly -- but only on models that are allowed to purchase wargear, of course.

· Registered
467 Posts
No they can't, I didn't even know they were allowed to have TH/SS since the codex states that Grey Knights' weapons can't be altered. Suppose that only extends so far as not giving Purg squads proper heavy weapons to kill vehicles and stuff ;s

As far as TH/SS or TH/SB goes, the TH/SS thing is a termie build, it's not wargear. For a termie to have TH/SB he'd have to have the TH as wargear, and normal termies aren't allowed to have wargear. Someone already said that above somewhere I think, but there it is again ^^

lol

· Registered
187 Posts
well if ur being sarcastic then i am sry but many people insult me and call me stupid for asking ovious questions. i wont say any names [miril] lol.

For the record, I have never called you anything. You simply took the manner in which I phrased my answer to another question of yours to indicate that I felt you were stupid or a child. And then you proceeded to call me names.

As said above, since normal termies can't buy wargear, I think they'd be limited to using the NFW/SB or switching both for TH/SS.

· Normal member Fox D:
3,725 Posts

Didn't I ban you? o_O

Re-banned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.