Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought the new Dwarf miniatures and wandered whether to assemble my shooters as Quarellers or Thunderers.

I know that they are both better in different situations, but I expect to be playing a lot of High Elves.

Thanks for any advice.

Cairocopter:rolleyes:

· Son of LO
4,714 Posts
Im like missile troops with great weapons, do I would have to say quarellers.

Great range, cheaper at base cost.

thunderers will hit more often, but that is the only advantage they have.

· Bearded Ninja
3,070 Posts
personally i belive that your missile units should never be put into combat situations. they tend to get too costly and often will get their arses kicked.

so im with thunderers +1 to hit is a big advantage and they -2 to save rather than -1. :yes:

· Son of LO
2,574 Posts
As a LOOOOOONG time Dwarf player I would have to say Thunderers. The -2 to armor saves will save you time and time again when you are facing off against Bretonnians or Chosen Knights of Chaos or anything else with a decent armor save, not to mention they will hit more often.

If you want longer ranged support, then get a couple of Bolt Throwers, but equip the standard troops with Thunderers.

· Registered
924 Posts
The new handguns have +1 to hit anyway, short range or not, so they are as accurate as Elves or Ungols anyway.

· Registered
20 Posts
hello,
I have just strated dwarfs and bought the army deal,so I have one box of shooty dwarfs.actually I found it an dilemma wich one to pick but after a while I chose the thunderers because they probably make more kills then the quarrelers(+1 to hit,st4,-2as).also a little question:may quarrelers move and fire :unsure: are not.
greetz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.