Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ADHD and I have so many different things on the go I'm just going to start one project log.

At them moment I have fro 40k Three Space Marine armies, Tyranids, IG, two Ork armies, two Chaos armies, Dark Eldar and Tau

WFB: Orcs and Goblins, Chaos Dwarfs and Empire

Epic: Tyranids, Orks and Marines

BFG: Marines, Neron, Chaos, Imperials, Tyranids, Orks

Blood Bowl: Lizard men, Skaven and Undead

FOW: U.S. mid/late war and Germans Late war

At the moment I will start with some photos of my hobby room

Looking in the door to my room

My work bench. Its not normally this tidy. I the magnifying glass is so I can show my parents my painting when thy visit, it is also used for some elticale repairs

Under my bench this is what I call my some day pile

My shelf is where I keep all my WIP models. At the moment it is mostly taken up with my Chaos Dwarfs and Tyranids down the other end

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
That's a lot of stuff! All rather nicely organised, though, and seems like a pretty decent set up.

Random WIPs are always more fun, though; you never know what's coming next!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna start with some Epic. Its been to long since I have painted Epic scale. I have started putting a tyranid army together. I still have about twice the amount of plastics to base up and another 9 assault spawn to build.

I mounted the gargoyles on thin pieces of wire, They just don't look right stuck to the ground.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Those gargoyles look kinda cute! I think you're right that they look better in the air, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hardly a epic achievement for the day I sprayed the models black and got one base of Gargoyles painted.

Tomorrow will see a lot more painted fingers crossed when I start up the paint production line. I hope to have 14 bases done by the end of the day

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was just thinking today of setting up a multi-army project thread, and you have provided some inspiration. Although I have neither the dedicated work space nor the mass of models that you have. 3 Space Hulks?? are those for re-sale in the future or do you just really like the game? Good Luck with getting stuff done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just thinking today of setting up a multi-army project thread, and you have provided some inspiration. Although I have neither the dedicated work space nor the mass of models that you have. 3 Space Hulks?? are those for re-sale in the future or do you just really like the game? Good Luck with getting stuff done.
The reason why I've got three space hulks is one for the models and game, two for the extra floor tiles and models for conversion and three to keep sealed and sale in seventeen years time to put my Daughter through university LOL

I have now got one of each stand on plastic figures painted as seen below

Genestealers

Warriors

Termagaunts

Hormagaunts

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Those nids are looking pretty good for tiny tiny models. Just how small is the epic scale stuff? I've never actually seen a model in person before.

Are some of the Genestealers missing their claws?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those nids are looking pretty good for tiny tiny models. Just how small is the epic scale stuff? I've never actually seen a model in person before.

Are some of the Genestealers missing their claws?
Yeah some of the stealer's are missing claws its a pity but the models are so hard to get that I'm using them any way.

As for the size the are 6mm scale as opposed to 40k witch is 28mm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took some time out of my busy schedule of Modern warfare 2 to paint these 5 bad boys.
5 plastic Lictors, I added more foliage to the bases then I intend on using on the rest of the army it was just to jive them a "Stalking you from the long grass" look.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I like the basing idea! It certainly does give the the look you were going for.

Thanks for the comparison pics, too! For some reason the tiny nids following their bigger brothers amuses me... :act-up:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Epic fail today. I had 20 stands of models and 6 assault swarm's ready for spray vanishing after a guarana and nicotine fueled 12 hour painting binge, I went outside and stared to spray them I thought the spay smelt funny and then I noticed they where turning black. I had pick up my black under coat and messed them all up. I punched myself in the head and went and played Modern Warfare 2 and had a fat EMO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.