Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 9 years since I've got a game of WFB, but I'd like to get my army neatened up while I'm waiting for the Blood Angel codex to (hopefully) be released next year - which means I need a few pointers from you lot about what I'm missing.

I have:
48 spearmen inc. 1 champion and musician
32 archers inc. 1 champion
6 Swordsmasters
5 White Lions inc. Full Command
1 (standard) chariot
2 RBTs
5 Dragon Princes inc. Champion + SB
14 Ellyrion Reavers (should the person who said they'd paint them for me ever return my models - [email protected], if you read this I'm gonna kick your arse :p)
2 mages on foot (1 w/ sword, 1 w/ staff if that makes any difference)
Dragon + Rider w/ lance
Mounted Character w/ lance

I'm not planning on buying any new units until I can be sure to get a game in but it's things like unit sizes, missing command, etc that I'm looking for advice on as I'm happy to spend some money finishing off what I've already got.

Incidentally some of these models are painted beautifully (the mages in particular), I should take some photos soon and show you all - sadly I didn't paint them, I inherited most of the models from a guy who worked at GW Bedford before me.

·
Registered
519 Posts
if you add a couple more specials, like another 6 swordmasters, or an extra rank (or 2) of WL, you'll be able to make some quite competative lists. And if you really want to be competative at 2000 PTS, you'll need some march blockers like a great eagle.

as for the command squads, maybe you can turn a Spearmen to a Standard bearer, so you can give them the lion standard, or warbanner, and i'm really fond of the banner of sorcery (i love magic) so you might want a SB in your WL, PG (you don't have yet, and are quite expensive) , or even a BSB.

you might want to post a list, in the army lists thread, and wait for som comments, you'll get your critics soon enough :)

Good luck :)

·
659 Posts
Your in the same boat I was when I got back into the game. Literally, that's almost the same exact type of army I had from 5th Edition. Back then, Speamen and Archers where all we needed. Today, their not half as good as they used to be.

You're going to have to beef up those Sword Masters, While Lions, and Phoenix Guard. Our armies revolve around those now. Otherwise, everything else you have is pretty good.

Reactions: realitycheque

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the help guys. Rep for the pair of you.

I'll get some more SMs (do these need a champion or anything like that) and some WLs so I can make at least 2 ranks of 5 men for each unit. Hopefully these and an Eagle won't cost me too much :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.