Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I finally did it. After years of hearing about how Fantasy is the superior game system, I finally decided to take a leap of faith and start up some high elves.

Believe it or not, my first citadel miniatures ever were a box of 10 high elves (the cookie cutter ones) If i can dig them up I'll try to post a picture of horribly painted they were.

I'm going to start out small but I've made my first order.

My army will roughly consists of:

1 Mounted Prince
1 Mounted Wizard
1 Foot Wizard

10 Archers
10 Archers

12 White Lions with full command
6 Dragon Princes with Full Command
1 Lion Chariot of Chrace

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

My first piece (since the others have not yet arrived) is a dragon prince. I've only done the horse so far. I'm planning to do snow themed bases for this army.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow that is pretty awesome. How did you do the grey horse it's self (by do I mean paint in case some sick minded wierdos are reading this.)

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!

The grey was done with a simple codex grey basecoat followed but a thin glaze of black ink and then a highlight of a mix of grey and white.

I'm really not doing too many washes and glazes. Most of what you see is just straight layering. The metallics I did do a few washes on followed by some mythril highlights

i finished the rider last night but was too lazy to take photos. Here they are together:

·
2,244 Posts
That looks terrific.

There is nothing (maybe not nothing exactly) more satisfying than taking your time on a model and having it come up as good as that.

I really like the gold, it looks superb, but the horse is a little flat, I can't help with that, I just avoid painting cavalry.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the horse just has a lot of flat areas on the model. Not much i can do about that =\

I've got the model fully based at least :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts