Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who insists on running ThunderCav. Every time I have seen them on the table, they get taken off in 1-2 turns. He wanted me to help him with the gear, and quite frankly, I have no idea how gear them. I was just curious if anyone else out there runs ThunderCav, and what setup seems to work best for them.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
They are expensive and I wouldn't really recommend them in any game less than 1850. Also, whenever you use them, ideally you would want to get 2 squads for redundancy. 1 squad is easy to kill. With 2 squads, the enemy has to choose and one of the squads should make it into assault.

Wargear-wise, you want to kit each TWC with different wargear for wound allocation purposes - to "spread the wounds". For example, with a unit of 3, I'd have:

TWC #1 - Storm Shield
TWC #2 - Thunderhammer
TWC #3 - no upgrades

With 4 TWC's, I'd probably go something like this:

TWC #1 - Storm Shield
TWC #2 - Thunderhammer
TWC #3 - no upgrades
TWC #4 - Meltabombs

And with 5 TWC's, I'd probably go something like this:

TWC #1 - Storm Shield
TWC #2 - Thunderhammer
TWC #3 - no upgrades
TWC #4 - Meltabombs
TWC #5 - Wolf Claw

This way you can take up to 3, 4 or 5 wounds depending on how many TWC's you have before even losing a single model.

Reactions: Wolf Guard

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
TWC are great, as long as you realize that they're high on the target priority list. To that end, screen them with cheap wolves and run 4 or more in a squad so that they don't die to a single round of shooting. As mentioned above, go with two squads for redundancy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.